New Member From Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
Hello, everyone. I just joined this forum as I am considering the use of "E-Cigars", or using cigar juice for a regular vaping device. Due to recent dental surgery involving "All in 6" hybrid denture implants for my uppers, my regular weekend cigars are on hold for the next few months. So I'm looking at cigar vaping options, IF I can find something that is both safe to use until I can go back to cigar, and at least somewhat mimics the taste of a cigar and draw.

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello and welcome to the forums @VapingCigars.

First off can I say ouch, you must be in agony. So I hope that you got some good pain relief.

For liquid or juice, Black Note do some NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) liquids and they have some cigar Tobacco based ones available. But it will be different from what you're used to.

As for mods, pod devices are a plenty. But you may be interested in the Freemax Maxpod, as it's a simple MTL (Mouth To Lung) pod mod with draw activation. So all you have to do is pull or inhale to fire the pod, so no button presses required.

Also they're not that expensive at all, so you could possibly pick up a few. Just so that you have backups in case things go bump, and you don't want to be left without a working vape.

• Agree
Reactions: Aliraonz

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
Mordacai, thanks for the quick response. I would like something that I don't have to mod, and is SAFE to use (not even remotely any chance of a device exploding!). Also, I don't plan to inhale anything, just as I don't my cigars. I just want a full, luscious draw of "smoke". As for the high mg/ml levels of nicotine from a liquid or juice, can you elaborate on the cessation of nicotine cravings with less vaping? As I mentioned in my OP, I am a weekend only cigar smoker (or was until this surgery). So that would be the case if I took up vaping as an interim measure until such time in the future I can resume my weekend enjoyment of cigars. And also, nothing that has a sweet taste. Can't stand that. Thank you again!

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Welcome. Hope you find what you're looking for, I enjoyed a cigar from time to time, and can say I enjoy unflavored juice almost as much. The nicotine I use has a slight flavor to it, and blowing big clouds with it it quite satisfying. I can't speak to a device that won't possibly blow up, as any battery "could," but you'd sooner be hit by lightning while being hit by a car so long as your not intentionally pushing the limits.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I can't speak to a device that won't possibly blow up, as any battery "could," but you'd sooner be hit by lightning while being hit by a car so long as your not intentionally pushing the limits.
I totally agree... most devices have protection form such things and are quite safe. Try to ignore the media (one idiot does something stupid and they suddenly say all vape devices could explode and blow your balls off) It's the batteries that can be and issue... just like other things that use those batteries (even cell phones)
I hope you find a "cigar" flavored juice you like (NET's are your best choice but not cheap) Maybe you find you like vaping and eventually give up the actual cigars (or not... I don't judge) Anyway, welcome... we are always here to help (you have found a good forum... hope you stay awhile and enjoy the discussions)

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I think that the worst a Maxpod would do is just fail to fire, they're pretty foolproof to use really.

The mods that can explode are Mechanical Mods, which have no safety protections at all. The only way to safely use them is to do lots of research or studying and lots of maths, otherwise you could possibly create a makeshift pipe bomb if you don't.

And with a higher strength of Nicotine you'll vape less often, so high mg/ml could be better while you're healing.

Then once you're healing well, you could then lower the Nicotine to a level that would be similar to you're cigar habit.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Reactions: VapingCigars

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
Welcome. Hope you find what you're looking for, I enjoyed a cigar from time to time, and can say I enjoy unflavored juice almost as much. The nicotine I use has a slight flavor to it, and blowing big clouds with it it quite satisfying. I can't speak to a device that won't possibly blow up, as any battery "could," but you'd sooner be hit by lightning while being hit by a car so long as your not intentionally pushing the limits.
I just want a device that is from a reputable company, and one that I don't have to fiddle with, other than to adjust draw level. I'll leave the modding to the brave souls out there. I'm just in this until such time that I feel I can safely resume my weekend cigar treats!

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
And with a higher strength of Nicotine you'll vape less often, so high mg/ml could be better while you're healing.

Then once you're healing well, you could then lower the Nicotine to a level that would be similar to you're cigar habit.
Would you mind elaborating on the part about using a higher level of nicotine so that I would vape less often? You mean as in how frequently I would take a draw from the vaping device? With cigars, I would typically take a draw once a minute or two or three, depending how engrossed I am with my weekend newspaper that I read on my patio with a single malt scotch.

• Agree

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
I totally agree... most devices have protection form such things and are quite safe. Try to ignore the media (one idiot does something stupid and they suddenly say all vape devices could explode and blow your balls off) It's the batteries that can be and issue... just like other things that use those batteries (even cell phones)
I hope you find a "cigar" flavored juice you like (NET's are your best choice but not cheap) Maybe you find you like vaping and eventually give up the actual cigars (or not... I don't judge) Anyway, welcome... we are always here to help (you have found a good forum... hope you stay awhile and enjoy the discussions)
Thanks! Now I just need to do more research in a vaping device, something I don't have to constantly configure and adjust, other than to change the "draw" level. I know a lot of people on here are vaping enthusiasts and are really into modifying their devices. I get it. With cigars, it's the experience: looking into my humidor and deciding which stick I'm going to have that day, taking it out, sniffing it, checking the construction of the outer leaf, getting a precise cut on the end, dry drawing it, toasting it, then firing it up. Sometimes with cedar strips, just for the experience, because cigar torches are much more precise and efficient. And in addition to choosing a device, seeking out these NET juices to simulate the cigar taste. Again, thanks!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
You've got the idea I believe now @VapingCigars, high mg/ml would reduce the amount of vaping to get your Nicotine fix.

Which initially should help while you're healing from the oral surgery, or at least that's the hypothesis.

But I'm also thinking that maybe a pod mod would be okay, but a mod and tank setup that can do TC (Temperature Coefficient/Temperature Control) maybe better. So that there's more control over the heat of the vape.

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
You've got the idea I believe now @VapingCigars, high mg/ml would reduce the amount of vaping to get your Nicotine fix.

Which initially should help while you're healing from the oral surgery, or at least that's the hypothesis.

But I'm also thinking that maybe a pod mod would be okay, but a mod and tank setup that can do TC (Temperature Coefficient/Temperature Control) maybe better. So that there's more control over the heat of the vape.
So to be clear, reducing the amount of vaping meaning the frequency of puffs, hits, draws? As for pod mod vs mod and tank, again I don't want something I have to constantly configure. I want it set up and then only need to adjust the level of the draw. In my case, I like a thick, healthy draw.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So to be clear, reducing the amount of vaping meaning the frequency of puffs, hits, draws? As for pod mod vs mod and tank, again I don't want something I have to constantly configure. I want it set up and then only need to adjust the level of the draw. In my case, I like a thick, healthy draw.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you learn more about vaping:
Home - The Vapers Table
Tutorial: Beginner’s Guide to Vaping
A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
Vaping: Let's Get This Out Of The Way · Vaping Links And More
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ts/visual_learning_beginners_guide_to_vaping/
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/wiki/frequently_asked_questions

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
@VapingCigars it sounds like you may not need much nicotine at all. You can go all week with our a craving?

To me, a good cigar was an occasional treat, not a way to scratch a nicotine itch, although I do suffer that issue. If, like me, you want a decent size cloud, a slight "kick" like caffeine, but different, so as to have synergy with an espresso, and maybe a hint of woody flavor with maybe a note of chocolate or other wood like, but not quite note, but otherwise just a way to puff a little and exhale all the stress of the week, than maybe, like me, a low nicotine, unflavored, or only mildly flavored juice, in a device that's not shy about putting out some wattage on demand, say, 40-60, is what will help. A device with Temperature control would be useful to keep the cherry stoked, so to speak, as ramp time, ie., how long it takes to get some vape, and, if you take a few puffs in a quick succession, keep the wick working well by not singing, might be useful.
There are many brands that do competent TC, if you decide that is whats for you, and any brand that has a reputation for good build quality will have devices that will work fine.
I'm curious though, as to the reason to not smoke. Is it the suction, similar to a tooth extraction, that's problematic?

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
@VapingCigars it sounds like you may not need much nicotine at all. You can go all week with our a craving?

To me, a good cigar was an occasional treat, not a way to scratch a nicotine itch, although I do suffer that issue. If, like me, you want a decent size cloud, a slight "kick" like caffeine, but different, so as to have synergy with an espresso, and maybe a hint of woody flavor with maybe a note of chocolate or other wood like, but not quite note, but otherwise just a way to puff a little and exhale all the stress of the week, than maybe, like me, a low nicotine, unflavored, or only mildly flavored juice, in a device that's not shy about putting out some wattage on demand, say, 40-60, is what will help. A device with Temperature control would be useful to keep the cherry stoked, so to speak, as ramp time, ie., how long it takes to get some vape, and, if you take a few puffs in a quick succession, keep the wick working well by not singing, might be useful.
There are many brands that do competent TC, if you decide that is whats for you, and any brand that has a reputation for good build quality will have devices that will work fine.
I'm curious though, as to the reason to not smoke. Is it the suction, similar to a tooth extraction, that's problematic?
Smoking daily would not be a good thing, at least in my opinion, nor would vaping. Besides, doing it only on the weekend is less of a health hazard for me, and it gives me something to look forward to all week. Once late Friday afternoon comes around I'm looking forward to selecting a cigar out of my humidor, to have with an extra dry gin or vodka martina, followed by a single malt scotch. One of my life's simple pleasures sitting on my rear patio by the pool, outside TV playing sports, news, or 60s/70s music, and reading the local and WSJ papers!
I'm not sure about your question, "I'm curious though, as to the reason to not smoke. Is it the suction, similar to a tooth extraction, that's problematic?". I can't smoke any cigars for the next four to six months, due to having had a hybrid denture prosthesis replacing all my uppers, attached to six dental implants. That would, at the very least, impede bone integration with the implants, and at worse, could cause a failure of an implant. I'm trying to do the research here to find out if, after making it through the very crucial first seven to eight weeks, when bone integration with the titanium implants successfully occurs, I can then enjoy a vaping device to take the place of my cigars, until I get my permanent denture prosthesis.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Smoking daily would not be a good thing, at least in my opinion, nor would vaping. Besides, doing it only on the weekend is less of a health hazard for me, and it gives me something to look forward to all week. Once late Friday afternoon comes around I'm looking forward to selecting a cigar out of my humidor, to have with an extra dry gin or vodka martina, followed by a single malt scotch. One of my life's simple pleasures sitting on my rear patio by the pool, outside TV playing sports, news, or 60s/70s music, and reading the local and WSJ papers!
I'm not sure about your question, "I'm curious though, as to the reason to not smoke. Is it the suction, similar to a tooth extraction, that's problematic?". I can't smoke any cigars for the next four to six months, due to having had a hybrid denture prosthesis replacing all my uppers, attached to six dental implants. That would, at the very least, impede bone integration with the implants, and at worse, could cause a failure of an implant. I'm trying to do the research here to find out if, after making it through the very crucial first seven to eight weeks, when bone integration with the titanium implants successfully occurs, I can then enjoy a vaping device to take the place of my cigars, until I get my permanent denture prosthesis.
Ok, so I know with an extraction, the sucking can cause issues, sounds like it's a combination of that as well as the that and possibly nicotine. I hope you find something that works for you in the interim, vaping very well may be it, as it has successfully replaced my large ring gauge habit.

Reactions: gjshaw29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread