New member in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh DaGuru

Oct 9, 2014
Jakarta
Just saying hello. I'm an American who has been teaching English in jakarta, Indonesia for the past two years. I've been smoke free for a little over a year, and am currently on a Protank 3. Love this thing. vaping is starting to take off in Jakarta, which is saying a lot in a country where almost 70% of the men smoke. Marlboro and kretek (clove cig) ads are everywhere. Everywhere. Outside of schools. On every street. On screen in movie theaters. PM actually employs bands of attractive young ladies to promote and sell their sticks. So, I am very proud that I managed to give up a pack of camels a day.

Unfortunately, the current situation for teachers in Indonesia is grim, as we're all having trouble getting visas and I will not work here without one. Not worth It. The good news is, I got offered a job managing a restaurant in a place not too far away from Jakarta. Unfortunately, the fine city has strict laws against vaping. Its almost a dealbreaker, but I can't pass up the opportunity. My mind is trying to craft ways of continuing to enjoy my hobby after I move there in January. Anyway, nice to meet you all. vape on!

Josh DaGuru

Oct 9, 2014
Jakarta
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately the country (city state) I am moving to is notorious in the e-cig community as being one of the only major cities in the world where ecigs are illegal. They charge about 13 dollars a pack for analogs! The government doesn't want anything competing with their tax dollars. Here in indonesia, real cigs are about a dollar a pack. Which makes me even more proud to have quit. Ah to be back in Seattle.

Last edited:

Psymon Peers

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 12, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread