Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have checked my batteries and my iq is like 99 so I'm a bit confused.
Did clean all the batteries and end connectors all good.

How do i check the version?

I've never gotten a 99 IQ. Here's how to check your version:

Tap button 4 times
Choose RCL From Scrolling Menu
Choose Info from Scrolling Menu

Version and any error codes will be displayed

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hi my version is 35.

Version 35 is what is on my P3 as well. This is the first release of the P3 through dealers. Version 36 is the newest version, but it only really addresses a glitch in setting different light intensity settings when you program different toppers in settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yes but i want my software new. Spent lots of money on it, i dont want no crappy old software. Where can i update?

It is rumored that dealers will have the ability to update the firmware in P3 sometime soon. Right now, the only way to get an update is send your P3 directly to Provape and they'll return it to you with the latest firmware. For this minor revision, it would hardly be worth the time and expense as you'll NEVER notice any difference using your P3 at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I would go to your dealer and have them update it for you. You may have crappy batteries. The P3 should register any fault.
They are new batteries, i bought last week.
Hmm will have to wait then i guess. Thought with this much money would get superior service.
Good device though i have to say.

Hey Junny,

When I spoke to Kim (the service tech over at pro vape) she told me the issue's they were having were with the V34's not the V35's.. She did however mention that the issue's had been resolved in the V36's and didn't mention the V35's so maybe there is some issues with those as well.

As far as the service goes I would suggest possibly speaking with the store in which you bought your pro vape if you are unhappy with your outdated version, depending on when you bought it, maybe they have a solution for you.

I know from my short experience dealing with the pro vape service techs via their website support ticket system that they were quite good. Got back to me within 14 hours, and after that sending/receiving emails was like clockwork. I would suggest that you maybe submit a ticket VIA their website, its sounds like you could quite possibly have the same issue as me. If you do, they might suggest a replacement end cap / spring as the solution. This was free of charge and as far as I know was shipped that day.

Hopefully it all works out for you. I know this can be frustrating with a new expensive device, but as with any piece of technology, there is always going to be kinks to work out.

Cheers

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hey Junny,

When I spoke to Kim (the service tech over at pro vape) she told me the issue's they were having were with the V34's not the V35's.. She did however mention that the issue's had been resolved in the V36's and didn't mention the V35's so maybe there is some issues with those as well.

As far as the service goes I would suggest possibly speaking with the store in which you bought your pro vape if you are unhappy with your outdated version, depending on when you bought it, maybe they have a solution for you.

I know from my short experience dealing with the pro vape service techs via their website support ticket system that they were quite good. Got back to me within 14 hours, and after that sending/receiving emails was like clockwork. I would suggest that you maybe submit a ticket VIA their website, its sounds like you could quite possibly have the same issue as me. If you do, they might suggest a replacement end cap / spring as the solution. This was free of charge and as far as I know was shipped that day.

Hopefully it all works out for you. I know this can be frustrating with a new expensive device, but as with any piece of technology, there is always going to be kinks to work out.

Cheers

Hey eB,

Great Info...

Welcome to the MadNess!!!

Jim

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Hey Junny,

Cheers
Thanks buddy,
I'll email them later today :)
Will keep you guys posted with what they say..

Hey Everyone,

Got home from my two week shift up North yesterday. Had the spring waiting in the mail. Tried it out, no effect.

Have contacted provape again today, will most likely be sending the device off to them to work out and figure out what is going on. In my opinion, there seems to be an issue with the board. But I will let everyone know what they fix or figure out once they receive the device. Probably wont be able to pick up the device for like a month as it will probably take a week to ship to provape, and then I do another two week shift. But I will let everyone know when its resolved. Thanks.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Hey Everyone,

Got home from my two week shift up North yesterday. Had the spring waiting in the mail. Tried it out, no effect.

Have contacted provape again today, will most likely be sending the device off to them to work out and figure out what is going on. In my opinion, there seems to be an issue with the board. But I will let everyone know what they fix or figure out once they receive the device. Probably wont be able to pick up the device for like a month as it will probably take a week to ship to provape, and then I do another two week shift. But I will let everyone know when its resolved. Thanks.
Ahhh that sucks!!!
Being left without a p3 for a month! After spending so much money too. Well i hope it gets resolved asap.
I haven't contacted them yet though. I shall do soon. I don't want to be with out it for a month! But shall see what Provape say...

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ahhh that sucks!!!
Being left without a p3 for a month! After spending so much money too. Well i hope it gets resolved asap.
I haven't contacted them yet though. I shall do soon. I don't want to be with out it for a month! But shall see what Provape say...

Yer kiddin right?!?

You have not contacted ProVape yet?

But you complain all over these threads?

WTO, d00d, Guess some people like their own sound?

What???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread