The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New member saying hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by struckus, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey guys how's it going? I just got started with vaping and awaiting my order to arrive..I use to smoke half a pack a day until I was 19 when I quit smoking..recently I got into cigars and have one or 2 on the weekend if i'm drinking beer..my throat hurts in the morning but I still like the smoking flavour and action when i'm drinking..e-cigs have interested me for a long time but never took the plunge..unti now lol..I ordered an ego-T kit and an 18650 upgrade module and tube..i've been in the flashlight game for a few years so this transition is going pretty smoothly..now looking at affordable e-juice but I suppose they all range around 15-20$ for 30ml..anyone know how long 30ml lasts for a weekend smoker?

anyway thanks for having me on the forum..looking forward to sharing knowledge and learning about this whole other world lol

2. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Hi and welcome struckus. :)

On a heavy vaping day, for me, I probably go through 2ml a day so if you are just vaping during the weekend, it should last quite a while.

After you get it keep track of how much you go through and it should give you a good idea. Just remember to order more way before you are in danger of running out!

3. negrete35

negrete35 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Caldwell, Idaho
    First off, welcome to ECF. Second, I think that 30 mls should last about a month if you're only using it on the weekends. But I should warn you that most people here, or at least its the impression that I get, end up vaping more than they smoked simply because of the flavors and the fact that you can do it in more places than you could smoking, in general. I would recommend going to the site dndvapor.com. their juice is only 10 bucks for 30 mls and is delicious. I particularly love the berries and cream. Again, welcome to ECF!

4. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    awesome thanks for the help guys! sounds like 30ml goes a long way which is great news

5. Rikiel

Rikiel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2012
    USA
    Hi struckus! From one noobie to another, welcome!

6. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks and welcome to you too

7. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
  8. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi struckus. Agree with what has already been said. Unless you vape like I do on the weekend which is non stop.

9. Firehawk77TA

Firehawk77TA Premier Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2012
    Lowell, AR
    Welcome struckus!! I'm new here myself. Happy vaping!!

10. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks again guys! I am anxiously awaiting that Canadian list! lol

I have a question hopefully someone can help..I ordered a ego-t kit but then ordered an 18650 tube and control module..I now want a LR atomizer or carto (not sure what's better or where to get the best LR one) do I really need the kit? isn't that all there is to an ecig? battery, control module, carto or ato and then the juice?

just trying to figure out if the kit is wastign my money if i'm buying the battery separate and a LR ato or carto and then juice seperatly..

thanks!

11. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    For the eGo-T a Mini Vivi Nova would be best (1.8 ohms is perfect and comes with the tank) make sure you get long wick:
    Vivi Nova V3 & Replacement Parts Long Wicked Standard.
    Do you have a link to the 18650 tube and control module?

12. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Awesome thanks! I have to check the price on that ato but I am in a budget and some of this stuff is pretty expensive..

Here is what I ordered
    [Joyetech] Joye eGo T Upgrade 18650 Battery MOD Controller [A-E3 Joye eGo T Controller] - $9.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

[Joyetech] Joye eGo T Upgrade 18650 Battery MOD Tube with no Controller [A-E4 Joye eGo T 2200 Tube] - $6.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

I'm hoping it's ok as I was referred to it by another caper and it's in the mail already

13. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Thanks. It's ok and HC is an ECF listed/ verified Vendor. I've ordered tons of stuff from them but only when they have sales.
    The 18650:
    You can set it to fire at 3.3 volts (battery lasts longer) or at 4.2 volts but as the batt drains the voltage goes down. You would want low resistance cartos, clearos, tanks, etc- 1.8- 2.0 ohms. The advantage of the 18650 is longer battery life but you will need a charger for it.
    Trust Fire TR001 Lithium Ion Battery charger
    and batteries but not sure whether it takes flat batts or nipple top batts...100 mah= 1 hr vaping before recharge.

Your other PV, the eGo-T, fires at 3.3- 3.4 volts.

Edit: It takes the flat top batteries.

14. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    yeah i've been in the flashlight forums for 3 or so years and have become very accustom to 18650's..I have a few chargers but prefer the nitecore intelicharge i4 V2..as for batteries I will probably run the panasonic hybrid IMR 2250mah or go with AW 18650's..

as for the link you provided..is that all I need with the battery tube and controller I ordered? just grab a low resistance carto or ato and go for it? so the kit is no longer needed right? i've essentially "pieced together a kit" at this point?

thanks again for the help..

15. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    WOWSER you guyz are LENGENDARY and I've gotten tons of accurate info from people such as yourself...Thank You Sincerely.
    Yes here's some delivery device info:
    Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form
    Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer/ Clearo/ Tank (includes the Stardust and the Vivi Nova)- a plastic or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. My Vivi Nova heads are lasting about 4 weeks BUT I wash the heads every few days. I've found the Vivi Nova to give the best draw. Always make sure you buy the LONG WICK.

When I first began vaping I used Boge 2.0 ohm single coil cartos (1 ml). After 1 month I switched to Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil cartos (1.8 ml). Next I used a carto+and tank (3ml) setup. When the cracking and wicking issues were resolved I got into Startdusts (1.6 ml). I now use the Mini Vivi Nova (2.0 ml) rebuildables as I feel they give a better draw and are far superior in quality. It is VERY important to match the correct ohms delivery device to the PV we are using otherwise, dry hits or a weak vape will occur.

16. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    well i'm glad we helped you out over the years because now you are returning the favour to at least one of us lol..

being from Toronto you can appreciate the shipping dilemma I am in..I would order that viva you posted but they don't have nicotine ejuice..if they did I would combine the order and go ahead and grab it..is there anyone in Canada that sells that viva kit with nictonine ejuice so I don't get double hit on shipping?

and also that viva kit, my 18650 tube and module will be all I need plus the juice? I should be set?

17. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    I'll pm you in a minute with info.

18. JoAnnW

JoAnnW Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2012
    B'more MD
    Hello Struckus and Welcome to ECF forum! I just wanted to welcome you since you are already getting good advice from the seasoned veterans on choices of equipment and juices. Just realize that you may spend more on liquids than for 1 bottle of juice per month. There are soooo many delicious flavors to choose from. ;)

19. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks JoAnn! yeah i'm sure i'll get right into trying everything eventually..just want a decent setup from the start and then I can work from there..if I can emulate my weekend cigar i'll be happy..for now lol

20. bllop

bllop Full Member

Oct 25, 2012
    ca
    welcome to ECF ! Im new as well after reading this thread im glad i found this site seems like alot of good people here that would help each other out/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.