New Member! UK Vaper-Need advice on THINKING OUT CLOUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hello and welcome! You should be able to just add the nicotine and shake well and vape. The flavors in the ejuice (without nicotine) may already be steeped well enough. Try it when you get it, and if it seems it needs steeping more, just test it every couple days until it taste good to you. I personally have never tried that juice so don't know the flavor profile.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Mindcircuz
We haven't enough info to determine if those 2 shots are going to result in 3mg nic in your 100 ml's of juice so as Bonskinbon suggests, trust the vendor to have it right and just dump the nic in and shake well. Steeping time depends on a number of factors but the most important being that it has steeped long enough when you are satisfied with the taste. Different flavors and combinations of flavors can take different steeping times. Fruit flavors generally require little to none but if they are combined with things like creams and bakery flavors then steeping time often becomes necessary to bring these flavors out. All you can do is keep trying a juice until it gets to where you're happiest with it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Vapers! Just ordered a 100ml bottle of 0mgThinking Out Cloud liquid and to get it to 3mg they sent 2 10ml Nicotine shots. Anyone got an idea of what this liquid is like, or how long I should steep the liquid before use? Thanks and hopefully get some feedback!
Welcome and glad you joined. Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
DIY E-Juice Resources: Over 100+ DIY E-Juice Resources – E Juice Makers
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid
Steeping/aging depends on many factors. Your best course of action is to ask the vendor who sold the juice, they would know the best answers.
Could check this thread:
UK Forum

Reactions: Mindcircuz

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
You'd need to know what's in those nic shots... the mg per bottle.

From calculations, the trouble is that if you have 100ml of 0mg, adding 20ml to get to 3mg = 120ml

So that means that as I calculate it, each of these 10ml HAS TO BE 18mg each to be balance to 3mg once mixed in.

Note that 20ml added to 100 will dilute the flavour by a fair amount unless their liquids are "over-flavoured" to compensate. Heck that's a difference of 17% and that can be enough to throw most recipes off.

nic-math.jpg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

From calculations, the trouble is that if you have 100ml of 0mg, adding 20ml to get to 3mg = 120ml
The 'shots' are 20mg.
I did the maths yesterday. I think 2 bottles added to 100ml makes 120ml of 3.3mg liquid.
Also, unless the people selling the shots can risk it being tested as above 20mg they are likely to be careful to keep it just under 20mg, maybe 18 or 19mg....
Close enough...
Flavor... as long as the zero nicotine 100ml is flavored for 120ml.

Should be OK. This is going to be the normal way now in the UK.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
The 'shots' are 20mg.
I did the maths yesterday. I think 2 bottles added to 100ml makes 120ml of 3.3mg liquid.
Also, unless the people selling the shots can risk it being tested as above 20mg they are likely to be careful to keep it just under 20mg, maybe 18 or 19mg....
Close enough...
Flavor... as long as the zero nicotine 100ml is flavored for 120ml.

Should be OK. This is going to be the normal way now in the UK.
So it jives with my math, so that's good..

But still, this way of doing it is simply crazy (as in really stupid)... as now, you have little bottles that are 10x more dangerous than having it premixed at much lower levels...

Reactions: djsvapour

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
So it jives with my math, so that's good..

But still, this way of doing it is simply crazy (as in really stupid)... as now, you have little bottles that are 10x more dangerous than having it premixed at much lower levels...

hmmm 120 ml total @ 3.3 mg/ml if the 20 ml added is at 20 mg/ml. Doesnt seem that dangerous... Im Vaping 36 mg/ml juice...
now if the 20ml add ins were 100mg/ml then I might believe that it could be something to be cautious about if vape as is.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
hmmm 120 ml total @ 3.3 mg/ml if the 20 ml added is at 20 mg/ml. Doesnt seem that dangerous... Im Vaping 36 mg/ml juice...
now if the 20ml add ins were 100mg/ml then I might believe that it could be something to be cautious about if vape as is.
I mean it as in... instead of having a 30ml bottle at 3mg, someone could take that 20mg 10 ml bottle are vape directly, or the whole "child might drink it", etc.... (yes I know 20mg being directly vaped isn't that bad but it's going to possibly overdose someone that doesn't use nic over 3mg)

Reactions: djsvapour

Mindcircuz

Jun 7, 2017
The nic shots are 20mg and they are quite harsh. The base flavoured liquid has been over flavoured to allow for the shots to be added. Personally start with one shot. They say they are shake and vape but I leave mine for a few days to settle first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The shots I got with the package were 18mg. You were right though.... they are quite harsh! I had dumped the 2 of them in before I read you're previous post and it was quite strong. Not unbearable though. Left the juice to steep for a few days as you suggested and it made a big difference! Was fun watching it go from clear to pink aswell. Thanks for the advice.

Mindcircuz

Jun 7, 2017
Hi Mindcircuz
We haven't enough info to determine if those 2 shots are going to result in 3mg nic in your 100 ml's of juice so as Bonskinbon suggests, trust the vendor to have it right and just dump the nic in and shake well. Steeping time depends on a number of factors but the most important being that it has steeped long enough when you are satisfied with the taste. Different flavors and combinations of flavors can take different steeping times. Fruit flavors generally require little to none but if they are combined with things like creams and bakery flavors then steeping time often becomes necessary to bring these flavors out. All you can do is keep trying a juice until it gets to where you're happiest with it.
The nicotine shots were 18mg and I had already calculated how much I needed to mix in with the 0mg juice. But thanks for your input!

Mindcircuz

Jun 7, 2017

So that means that as I calculate it, each of these 10ml HAS TO BE 18mg each to be balance to 3mg once mixed in.

Note that 20ml added to 100 will dilute the flavour by a fair amount unless their liquids are "over-flavoured" to compensate. Heck that's a difference of 17% and that can be enough to throw most recipes off.

View attachment 663217
As far as I know when you order from Thinking Out Cloud they 'over flavour' the juice when you add nicotine shots to the purchase. And they send you 2 18mg 10ml shots to make it up to 3mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread