Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hi and welcome to ECF.

Steeping ..

Some juices may need to be steeped in the bottle, basically, left for around a week to bring the flavor out more, some juices have already been steeped before they are sold, 9 times out of 10, a quick email to the vendor to find out is all that's needed..
I mix my own juice so I always have to steep my juices to get more depth and body to the flavor, there are a few, that can be vaped straight away but really, most need a resting period, this is definitely needed with custard based vapes, the E liquid will change color from a yellow to a darker tone...

You can also place the bottle in a crock pot on low to speed up the process, loads of info here or a quick google search will help but that's the basics.

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
In the DIY world, steeping is in the simplest form:

After you mix it, place it in a cool, dark place and letting it steep (age/combine). How long? from a day to a week, to a month.

How important it is depends %100 on your opinion of the resulting flavor.

For some people, steeping is not required or desired, they like the juice fresh.

For other people there is no way around it, they can't stand un steeped juice.

Let us not forget the tweeners, some find some juice fine fresh, while other concoctions are best served after steeping.

You could peruse the diy thread for more here: DIY E-Liquid

I put it like this: Can you tell me how much salt I like on something? Nope! Just something I need to try out and decide myself right :)

Philmore

Dec 8, 2015
Hi and welcome to ECF.

Steeping ..

Some juices may need to be steeped in the bottle, basically, left for around a week to bring the flavor out more, some juices have already been steeped before they are sold, 9 times out of 10, a quick email to the vendor to find out is all that's needed..
I mix my own juice so I always have to steep my juices to get more depth and body to the flavor, there are a few, that can be vaped straight away but really, most need a resting period, this is definitely needed with custard based vapes, the E liquid will change color from a yellow to a darker tone...

You can also place the bottle in a crock pot on low to speed up the process, loads of info here or a quick google search will help but that's the basics.

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Where I live I just can't go to a vape shop and buy juice. So I'm trying to mix my own. I have been mixing it and trying it. Don't like the taste of it. So steeping is the answer. Thank you.

Unless you live somewhere this is banned, you could order pre made juice also.

As far as steeping goes, if you do not like it at all fresh, you might after steeping it or you might not.

If you do not like it either fresh or steeped, the problem is the mix itself.

With taste being so personal, while we can point you at recopies a lot of people like, we cannot say you will like them until you try them.

As mentioned before, make the smallest samples you can until you find something you like.

You could try simply vaping plain PG if you have it to see what it hits like, how much vapor it produces.
The do the same with VG.
Next try a mix of PG/VGif you wish.
Once you find combination/ratio of this you like best, you can move on from here.

You may want to mix a larger base of pg/vg mix to start off with. This will allow you to "dial" in the amount of throat hit from PG) with the more bountiful vapor production of VG) if you even desire to mix the two.

Then you can take your pg/vg pre mix and use it to make tiny batches of flavors to sample. This makes it faster/easier to test.

Unless you like a %100 PG or VG.

Also if trying steeping, be sure to have a method to remember the formula you mixed, and sample it daily or so.
One idea would be to write down on paper the recipe you used, and the date it was made, and store it in a sandwich bag along with the juice itself. This will let you know later on how to both recreate it, and if sampling over a time frame how long you will need to steep batches you make later on.

I can't say I ever liked a batch after steeping that I found BAD before. I can say I have found some to get better after steeping that I did like to begin with however.

Starting out I feel it is best to just try ONE flavor at a time before you start trying to make multi flavor mixes. If you do not like one flavor at ALL, you may not like it when mixed with other flavors either.

Reactions: Philmore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread