Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    im new to all this , what would you suggest ?
    As far as e-liquids and mods, I hold back on recommending either, as they're subjective and different for everybody. I'm kind of limited (in both hardware and software) to what I use, but I'm sure you'll get some more helpful replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    i would like to know if it would be a good idea to get something like the sky solo plus or a vape mod instead of my classic e-cig

If your current set up is working for you, then no need to upgrade. I’m not familiar with the others you mentioned so I can’t say if they’re better or not.

You could look through the other parts of the forum, and even search that gear, to see what others think of them. I’m sure someone has them.

If you only have the one vape, you might try something else, at least for a back up.

I have a bit of a collection, so usually if I see something that appeals to me, I ask around and if it’s not been faulty, I’ll go ahead and get one. Or five. But that’s just me.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    what are you using ?
    I have a mech, and several reg mods (reg means regulated mods, but I can't bear to use the term 'regulated' anymore..). I use RTA's (rebuildable tank atomizer) and mix up my own e-liquid, which I use unflavored, or add a bit of a tobacco-like flavor to. Once in a (long) while, I'll purchase some commercial e-juice, but I dilute with some of my unflavored base (to lessen the taste, which I often find too intense).

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
    New Orleans
    i would like to know if changing to a mod would be a good idea ( will i get more taste from the eliquid , better experience ... )

Great! Still smoking too or are you done with that? If you love vaping like we do you will eventually want to go to something like the Aegis Solo with whatever atty that looks good to you. The Solo kit comes with a drop in coil tank. I have moved on to an ETNA MTL RDA and I am quiet happy with it!

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Flavor is subjective. What I think is better, you may not. I like to try a new tank every couple of months, and usually order clones from China. It's a cheap way to try a design before committing a lot of money.
    The one thing that seems to be universal is, rebuildable will give better flavor than coil heads, as you can tweak the vape to suit you.

Have you considered squonking?

Reactions: Rob B.

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    i would like to know if it would be a good idea to get something like the sky solo plus or a vape mod instead of my classic e-cig

Sure. Maybe one of these videos would help narrow down your pick..

If you have the money to spend and looking for something really nice, I'd suggest getting a Billet Box..

Reactions: Rob B.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Welcome Aboard

If it's working keep that and just look around for another Mod that is suited to you. Go to a local store look at them pick them up, because there nothing worse than getting something through the mail that you won't use. Research, Research & MORE Research, read everything you can, watch youtube videos, my personal favorites are Mike Vapes, Matt from SMM, Tony B and Grimm Green.

As you are new to vaping my own suggestion if you want to step up to a box type mod would be the OBS Cube or Cube X . The Cube has a large internal battery, the Cube X uses an external 18650 and runs upto 80w. The other suggestion is the Innokin Adept an MTL, just got one for the wife, she loves it, look, feel, draw and flavor. I have to agree, I can't quite believe how good this Innokin product is, the flavor from the Zlide Tank with those coils is very, very good.

Reactions: sefroth0

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    yes i have an evod 1000mah with a kanger t2 tank , it works well im very satisfied with it , lasts all day . i just have to change the coil it burns after 15 days
    That's decent life from a coil, since you like it stick with it for now. Would advise getting a backup kit. Welcome to ecf.

Reactions: BrotherBob

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    sefroth0, Welcome to ECF!:)

Glad to see you've kicked the analogs to the curb!:headbang:

Those Kanger tanks are what I started with & I'll let you in on a little secret that'll save you from buying more coils, provided you've kept some. These can be cleaned and even rebuilt, using low cost TEMCo Kanthal or better yet, SS 316L (stainless steel) on eBay. Cost for a 100 feet spool is less than $10 shipped & you'll need some 2mm silica & 1mm wicking material (you can also use the 2nd link to choose this size). All of this can be found on eBay.:)

TEMCo Stainless Steel Wire 316L Non-Resistance AWG ga | eBay

2mm High Quality Silica Rope Wick. Temp Res > 1600�C Perfect for Atty's | eBay

Most who switches to SS316L won't desire Kanthal anymore, plus it lasts longer. 28g is the best size for these tanks & with silica, can wrap the wire about 5 close rounds in your hand. Practice makes perfect!:)

With an abundance of YouTube videos on how to clean & rebuild these, wished I had seen these before purchasing over 20 boxes of coils.:D

There's also some larger Kangertech tanks which uses the same coils, although as you've posted, would like to move forward. I've simply posted the above for you to have the option of reusing what you have, plus it's good to have a spare device.

Should you have any questions, always feel free to ask, that's what we're here for!:)

Good Luck!:banana:

Cat

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread