New mods suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
Hello, i've been using an joyetech eVic VTC mini for quite a while now and i've been pretty happy with it, but after a few drops it finally hit just the right spot to make it stuck into bypass brickmode.

I need a new one but i need advise of what is on the market with the features i really enjoyed from the eVic mini, but with out the things i disliked with it, which was the battery capacity and that it was topheavy.

Things i'm looking for in a new mod.
  • USB charging
  • Robust, long lasting and with few teething issues ( depends on the features if it's a dealbreaker or not )
  • i vape in the 45-90 watt range mostly. I don't know when i will need more. ( Crown II, i know it sucks but i'm stuck with it till i run out of coils )
  • Battery capacity with more than 3000 mah that a standard 18650 offers, either dual 18650 or another type with more capacity.
  • I welcome a bigger mod as long it's not bulky.
  • I wouldn't mind a Kit where i would get a Tank, but that is not a priority.
  • Available in the EU or China

Thank you, hope you vapers can help me out so that i make the right decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What's the budget?

Pico Dual kit can be had around $40 US. Ijoy Captain or Geekvape Aegis around $60 (mod only at that price unless there's a $ale). Those are all pretty tough mods.

The Aegis is MilSpec ruggedized.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Look at the kits from Friendly Fire Mods. I have 2 of the NLPWM kits I've made. He also has a DNA250 kit you can buy too. They are a bit bulky but if you don't like the frame mods you can always buy the board, 510 and anything else you need to build them and put it in a B box enclosures smaller. I use lipo batteries. I have a 2800mAh 4s that will get me 2 days easy and the other mod has a 4000mAh 3s that gives me 2 1/2 days at least and upwards of 3 days on a single charge and both batteries (1 at a time) can be charged from completely dead to fully charged in at most an hour.

He also has a 3D printed box that you can buy the kit for a little cheaper.

It's the last mod you will "have" to buy even though it won't be the last that you will buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I got this one today, an EtAlien with a VGOD Pro RDTA, unbelievable vape experience smooth as and fantastic flavor and clouds. All up I paid tank and Mod $160 AUD including postage from an Aussie Vendor, yeah I could have got it cheaper from China but I support local vendors less problems that way.

bbbwh.jpg

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
What's the budget?

Pico Dual kit can be had around $40 US. Ijoy Captain or Geekvape Aegis around $60 (mod only at that price unless there's a $ale). Those are all pretty tough mods.

The Aegis is MilSpec ruggedized.

I was thinking around 40-60$.

The ijoy captain have a great deal with a tank included but i'm not sure if it will get too big. I've have heard nothing but good things about the geekvape aegis, but it doesn't have usb charging, but i will definitively look more into that one and if i can manage without USB charging, depending on the capacity of the batteries available.

Look at the kits from Friendly Fire Mods. I have 2 of the NLPWM kits I've made. He also has a DNA250 kit you can buy too. They are a bit bulky but if you don't like the frame mods you can always buy the board, 510 and anything else you need to build them and put it in a B box enclosures smaller. I use lipo batteries. I have a 2800mAh 4s that will get me 2 days easy and the other mod has a 4000mAh 3s that gives me 2 1/2 days at least and upwards of 3 days on a single charge and both batteries (1 at a time) can be charged from completely dead to fully charged in at most an hour.

He also has a 3D printed box that you can buy the kit for a little cheaper.

It's the last mod you will "have" to buy even though it won't be the last that you will buy.

Thank you for the reply, Looked up those mods but they're way over my price range i'm afraid.

Nice suggestions, The Rx gen3 is a bit to bulky for my taste, but i will take a closer look at the Smoant Charon.

I got this one today, an EtAlien with a VGOD Pro RDTA, unbelievable vape experience smooth as and fantastic flavor and clouds. All up I paid tank and Mod $160 AUD including postage from an Aussie Vendor, yeah I could have got it cheaper from China but I support local vendors less problems that way.

bbbwh.jpg

Looked at the price and hot damn, that is way above my inteded budget. but it looks awesome.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Smoant Charon & Battlestar are great mods. Battlestar is a bit more rugged. Pico's have a huge fan base. All are pocket & budget friendly. If will be your only/primary mod, I'd go with Battlestar. But those appeal to me, what appeals to you is what matters.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
Smoant Charon & Battlestar are great mods. Battlestar is a bit more rugged. Pico's have a huge fan base. All are pocket & budget friendly. If will be your only/primary mod, I'd go with Battlestar. But those appeal to me, what appeals to you is what matters.

The Smoant Battlestar seem pretty awesome, fasttech don't have them in stock as a kit but it's very cheap. I do like the venting for the batteries and the small size.
I had considered the Geekvape Aegis, for it's ruggedness but it's a single cell and no usb charging so i would have to invest in multiple batteries to rotate and no on the fly recharging.

I also saw the Vaperesso Revenger kit for 62,20$, but i know nothing of this mods and if it have any flaws.

Or is there any mod which include the TFV 8 which are worth looking at ?

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
Not a big Smok fan, so don't pay much attention. Their mods are a little boxy for me & seem to have some qc issues lately. I don't know much about the Revenger, but Vaperesso has a solid reputation & Revenger has a fan base on the forums.

Yeah i might pass on Smok too after what i've seen. But i do like that all their dual 18650 mods are flat and fit into a jacket pocket, which is also also why i looked at the reveger.

I also saw the Wismec Predator which is a nice size and does all the features i'm looking for, but saw some issues with the 510 popping out.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use the Battlestar everyday as it's my only mod. I love it, it's a great mod in every way. It's shape is perfect and I wish all mods were shaped this way because it's incredibly stable while still being ergonomic. I use it in tc mode which works great for a smooth stable hits perfect every time. I order a Charon touchscreen from fasttech for $54 bucks as a backup only because it's a Smoant product. The Charon tc mod is supposed to be nice too and should be considered.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
I use the Battlestar everyday as it's my only mod. I love it, it's a great mod in every way. It's shape is perfect and I wish all mods were shaped this way because it's incredibly stable while still being ergonomic. I use it in tc mode which works great for a smooth stable hits perfect every time. I order a Charon touchscreen from fasttech for $54 bucks as a backup only because it's a Smoant product. The Charon tc mod is supposed to be nice too and should be considered.
Been looking at the battlestar, the only gribe i can find with it's the batterycut off voltage is set high, do you experience less than ideal batterylife ?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Been looking at the battlestar, the only gribe i can find with it's the batterycut off voltage is set high, do you experience less than ideal batterylife ?
Yea that would be the only con of the Battlestar but it's not a huge one. I can still get a day on a set of batteries which is about 10mls of juice. With it doing everything else great IMO that small con isn't enough to make me want to replace it. It cuts the batteries off at 3.4-3.5 which while reducing time between battery changes, it's much easier on the cells therefore increasing their overall life. It just depends where less time between battery changes is on your list of priorities because it's really the only con this mod has and it has a positive effect on your cells.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
Yea that would be the only con of the Battlestar but it's not a huge one. I can still get a day on a set of batteries which is about 10mls of juice. With it doing everything else great IMO that small con isn't enough to make me want to replace it. It cuts the batteries off at 3.4-3.5 which while reducing time between battery changes, it's much easier on the cells therefore increasing their overall life. It just depends where less time between battery changes is on your list of priorities because it's really the only con this mod has and it has a positive effect on your cells.
Previously i could do around 5 - 7 ml on a single 18650 with my eVic VTC mini, at around 50 - 70 watt. I've been using an LG HG2 so i really hoped it would push them harder since they have a higher price tag. What watts do you vape at it for whole levels ?

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
The revenger is pretty decent but if it dropped I feel it would break easy also don't keep your last draw amp or volts

It is smaller than my alien I also feel my Samsung 30q last longer in my alien

Revenger does have 2 amp charging but that's not good for 18650s to be charged at

Buy a luc4 off imr batteries for 20 bucks I got 30qs and charger for 40.01 usd and got a free case to carry with

The segeli kaos is a mod I want cheap too

Vapecrawler.com
Vapingcheap.com
Vape.deals

Where I find t privs for 39.99

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
but it doesn't have usb charging

Personally I would never charge replaceable 18650 batteries in a mod with usb charging. It has been known to malfunction and cause damage or ever a fire. You should always take your batteries out of the mod and charge them in a charger made for 18650 cells. Again do what you want to do but that’s just my opinion.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
The revenger is pretty decent but if it dropped I feel it would break easy also don't keep your last draw amp or volts

It is smaller than my alien I also feel my Samsung 30q last longer in my alien

Revenger does have 2 amp charging but that's not good for 18650s to be charged at

Buy a luc4 off imr batteries for 20 bucks I got 30qs and charger for 40.01 usd and got a free case to carry with

The segeli kaos is a mod I want cheap too

Vapecrawler.com
Vapingcheap.com
Vape.deals

Where I find t privs for 39.99

I outed out of the revenger for that reason too, even thought it's very cheap and does come with a kit.

Personally I would never charge replaceable 18650 batteries in a mod with usb charging. It has been known to malfunction and cause damage or ever a fire. You should always take your batteries out of the mod and charge them in a charger made for 18650 cells. Again do what you want to do but that’s just my opinion.

I don't charge batteries in mod. More experienced and knowledgeable vaper's have repeatedly advised this, I listened.:)

I chose to order the Smoant Battlestar as i heard alot of good things about it, and it was cheaply priced. I do understand that the batteries will not be evenly charged with the USB, i do have an old Nitecore I2 charger i'm planning on using. But i did want the USB charging capabilities for when it runs out and i'm not near a charger.

Thank you very much for your input, now i'm on the hunt for a good RTA that even i can figure out how to build. Suggestions are welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread