New mods suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
OBS Engine Nano and Serpent SMM are both single coil rtas that are good to learn on. If you don't want to wrap your own coils, AVS, Advanced Vape Supply, is a good place to order prebuilt coils from. I use all of these products daily.
I could build my own coils, how big is the different in watts from one coil to two ? but i'm at a loss where i start. Like, which wire to get.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Watts are subjective. I have a .43 in Nano, 25w. If I had 2 of the same coil in Engine it would be a .21 build, think I kept around 45 or 50w. Been awhile since I used dual builds. I prefer 316l ss wire. There are many types of wire and just as many different opinions regarding preferences. Read thru some of the threads in rta forums. I am not best person to help you with learning how to wrap coils. I learned on youtube.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
Watts are subjective. I have a .43 in Nano, 25w. If I had 2 of the same coil in Engine it would be a .21 build, think I kept around 45 or 50w. Been awhile since I used dual builds. I prefer 316l ss wire. There are many types of wire and just as many different opinions regarding preferences. Read thru some of the threads in rta forums. I am not best person to help you with learning how to wrap coils. I learned on youtube.

Alright, i was thinking of just buying some wire, a coil master winder and some ecologic cotton at the local cosmetic store and then get at it trying to learn how to wrap a good coil. I'll resort to youtube aswell.

Any suggestions on a wire diameter that works out well for the OBS RTA ?

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For beginners 24g may be easier. I use clapton which is easy enough with jig. I'm lazy these days and seldom wrap coils. Did just wrap a 316l ss clapton for SMM. 6 wrap on .25 rod spaced. Talk to the people at the shop for ideas. If you're lucky someone there will get you started.

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
For beginners 24g may be easier. I use clapton which is easy enough with jig. I'm lazy these days and seldom wrap coils. Did just wrap a 316l ss clapton for SMM. 6 wrap on .25 rod spaced. Talk to the people at the shop for ideas. If you're lucky someone there will get you started.

Okay, i will try and buy the OBS, a coil tool and find out what kinda wire to get with it and then ask the local shop for some guidance on how to set it all up. I just hope a black OBS will look neat on a copper Smoant Battlestar.

Thanks alot for all your advise and help Letitia. and thanks to everyone else who also replied.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Alright, i was thinking of just buying some wire, a coil master winder and some ecologic cotton at the local cosmetic store and then get at it trying to learn how to wrap a good coil. I'll resort to youtube aswell.

Any suggestions on a wire diameter that works out well for the OBS RTA ?

The CM kit would be good for you cause it comes with flush cut pliers, pliers, resistance meter, a couple screwdrivers and the coil jig. That would be perfect for you, all in one kit.

Don’t go to a cosmetic store for cotton. Some of their cotton is bleached and not good for inhaling. I use cotton bacon and it can be found at most B&M vape shops. Also Japanese cotton is good. I use cotton bacon and Ko Gen Do. You can find a box of 60 pads for $18 shipped on Amazon.

As for wire, I mostly use SS 316L and mostly used wire size is 24g. I personally use between 18g and 24g. I learned how to make coils on YouTube. I make aliens and staggered fused claptons the most for my friends but I usually run single strand coils of 18g-22g but I’m also putting these dual coils in either my 41mm Voltrove RDA or my 40mm Mason RDA and running it on my lipo kit mod (attached is a pic of my mod with the Voltrove). If I’m running the Voltrove or mason on my lipo I have to build higher so I use 20g-22g Kanthal so I have a higher resistance and I’m running between .3-.5 and vaping anywhere between 9V and 12V. If I’m running SS duals I’ll put it in a series deck like the 30mm Modfather RTA or the 30mm Modfather RDA so I’m able to have a higher resistance.

Hope this little bit of info helps you out.

Here is the RTA sitting on the lipo mod kit I built.

c6e48331c18c3cc73b4b071a37b0edc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
The CM kit would be good for you cause it comes with flush cut pliers, pliers, resistance meter, a couple screwdrivers and the coil jig. That would be perfect for you, all in one kit.

Don’t go to a cosmetic store for cotton. Some of their cotton is bleached and not good for inhaling. I use cotton bacon and it can be found at most B&M vape shops. Also Japanese cotton is good. I use cotton bacon and Ko Gen Do. You can find a box of 60 pads for $18 shipped on Amazon.

As for wire, I mostly use SS 316L and mostly used wire size is 24g. I personally use between 18g and 24g. I learned how to make coils on YouTube. I make aliens and staggered fused claptons the most for my friends but I usually run single strand coils of 18g-22g but I’m also putting these dual coils in either my 41mm Voltrove RDA or my 40mm Mason RDA and running it on my lipo kit mod (attached is a pic of my mod with the Voltrove). If I’m running the Voltrove or mason on my lipo I have to build higher so I use 20g-22g Kanthal so I have a higher resistance and I’m running between .3-.5 and vaping anywhere between 9V and 12V. If I’m running SS duals I’ll put it in a series deck like the 30mm Modfather RTA or the 30mm Modfather RDA so I’m able to have a higher resistance.

Hope this little bit of info helps you out.

Here is the RTA sitting on the lipo mod kit I built.

c6e48331c18c3cc73b4b071a37b0edc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.

The cotton i had intended to buy have only been soaked in hydrogen peroxide and it's dirt cheap, i feel that the "vape cotton" seem overpriced, but idk.

I was thinking starting out with some premade coils because from what i can read people don't change their coils as often as they do their cotton so i could last for a long time with a pack of 10 316l clapton.

Btw that is one awesome mod and tank, i don't have to experience or money to expend on that kind at the moment.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Geek vape ammit 25 gear best has them for 19.99 vape crawler got them for 28ish us vendors

I vape at 55 65 watts but 40 45s not bad either I got awful taste platelets so higher the better for me you could yet a 0.5 - 0.8 ohms I used a 0.8 at first at 25 40

I average 1.85 4 second draws get decent clouds and great flavor had a few people test there rda like goons vs my ammit and they said it's like a step blow their rdas

Last edited:

Grabbingforstraws

Apr 29, 2014
Denmark
Geek vape ammit 25 gear best has them for 19.99 vape crawler got them for 28ish us vendors

I vape at 55 65 watts but 40 45s not bad either I got awful taste platelets so higher the better for me you could yet a 0.5 - 0.8 ohms I used a 0.8 at first at 25 40
Alright, i was thinking of going for the OBS, from the recommendation from Letitia and from what i read, + tank size and top fill.

I don't know much about clapton but i had in mind ordering: $2.24 Authentic Coil Buster 316L Stainless Steel Fused Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires (10-Pack) - 28*2/30*2 AWG / 0.32mm*2/0.25mm*2 dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Hopefully with some cotton i should be set for a long time.

thanks for your input.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado

Nano has that leak free but with my ammit worst I get is under the 510 usually from bad wick or blowing out to much

I got all the single coils and used them for good amount

Not sure why every orders from fast tech

Call all your local shops ask what premade coils they got

I got 2 0.4 ohm fused clapton cotton bacon v2 for 11.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread