New NOOB LF help with 1 question only ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
i wana know if they are safe or not?

That depends on your definition of safe.

The very short answer is no.

vaping is regarded as safer than smoking, but there have been no long term studies of vaping, though some people have had adverse reactions to vaping.

Are you going to drop dead from hitting a vaporizer, highly unlikely, may you develop problems over time, possibly though not likely.

Is vaping as safe as not vaping, no, you re still putting unnecessary chemicals into your body.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
We forum members do often seem to be exceptionally helpful and friendly to new users who are trying to supplement their smoking habit by using e-cigs, and we can seem very hard on non-smokers interested in vaping. I feel like an overbearing troll when I try to tell non-smokers to not vape. There is a reason, we as smokers and former smokers are looking for a safer healthier lifestyle, that is not saying that vaping is safe or healthy it is only better than smoking. We all started smoking for various reasons and regret it, and do our best to prevent other people from picking up an habit that may be unhealthy.

Most of us would prefer not vaping but it is the crutch that keeps us from going back to cigarettes. We support each other and anyone trying to get away from smoke, we do not in general encourage anyone to vape who is not in need of a smoking supplication.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
u guys made me afraid of vaping that i started to think that it will kill me o_O;

It very well could. We all worry about the effects of it. That's why we try to stop people from doing it UNLESS you are ALREADY a smoker. We don't know what health risks there are because it hasn't been around for very long.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Preliminary studies make us reasonably sure that it's a LOT safer than smoking. So, if the alternative is smoking, knock yourself out.

If you still have the alternative of "not smoking/not vaping either," that seems smarter.

I didn't really have that alternative. I tried and failed to quit smoking many times. Vaping, which got me off the cigs, seems a LOT better than continuing. But not as good as not having started.

Ande

zachman894

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Honolulu Hawaii
im sure its better than smoking, im not sure if nicotine is even the worst chemical in the vapor (probably is), but its not a toy really as gimmicky as it may seem if i did not smoke i dont think i would want to ever even vape. but you do what you want to but do take in some of the advice given here.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
We forum members do often seem to be exceptionally helpful and friendly to new users who are trying to supplement their smoking habit by using e-cigs, and we can seem very hard on non-smokers interested in vaping. I feel like an overbearing troll when I try to tell non-smokers to not vape. There is a reason, we as smokers and former smokers are looking for a safer healthier lifestyle, that is not saying that vaping is safe or healthy it is only better than smoking. We all started smoking for various reasons and regret it, and do our best to prevent other people from picking up an habit that may be unhealthy.

Most of us would prefer not vaping but it is the crutch that keeps us from going back to cigarettes. We support each other and anyone trying to get away from smoke, we do not in general encourage anyone to vape who is not in need of a smoking supplication.

I agree with you 1,000% on this CBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread