Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
HeruRaHa
These will be compatible with the regular eGo-T batteries, right?

Right.

No need to invest in a whole new kit, I can just grab the new atomizers and throw them onto my existing stuff?

Right - just grab the atty body and the 'head/module' - or a 5 pack of the modules. The T's A tanks fit the eGo-c.

On further inspection, it actually looks like it might be worth ordering a starter kit @$69.99, if I can just manage to justify the funds before the sale is over.... if it's $30 for the 5 heads, and $15 for the cone, that means for another $25 you get a second cone, two batteries, 5 empty tanks, and an extra charger... not a bad deal at all. (Edit: Plus 20ml of mystery juice!)

I can't stop looking at this thing. Now I just need to convince the wife I need to spend another $70+ on vaping gear this month....

"I thought you said this was going to save money over smoking?" :laugh:

Last edited:
HeruRaHa
These will be compatible with the regular eGo-T batteries, right?

Right.

No need to invest in a whole new kit, I can just grab the new atomizers and throw them onto my existing stuff?

Right - just grab the atty body and the 'head/module' - or a 5 pack of the modules. The T's A tanks fit the eGo-c.

Okay, next question... from watching a couple of videos, it looks like the atty "head/module" is more of a closed system than the eGo-T's... is it as easy to pop out the needle plate for wick adjustment/replacement, dry-burns and cleaning? Or are these heads designed to be more disposable? (If so, great repeat business model for them, but I'm not sure I want to commit to buying tons of these atty heads...)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Okay, next question... from watching a couple of videos, it looks like the atty "head/module" is more of a closed system than the eGo-T's... is it as easy to pop out the needle plate for wick adjustment/replacement, dry-burns and cleaning? Or are these heads designed to be more disposable? (If so, great repeat business model for them, but I'm not sure I want to commit to buying tons of these atty heads...)

The spike, wicking, coil, connections are in that one module that you see in the videos - the atty body is hollow with a 'docking space' for the head' - the wicking is easily accessible and adjustable, but the coil not so much as with the T's.[edit - see my reply to ournature below - coil is accessible] I personally don't dry burn the T attys - lost three that way, but dropping the module in 151 works for cleaning... haven't had to adjust the wick so far.

I wouldn't say the heads are designed for disposable - just for easy replacement and instead of buying the $10-15 atty, you can buy just the head $4-5 and you're back in business. I don't know the exact economics on it but I'm thinking that the work and materials saved by not having to make, say five full attys vs. the replaceable aspect of five modules and one atty body is a win-win. The true advantage will be if they design modules for the B types and then have a variety of ohms available in each type. If they paired that setup with the new 3.2/3.7/4.2v vv eGo batt - it would be a pretty good setup, imo. You could vape from 4.2 to 11.76 Watts on the same eGo by just changing Volts and modules.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey Kent are you sure the spike plate is not removable from the head?
I thought it was..

Well, I had tried it on one and the top of the plate began to bend a bit so I quit. Because you mentioned it, I tried it on the other and taking it easy, and prying from both sides, I used a dental pick and it did come out and the coil is fully accessible. Thanks... I'll try that on the other later....

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Well, I had tried it on one and the top of the plate began to bend a bit so I quit. Because you mentioned it, I tried it on the other and taking it easy, and prying from both sides, I used a dental pick and it did come out and the coil is fully accessible. Thanks... I'll try that on the other later....
Let me see if I understand the Ego-c. I have a few E-goT tanks laying around and quit using the E-goT tanks because the price of the contained atty in a cone was to expensive to replace. So my question is can I use these tanks on the new ego-c? It looks like the system will be cheaper because the attys will be replaceable for around $6 instead of the 12 to 18 dollars for the Ego-t setup, is this correct??

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Let me see if I understand the Ego-c. I have a few E-goT tanks laying around and quit using the E-goT tanks because the price of the contained atty in a cone was to expensive to replace. So my question is can I use these tanks on the new ego-c? It looks like the system will be cheaper because the attys will be replaceable for around $6 instead of the 12 to 18 dollars for the Ego-t setup, is this correct??

Joe.... you'll need the atty body that accepts the module and then after that just the modules for replacement without having to buy a 'full atty'. My guess is that in bulk, the modules will be under $5, but that's a guess. The T' A type tanks fit the C, and I'll assume the B tanks will also be compatible. Of course all fit the eGo battery...

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY

sounds great, thanks Kent!

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Joe.... you'll need the atty body that accepts the module and then after that just the modules for replacement without having to buy a 'full atty'. My guess is that in bulk, the modules will be under $5, but that's a guess. The T' A type tanks fit the C, and I'll assume the B tanks will also be compatible. Of course all fit the eGo battery...
THANKS for the information, I may have to give them a try when I can buy just the atty body and modules separately, Maybe you all ready can? If so from who? It does sound like it would save money over time compared to the old type ego-t's.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
This may have been mentioned elsewhere... however...

This looks like a 510t atomizer package which has been modularized for a new cone design. Considering I like the 510t best of the Ts I'm very very jazzed about this and will prolly order soon.

Hey cozz - it's very likely that the modules used in the eGo-A types could fit the 510t.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Hey Kent,
i see on the PBusardo video review that the C atty ceramic cup isn't surrounded by the metal mesh.
Can you confirm that?
Wondering if there's any metal mesh under the cup...
wondering if the missing mesh in C's makes the flavour rendering and wicking different from T's.
In a better way i hope..
63607d1321581672-pbusardo-review-ego-c-ovale-capture-8.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey Kent,
i see on the PBusardo video review that the C atty ceramic cup isn't surrounded by the metal mesh.
Can you confirm that?
Wondering if there's any metal mesh under the cup...
wondering if the missing mesh in C's makes the flavour rendering and wicking different from T's.
In a better way i hope..
63607d1321581672-pbusardo-review-ego-c-ovale-capture-8.jpg

Mine looks just like that. I haven't removed the cup but don't know why there would be any mesh there. Also not sure on the flavor other than the ejuice isn't getting burnt. There's a slight difference in ohms vs. the T's and that may be it. Or.... the spike isn't transferring the heat as much- perhaps a new material for the spike and spike plate???

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Mine looks just like that. I haven't removed the cup but don't know why there would be any mesh there. Also not sure on the flavor other than the ejuice isn't getting burnt. There's a slight difference in ohms vs. the T's and that may be it. Or.... the spike isn't transferring the heat as much- perhaps a new material for the spike and spike plate???

I believe the mesh surrounding the white ceramic cup in T's (and in any other traditional atty) is there to hold excess juice and to avoid chances for the coil to run dry, but the mesh might have a bad point too... old juice and impurities will stay there after few tanks contaminating the taste a bit?
The C atomizer design would look more like the A2-T atty, the wick inside the spike feed directly the coil without any additional juice feeding from the mesh...
People say the A2-t gives a slightly better flavor than the original T atty and the main difference between the two is the mesh presence.
But i'm still not sure if there's some mesh 'under' the white coil-cup of C's...

concerning the ohm value i see your atty is 2.4, PBusardo one is 2.2.
Do you have another spare head you can measure Kent?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I believe the mesh surrounding the white ceramic cup in T's (and in any other traditional atty) is there to hold excess juice and to avoid chances for the coil to run dry, but the mesh might have a bad point too... old juice and impurities will stay there after few tanks contaminating the taste a bit?
The C atomizer design would look more like the A2-T atty, the wick inside the spike feed directly the coil without any additional juice feeding from the mesh...
People say the A2-t gives a slightly better flavor than the original T atty and the main difference between the two is the mesh presence.
But i'm still not sure if there's some mesh 'under' the white coil-cup of C's...

concerning the ohm value i see your atty is 2.4, PBusardo one is 2.2.
Do you have another spare head you can measure Kent?

Both of mine metered out at 2.4ohm. I'm just not sure on the taste thing. For me, the tanks were the best thing next to dripping but after I added a part of flavor to my regular DIY formula - even before that it wasn't bad. There is still a bit of metal mesh as the small 'cap' that holds the wicking. I understand how mesh can hold prior flavors but I think one of the pluses for dripping is the mesh :) I've never had any good experience with removing the bridge but I know people that swear by it.

sammy43

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Ok...I just ordered the eGo C from Ovale USA. Man I gotta stop drinking and vape shopping! :toast:

I think this will be a great PV. The price is about $30 more than I paid for my standard eGo kit but only about $15-18 more than the eGo T kit I was looking at. The idea of eliminating or at least drastically reducing the burned flavor is intriguing! I will post back when I get the kit and provide some feedback.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I found nothing on the Ovale site about buying replacement tanks, and I was thinking it's possible that it uses standard Type A tanks as already sold now by multiple vendors. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance. If they're not, it might be an interesting problem after breaking or wearing out that last tank that comes with the kit.

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Tom10, the Ego-C uses the standard A tanks. I haven't noticed any difference in the caps either. I'm still using the hard caps that come on the tanks, and haven't tried a softer silicone cap yet. I'm probably 20 tank refills in on the same Atty. No burnt taste except for the last vape or two before the Battery dies. No leakage whatsoever. Just fill and vape away.. Lovin Life again!

On a side note: Noticed TW is already putting up some general info on the new Ego-C system on their site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread