New Product Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

taterbugg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2011
Lansing, MI
Wowsers, studying all those specs makes my brain feel like it's treading water :blink: so a question that hopefully can bring a simple answer: Other than the obvious, that the WP 6 can charge 6 batts, are there any significant differences between the WP 6 and WP 2 that would make one 'better' than the other?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Wowsers, studying all those specs makes my brain feel like it's treading water :blink: so a question that hopefully can bring a simple answer: Other than the obvious, that the WP 6 can charge 6 batts, are there any significant differences between the WP 6 and WP 2 that would make one 'better' than the other?

I'll leave that to the experts, my head was spinning as well, but I believe they are basically the same, one just holds 6.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
More new stuff today 04/20/2012

Lanyards, cases, drip tips and lots of choices for the XL3!! Plus the new heads for them.

First up:

XL3 tubes
Black RUBBERIZED, both full size and mini, can be ordered seperately or as a full unit or mini unit.

XL3 Tube with Design is back. Some have asked me for the design which was originally on the XL3, I now have more stock.

XL3 Head switches. Improve solder points and higher center post to fire (almost) anything.

Now the Mini and Full have options, you can mix and match no need to buy a full new XL3 if you want to make it a mini, or use a rubberized tube.

Passthroughs:

Both are capable of 4.7 on the green setting! As long as you have a fairly standard USB port this will fire green, wallwarts are automatic, they will always allow green, most computers will also.

USB Variable Voltage Passthrough - Black - Back in stock and upgraded

USB Variable Voltage Passthrough - Silver

Large Lanyard:

This will fit a BOLT, a LavaTube or any large mod you have easily.

Extra Large Case

This thing is a monster in terms of ecig cases, easily hods a bolt, a Lava or even 4 Go-go batts and still has tons of roonm to spare. This is a vacation case for sure.

New eGo/510 USB UltraMega Charger - 500mAh

I am pretty sure this is the largest mAh we can get!
(note, not for the cheapo 510 batteries, used for batteries over 650mAh)

Drip tips.. lots of drip tip options:

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_510_Gold_metal__97474_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_510_Green__06025_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_510_YPurple__26351_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_510_White__89745_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_510_Yellow__36452_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_Patterned_Blue__55208_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_Patterned_Red__21815_thumb.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Drip_Tip_Patterned_Yellow__45295_thumb.jpg

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
It's one wick through the center and the braid is somewhat undone to gather more liquid. it'sa lodda wick!

So far it rocks, I am almost empty on this one I have and not one hint of a burn.
The guy I asked to make the wicks longer thought I was crazy for asking.. haha yes, crazy like a fox :)

Got my order of these in today. Thanks for the insanely fast shipping!

First impression, first tank is yep, they rock.

I was very skeptical that the longer wicks would work any better than the originals provided one would tilt from time to time which has become second nature for me. I had rewicked a couple with 2mm thick, long wicks, and if anything, they tended to have more problems wicking rather than less when compared to the little stubby wicks. But this new version wicks and vapes very very nice.

There is actually FOUR separate, very small diameter long braids that extend down from the cup on each side. No break in period at all, and I'm chain vaping 100%VG juice @3.8v without the slightest hint of burnt taste.

Oh, and the base is back to the original machining so the tank is not pressed on as tight as some later versions. There is no micro-fracture cracking at the base on any of the 4 I bought. So unless one is into tank cracking juices, the tanks should last a long long time.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
The batch that vendors got in after the Chinese new year used a slightly larger tank seat. The tank on these were very tight and many had at least small cracks at the base out of the package which tended to grow with time.

The ones Eric has in have the same metal base as the ones I bought back in January. All 5 of those tanks are still good. The next 5 I bought in late February had the wider base, and all of those have since bitten the dust.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I am receiving a EVO and a Xtar WP2 II Charger for the 1634/16650 batteries included in the kit, my ? is Will I have to charge them before using them.

Usually batteries come charged 80%, so you can try it out, but personally I always charge them first.
Not sure what the actual best practice is though.

meecuk

Apr 13, 2012
elsewhere
Looking at the voltage and amperage of the New eGo/510 USB UltraMega Charger - 500mAh
("I am pretty sure this is the largest mAh we can get!") makes me ask the following:

If I had an XL3 with a 3.7v UltraFire 4000mAh Protected 18650 Battery in it, could I
hook it up to this USB charger to charge it in the tube, assuming I unplugged it when full?
Even if it wasn't an optimum charge like you would get from a high-end charger?

I need a portable USB solution, and this might help.

What I really want is the piece for the bottom of the XL3 that screws on and plugs in a
USB cable like an "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough, but I can't seem to find it on the site
(hint, hint, hint :).

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
What I really want is the piece for the bottom of the XL3 that screws on and plugs in a
USB cable like an "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough, but I can't seem to find it on the site
(hint, hint, hint :).

You can't have this without special electronics in the bottom due to pos/neg and different batteries and it would make it a lot longer. I do not believe we will see this kind of thing anytime soon, way too much can go wrong with it.

meecuk

Apr 13, 2012
elsewhere
You can't have this without special electronics in the bottom due to pos/neg and different batteries and it would make it a lot longer. I do not believe we will see this kind of thing anytime soon, way too much can go wrong with it.

They're doing it on a mass scale for the VV 900mAh passthrough batteries with no increase in length, and there's a tube mod in Germany that has exactly what I'm talking about as an option. If you look at the videos (by SteelJan and others)of taking apart one of the Vision VV Lux 850 Boxes with the slider that you carried (still carry?), you'll see that the little PC card for the charging circuit is tiny. Maybe at least ask your supplier and see what they think - I'm sure it would sell.

Could you answer my question about the USB charging an XL3?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
They're doing it on a mass scale for the VV 900mAh passthrough batteries with no increase in length, and there's a tube mod in Germany that has exactly what I'm talking about as an option. If you look at the videos (by SteelJan and others)of taking apart one of the Vision VV Lux 850 Boxes with the slider that you carried (still carry?), you'll see that the little PC card for the charging circuit is tiny. Maybe at least ask your supplier and see what they think - I'm sure it would sell.

Could you answer my question about the USB charging an XL3?

The VV 900mAh passthrough batteries have the wiring snaking up to the top of the unit on the side on the encased (non removable) battery to the circuitry on the connector.

It is not in the bottom.

The USB female connector is wired to the same spots as the eGo/510 connector on the top so one set of circuits takes care of the charging, you cannot do this with a tube mod that has both top and bottom removable.

What I am saying is that having two distinct sets of circuitry doubles the potential for error and having a second set of circuitry that is removable from the actual device is not something I think is either a good idea or one the Chinese would see as one either.

I do not doubt it would sell to you, but a 18650 isn't a small device, I am not sure it would translate well to a mass appeal as a pass through, as an option for charging sure, but a sales feature? In my opinion right this moment, I'd have to say no. I'll certainly ask about it though :)

>>Could you answer my question about the USB charging an XL3?
Sorry missed it, as GoodDog said, it can be done, I do not recommend it. It's an opinion only.
The reason is simple, you can put any battery or (gasp.. two) into any 18650 battery. The circuitry is designed for their factory batteries only, these guys do not test for IMR, IC, BRC and all the other combinations of batteries you would be able to slip into the item, so for this reason, I do not recommend it.

Eric,

In the description for the SmokTech eGo "On the Go" 900mAh Passthrough 3.7v it says:

"To change between the voltages you just press for 5 Quick clicks and you have."

Is this a variable voltage battery passthrough battery?
If so, is it the KSD / Green Sound one?

I got all the VV 900's from SmokTech, I am not sure if they would resell, it's possible but doubtful.
So I'd have to say it's just SmokTech.

I think I had purchased some a long while back from Greensound but cannot be certain.

Last edited:

meecuk

Apr 13, 2012
elsewhere
Thanks for your detailed reply.

The VV 900mAh passthrough batteries have the wiring snaking up to the top of the unit on the side on the encased (non removable) battery to the circuitry on the connector.

It is not in the bottom.

The USB female connector is wired to the same spots as the eGo/510 connector on the top so one set of circuits takes care of the charging, you cannot do this with a tube mod that has both top and bottom removable.

... I'll certainly ask about it though :)

I had forgotten that the XL3 bottoms are removable. Still one question you might ask them is:
can they make a top piece that is not too much longer (say 10 mm.) that will take a
miniUSB for passthrough and charging?

You and other vendors like you have done a fabulous job driving the innovation forward,
and it's sometimes hard to know what will catch on. I'd buy one :)

I got all the VV 900's from SmokTech, I am not sure if they would resell, it's possible but doubtful.
So I'd have to say it's just SmokTech.

I think I had purchased some a long while back from Greensound but cannot be certain.

If it's the smoketech, maybe edit the web page to remove the reference to the variable voltage;
it's confusing.

BTW, did you drop the Vision VV box with slider that you had?
http://www.discountvapers.com/vision-numb-variable-volt/
It's looked like a nice option for a pocket - I hate it when the
clearomizer tops snap off in my pocket :-(

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
If it's the smoketech, maybe edit the web page to remove the reference to the variable voltage;
it's confusing.

I don't follow? Why would I do that and what is confusing (you linked to a subforum so not sure what you were referencing)

BTW, did you drop the Vision VV box with slider that you had?
http://www.discountvapers.com/vision-numb-variable-volt/
It's looked like a nice option for a pocket - I hate it when the
clearomizer tops snap off in my pocket :-(

Yes, it's not a good item, failure rate is high, they are no longer for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread