New proposed FDA and UL guidelines for e-cigarette manufacturers that will affect YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowlerkenRog

Moved On
Nov 30, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Spam

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Here are the top 25 audit associate profiles at pwc on linkedin. Your work making an essay personal can help you write it, and make it more fun to read. Speech Or Debate Clause – Superb Dissertation Website Writing a good law school application essay requires a lot of practice, something that you do not really have the time for when you have to deliver.
See more of essay on the importance of english language, critique essay format and free english essays for children after just. succ s extraordinaire et a donn naissance d s le XIIe si cle l'un des. Advertising Sales Resume Examples – Superb Thesis Website The water essay that you will produce can be the general essay or the executive resume writers Search resumes on. Resume sample of a fastfoodmanager with a successful 15year background in multisite management. Find edgar allan poe thesis statement for free without registration.
Process Discounts FAQ Why Us Testimonials Blog If you're in the market. The goals identified in your objective (the type of industry or position you are. Or he will react to your question by saying something like, Now that you. what to write in a paragraph about yourself
Many papers are cited in the literature because they have a good cartoon that subsequent authors would like to use or modify. We get motivated towards the education from our childhood by our parents and from teachers when we start going to Speech on Importance of Education. Contact 27 Clarendon Villas, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 3RE. Book Report Helper | Superb Essay Website
For example, web programming and software engineering are generic skills. for motivating all students, from the gifted to the barely adequate, to do their best. consuming to write a custom cover letter for each job you apply for, but it's. Lack Of Speech Medical Term – College Papers Writing Development of motive skills of students while making underarm pass.
Yfvz.gif

Dude, why are you posting the above on every thread?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If they really crack down we may live to see vapers heating juice in a spoon with a BIC lighter! We'll become vape junkies ...

At least we won't die from the product that the government gleans 10 billion in taxes from yearly. Go figure. It's not healthy ex-smokers they want to see, it's revenue.
My projected last ditch move is hot knifing myself. I kept allll my old crud though. I got parts for the equivalent of 20-30 devices if I absolutely have to. The big irony is I was looking at :censored: devices at a cheapo know nothing smok outlet and every one of them was a 510. I don’t know if the insides a different or not, but I’m betting that could be fixed if necessary.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Maybe. Greed fires up both sides. I just got a new Cannon printer. It was DOA so I called them and they sent a replacement, which turned out to be a newer model that cost twice as much. Thought I had lucked out. But then discovered they had stuck an upgraded chip in the ink cartridge, with matching software on the computer, making it really hard to refill the cartridges. When the chip says the cartridge is empty the computer and the printer compare notes and refuse to use it.

Maybe someone will figure out a workaround. There are after market gadgets available for some cartridges that can reset the chip. But manufactures have ways of fighting back, and it's likely to become harder to refill closed vaping systems.

I buy EZ-ink from Amazon for my Canon inkjet. It's been great quality and in a couple of years I've had absolutely no nozzle clogs at all. Recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ez-ink&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

• Informative
Reactions: rosesense

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hmm, my stock pile of over a dozen Eleaf Picos (all different) may NOT be as overkill as I thought then... Well, until I factor in all of the other non-Pico mods in my stash... Yeah, I should be good for a few more decades. :lol:

I have old and new iSticks. I've purchased several more as I found them on sale. Pico is usually what I carry because it fits in a pocket and gives me 8 or 10 hours vaping at 10W +/-. I can carry a screwdriver and a bottle of juice, along with a spare battery, and be golden for an extended period. If I run out of battery power, there's always USB in the pickup.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Pico is usually what I carry...I can carry a screwdriver and a bottle of juice, along with a spare battery

Hi Dave...Pico + Screwdriver + Juice Bottle + Battery...

Have you ever considered just carrying with you 2 (or 3) Justfog Minifits...easier, lighter and much more convenient...and you won't even notice them in your shirt pocket...:thumbs:

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
In other words, the only e-cigarettes that will be acceptable by UL and the FDA would be regulated battery devices with a battery management system that also uses a non-removeable internal LiPo battery...
Aren't those the type of devices that usually malfunction more often and have a more incendiary result??

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Aren't those the type of devices that usually malfunction more often and have a more incendiary result??

The Difference is the UL/FDA version will Not have an Atomizer where the User can Unintentionally (or Intentionally) exceed the Battery's CDR via a Too Low of a Resistance.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In some people's minds, yes.

However, I believe from the FDA's and UL's perspective they would like to eliminate any possibility for human error that could result in harm to the user.

That's the reason for non-removeable batteries in vape battery devices. The reason to not be able to add one's own e-liquid in juice attachments (closed systems). Inability to change coils in juice attachments (totally disposable juice attachments). Banning the sale of mechanical mods period. It's the will of the nanny state.

Last edited:

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
In some people's minds, yes.

However, I believe from the FDA's and UL's perspective they would like to eliminate any possibility for human error.

That's the reason for unremoveable batteries in vape battery devices. The reason to not be able to add one's own e-liquid in juice attachments (closed systems). Inability to change coils in juice attachments (totally disposable juice attachments). It's the will of the nanny state.
Ugh, OK, I see what you're sayin'.. Ya know.. It's not just vaping. Organizations like those are basically trying to protect people against their own stupidity.

You ever see the cars that anticipate a collision and break for the driver? I mean, what the ...... If a person is inside a 2000 lb. piece of metal, plastic, and glass, shouldn't their first concern be what's in the path of the ....in' thing?

I'm sorry, but I get ......!

Well, as depressing as all this FDA idiocy is, at least this thread very effectively killed my guilt on going on a little vape shopping spree.
(I managed to break my Coolfire IV T100 after less than a week of use. i'm not even going to confess how. That will go to my grave with me.)
So after discovering that--hey! better gear is more effective at helping me stop smoking! Who'da thought?!--I decided I had to have the Falcon King Tank, because i have discovered i am really into FLAVOR. (I didn't realize I couldn't really taste my juice using the EGO AIO. I just thought I could, until I had my short run with the Coolfire.)
Anyway, I very moderately noted on /reddit that people were saying, in a response to a compatability question, that that tank would work on anything w/ 2 18650s, and suggesting everything from the Vaporesso Gen to, at the cheap end, the Nova. Which I prudently bought because eightvapes was selling it for something silly like $21, complete with the Cerberus tank, which will come in handy when I start breaking tanks. (I have vape bands, but I will figure out a way to break them anyway.) And some batteries, and a battery-carrying container, and coils, and a cheap little carry container for everything. (I forgot a charger. Have to pick one of those up.)
Then I decided I needed something waterproof , because the untimely death of the Coolfire was, uh, water-related <wince>. And small, because the RSIs have left me with weak hands. So I got an Aegis Mini 80W. (For some weird reason, I chose the camo/gunmetal colors. I guess because all this talk of stockpiling made me realize I am now a survivalist stocking up in fear of the Feds. That is weird, but I guess those of my circle of friends who work on their bug-out bags in their leisure time, were right. My apologies to survivalists everywhere for thinking they may have been overestimating the dangers of tyranny by the feds. OTOH, if I need to ask for my gun to be shipped up to me from Texas, things have gotten more than weird.-- Just kidding. I left it there with its maker, although she is beautiful (the gun, not the gunmaker; he is at best distinguished-looking) because the neuropathy means I can now handle a .45 considerably less well than a heavy mod. Not safe.)
Then I pulled the trigger on the tank -- and if anyone says, "Nah, you screwed up, you should have gone for the Freemax Mesh Pro"--I just bought the Falcon today. Please don't pee on my parade. After all, I am still newb enough to think the Falcon is tank heaven if NOBODY TELLS ME IT'S NOT. Thank you in advance for none of y'all kind folk pissing in my newb, fixed-disability-income Wheaties. (Or, more politely, I am still smoking the odd cigarette, because having a minor nervous breakdown about my screwed-up-by-the-Feds disability re-qualification--I'm really beginning to dislike those people--plus my mom's cancer plus my suspicious mammogram.. And yet, I am smoking so much less. I may live decades longer. Ahem. So, please, do not urinate in my non-carcinogenic breakfast cereal. Thank you.) Besides, the Freemax cover supposedly slides open in one's pocket and leaks. And the day will inevitably come when I have to hastily shove mod and tank into a backpack or something, because my mother is still sending me dumb-... studies about the "potential health hazards of vaping." (I will pay attention and read it if i see a headline that says, "Major study finds vaping to be as dangerous as smoking cigarettes," but in the meantime I'm taking advantage of her absence to vape. I'm not sure if she's jealous i don't have COPD or what, but my lungs are glad she's gone for a month, so I can try to get completely off these foul carcinogenic smoke-inhalation-on-purpose vape-a-likes.)

Oh, yeah, and then there was a juice sale, and then I realized i wanted to taste-test Broke Dick's key lime pie juice against Army Man, and to get free shipping you have to buy two bottles, and the apple pie is supposed to be the bomb.... (Yes I know that stuff is probably all diketone-y, but compared to cigarettes, I am being a little self-indulgent about my theoretical carcinogens. Especially after reading that FDA-approved NRTs are at least as carcinogenic as gas-station juice. Minor detail.

Anyway, I was feeling a little spendthrift until I realized, thanks to this thread, that i'd better buy gear now, before the FDA in its infinite concern for our health, makes our chosen NRTs as unappealing as those nicotine inhalers you can buy at the drugstore, but which i have never in my life seen anyone actually using. Because they're right--make something unappealing and unsatisfying and un-fun as possible, and kids won't buy them, or anyone else. So they can leave those on the shelves, and the kids who are starting to smoke can die of smoking, too. It's a historical tradition in America, after all.

Effing ducktards.

But at least i can call the last days' indulgences "stockpiling" instead of "shinyitis." Now to work on a freezer for the nic. Survivalists, lend me your generators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread