new protank 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinolofus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2008
chicago
just got my protank in the mail and so far so bad. its draw is so tight its like trying to suck a frozen milkshake through a straw and to make matters worse it leaked like a siv 2 times. first time i barley had any liquid in cuz i was just testing the tank and a new flavor. thought maybe it was flooded so i blew into it a few times into a paper towel. well every drop of liquid emptied out of the tank. put more in the next time, still same tight draw. blew again and it drained the entire tank plus i noticed a ton of liquid on the top of my vamo. any suggestions as to whats wrong?

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
You're screwing it down too tight, cutting off the airflow and turning it into a juice-straw.

When you tighten the PT2 too much it compresses the positive pin at the bottom which sqooshes out blocking the airflow - you should be able to draw easily though it (the PT2 draw is quite loose).

Getting a Kanger Airflow Controller would help.

chinolofus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2008
chicago
You're screwing it down too tight, cutting off the airflow and turning it into a juice-straw.

When you tighten the PT2 too much it compresses the positive pin at the bottom which sqooshes out blocking the airflow - you should be able to draw easily though it (the PT2 draw is quite loose).

thanks i will give it a try.

mr.motivapr

Jan 13, 2014
UK
Sorry to tell you but the Protank is one of the most overrated tanks in the vaping world.

I bought 2 of the Protank 3's and had no end of problems.

Constantly gurgling / leaking, muted flavour etc.

Apparently if you pull it apart and rebuild the coil yourself its better but the whole point for me was wanting something that worked out of the box.

If I wanted to get into rebuildables I will buy a proper RBA!

I have since purchased the Innokin Iclear 30 and for me its leagues above anything in the Protank range.

It works out of the box, tons of flavour / vapour, never dry hits, never leaks, great draw and been using the same coil for 3 weeks without a problem.

I will never go back to a Protank!

chinolofus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2008
chicago
i heard the protank 3's were junk. i have a protank 2 clone and it works real good. didnt realize it was a clone until after i received it. damn fine print on ebay. oh well it was cheap so no biggie. havent gotten around to retrying my real protank again yet though.

i have an iclear 30b, i like it alot. i hear they are prone to leaking though, yet i havent had any problems with it. it came with my cool fire 1 so if it turns to crap than no loss. so far i think my fave tanks are my ismoka bcc. i have the mini and mega. they work great. got a hypertank too which im really liking...its huge though.

chinolofus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2008
chicago

well this didnt help at all. unless i unscrew it so much that its wobbly. not sure what else to try. i dont really feel like buying a controller but i might just have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread