New Provari in the works???

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
Hello all,

I'm new to vv vaping. For the past year I've been content with my bloog krd808-1 and Janty Jets, and never thought I would like holding a big bod in my hand.

Due to the price of a lava tube, I got one for christmas, and I love it.

BUT, it's cheap. My plastic endcap has already broken off, and I'm scared half to death every time I drop it. Also, I heard that LT is droping voltage under load as the battery drains, and this never happens with Provari.

So I'm thinking I might want to pony up and get a provari seeing how much I love vv vapping.

BUT.. from what I can tell, provari only has one button and is hard to navigate. LT seems easier with a fire button, up/down buttons, and a power button.

So my question is, does anyone know if provape is going to make a newer version any time soon of the provari? same reliable USA construction, but with additional buttons for ease of use?

If they have anything like that up their sleeve I'm sold. Though I'm sure I have to start saving now for a few months if I want one. :p

And if this is not in the works.. can someone who has a working relationship with provape, suggest it to them?

Would anyone else be interested in a product like this? Basicly Provari you all know and love, with a few add buttons for ease of use?

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
I haven't heard anything about an update for the Provari, as it's only been out for a little over a year. I can tell you that I have have had a provari and the menu clicking is not as annoying as everyone thinks. More buttons mean more things can go wrong, so I seriously doubt that provape is going to change to anything like that.

I would say pick up a provari and try the menu. If you play with it for a little bit and you don't like it, you might be out some shipping costs, but they hold their value and you would have no problem selling it for about what you paid for it in the classifieds.

On another note I did hear something about the L-Tube getting some updated aluminum end caps....but it might be quite a wait.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I do see them coming out with an updated model, but as for a release date, that is unconfirmed information at this time as far as I know. They are a highly successful company and to keep pace in this now flourishing market, they will have to put out a newer model at some point in time (likely sooner than later).

rephlex

Oct 23, 2011
Maine
I was skeptical about the 1-button system on the ProVari for two reasons - All that clicking, and the wear and tear of the button. The menu is really not that bad to navigate. The button uses some form of heavy duty clicking mechanism. I vape this thing pretty hard and my only complaint is that the button has become a bit loose after being broken in. It jiggles when you shake it. This does not affect the performance. I agree with Dan Patrick - The more buttons a device has - the more things that can go wrong with it.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Updated or not for me it would provide spot on voltage regulation and it just works....for that I'll learn the navigation system and be ok with it BUT I get what ya say pops. I'm the guy who questions the people who get the Big Mac without pickles and special sauce....ya want a Big Mac get a darn Big Mac!!.....pickles and special sauce included....lol I want the looks of a LT with the innards of a Provari....that would be perfect for me.

Last edited:

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The menu system seemed...I don't know..."not right" when I got my provari last week. But after two days, I was flying through it no problem.

Consider this: Once you have "your set up" I've found out quickly I'm using the menu more for curiosity sake. I check the atty to see its still firing at 3.0 or I'll check the battery. But for the most part, the juice I'm using and the arty seem best at 4.5 so I leave it there.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
My lavatube started to come apart at the top seam (end cap from tube) after just over a month. I am having it replaced...but my Provari got here yesterday and as much as I thought the menu button sucked...I already have it down.

Once you get your LT returned would you mind leaving your thoughts on the service you received from Volcano in the Lava Tube thread.....it would be greatly appreciated I think....I know I would. Hope you get alot of enjoyment out of each...Thanks:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well I'm cool for now anyway. but I'm not too optimistic about the longevity of the LT. So if a new provari comes out, I think I'll jump on board.

come on provape... I need my buttons, and I need them now! :p

When I first got into using VVPV's, I envisioned changing the Voltage constantly. Even made a Post about if the Provari’s button might wearing out.

Then I got my Provari and yes, the First 2 Weeks or so, I seemed to Check the Battery and fool with the Voltage a lot. I had similar thoughts about a Dedicated Buttons for Voltage would be nice. But the Rock Solid Feel of the Provari outweighed them.

As time went by, I settled into a Very Happy Rut. I went thru all my oddball ohm Cartos/Attys and fell into vaping 2.6~2.8 ohm CE2’s Exclusively

Now, I might bump the Voltage up/down a Couple of times a day. The need for Dedicated buttons seems to have Vanished for me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Same thing happens to you.

So don’t be too put off by the fact that the Provari Doesn’t have Dedicated Voltage Buttons.

You might find that you don’t use them as much as Time goes by.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
the top seam comming off is one of my MANY issues with it as well. it still works, but after only a month of use, I have no idea how long this thing is going to last.

I know everyone says they get used to the menu. but come on... it's been over a year now. Provape.. we want Provari 2.0!!! :D

If they announced a new one, so soon after I got this one, I think I'd cry.

It'd be like buying an iPad the day before they announce the iPad 2

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I was attracted to the simplicity of the provari. From the moment I sa the one button menu screen, I was ready to jump aboard... and I still love it because it just works. People can say what they please about the Provari, but anyone can make an argument that the Provari has a huge following, surely one that's larger than any other comparable mod, and for just cause. It is a well thought out piece of equipment and takes about an hour (tops) of fiddling with it to feel absolutely comfortable with the menu screen. A+ device for novice to expert!!!

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
Provari 2.0 might already be in the works and in testing.
I say this because the competition doesn't stand still and I
believe a company such as provape knows this.
However, even if it was ready now, what would be the gain
of releasing it? New products are introduced because either they
fill a segment that the others are not servicing or that the
competition has, or will, come out with something better.
They've already fulfilled servicing the segment others do not.
As far as competition is concerned. IMO, there isn't any.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Provari 2.0 might already be in the works and in testing.
I say this because the competition doesn't stand still and I
believe a company such as provape knows this.
However, even if it was ready now, what would be the gain
of releasing it? New products are introduced because either they
fill a segment that the others are not servicing or that the
competition has, or will, come out with something better.
They've already fulfilled servicing the segment others do not.
As far as competition is concerned. IMO, there isn't any.

Well said and jpracing speaks nothing but the truth!!

HoneyPie

Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Florida
I bought the ProVari and had absolutely no problem with the one button and menu. What sold me on the ProVari was all the safety features you don't find with other pv's and the one year warranty. It let's you know when your battery is low; accurate voltage output; standby mode to keep it from accidentally firing in your pocket/purse; and many other safety features. And it is so versatile. Win win situation for me.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
Vidi, that's what happened to me. I got a Pentium 2 (yeah, a couple years ago) computer and the very next day they were selling the newer Pentium 3's. I think the blue LED makes the Provari look like it's worth the expensive price tag (and they don't even offer it anymore). Still saving up to get a Provari though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread