Provari Button Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
I've had a ProVari for about a month now and I love it. There have been a few instances, however, when I've brought it up for a vape and got a dry hit, and discovered it's because the button wasn't fully engaged. Seems like the button can be finicky sometimes. Has anyone else experienced this with their ProVari, specifically the v2.5?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Check the hot spring in the battery endcap. If it is too compressed, the Provari won't always have the necessary electrical contact with the battery for consistant firing. You can easily pull the spring to lengthen it to relieve this issue.

Also check the threading in the battery cap. They are bare metal and succeptible to oxidation (not unlike rusting). If they are black or gritty looking, you will need some Noaloxx anti-oxidation to remove it. Such oxidation buildup can affect the electrical conduction of the battery. This is sold on the Provape site, or can be found at most hardware stores such as Home Depot or Lowes.

noalox-2T.jpg

Last edited:

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Check the hot spring in the battery endcap. If it is too compressed, the Provari won't always have the necessary electrical contact with the battery for consistant firing.

Also check the threading in the battery cap. They are bare metal and succeptible to oxidation (not unlike rusting). If they are black or gritty looking, you will need some Noaloxx anti-oxidation to remove it. Such oxidation buildup can affect the electrical conduction of the battery. This is sold on the Provape site, or can be found at most hardware stores such as Home Depot or Lowes.

Thanks...I've kept an eye on the endcap threads and they're fine. I'd hope to hell the spring is OK too, I've only had it a month. I think I just need to remember this isn't my eVic, which required a light press on its button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread