Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    To clarify, are you referring to reactions? If you look under the 3 dot menu, you'll see smilies and if you click the like button you'll see reactions. Let me know if you're experiencing an issue here and I can help out!

No I was referring to the Smiles. Mine is not under the overflow (3 dots) menu. I hope it stays that way.

ADHCQNK.png

Reactions: Delilah718

alexj-12

Administrator
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2022
    Chicago
    Also, it says I have insufficient permission to post in the review section. I'm guessing that has something to do with my supporting member status not being recognized?
    Hey there! Could you send me a link to exactly where you're trying to post? I'm looking at your permissions and not immediately seeing an issue

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    The old site had a button for watched threads and watched forums that I used to check for new postings in the selected threads and forums. I can't find that or figure out how to get to those places without searching the whole listing. Is that feature gone, or am I just missing it?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hey there! Could you send me a link to exactly where you're trying to post? I'm looking at your permissions and not immediately seeing an issue
    This is where your link takes me. I didn't see where to start a new thread so I scrolled to the bottom of the screen and it says "YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE." Also, I am still seeing several advertisements on every page.

alexj-12

Administrator
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2022
    Chicago
    The old site had a button for watched threads and watched forums that I used to check for new postings in the selected threads and forums. I can't find that or figure out how to get to those places without searching the whole listing. Is that feature gone, or am I just missing it?
    Hey, both of those options can be found under forums in the main navigation. I've included the links here as well :)
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/watched/forums

alexj-12

Administrator
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2022
    Chicago
    This is where your link takes me. I didn't see where to start a new thread so I scrolled to the bottom of the screen and it says "YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE." Also, I am still seeing several advertisements on every page.

Got it! Taking a look at this now and I'll update when we've got this fixed

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    This should be fixed as well! Let me know if you're seeing any other issues :)
    I'm still seeing ads on every page. I logged out and logged back in.

I've been a supporting member for years.

These ads are seriously obnoxious and really sloooooow things down...

...to a C R A W L.

Please advise. Ty

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Honestly, hate to say this - however really dislike this very confusing format. All the threads are now mixed together under "Threads" instead of "Watched Threads" / "Unwatched Threads" / "Threads you watch". Alerts / Inbox very confusing too.

Also - My avatar is no longer viewable, and worse is my profile page is messed up. And my signature line is gone too.

And although, I was a volunteer (Never got the email - Matter of fact, I was one of the first members to volunteer), I would have definitely mention something about these changes, and more - including being limited in how ECF is now only "Autodetect"/ "Light" / "Dark".

Oh - Need I mention all these "flashing/rotating" ADS - P IA.

BTW: While I'm not opposed to changes, especially those that improve the experience/ product . . .
    Hopefully, there will be more tweaking coming soon - if not, I'm going out on a limb here, I see another exodus coming . . .ECF is going to be loosing a lot more committed steadfast "Old Members" that are very committed in keeping ECF up and running and helping others . . . Just Sayin' . . . (Insert "rolleyes" emoji - which is no longer available either . . . And - Yes, I tried the 3 dots menu, no smilies showed up).)

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Also, I am still seeing several advertisements on every page.

Oh - Need I mention all these "flashing/rotating" ADS.
    The advertisements make ECF unusable, and ummm, rather unpleasant. As in, a complete turnoff.

Patience SMT, patience. Ummm, sure, ok...

Other than that, ECF is now looking like VU (minus a few hundred smilies)!!! ;)

alexj-12

Administrator
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2022
    Chicago

Hey there! Posting is locked in the main forum so that all posts are put in the correct section. If you choose one of the sub forums to post your review in this should be no issue!

alexj-12

Administrator
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2022
    Chicago
    I'm still seeing ads on every page. I logged out and logged back in.

I've been a supporting member for years.

These ads are seriously obnoxious and really sloooooow things down...

...to a C R A W L.

Please advise. Ty
    We've got this fixed now and ads should be removed

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The advertisements make ECF unusable, and ummm, rather unpleasant. As in, a complete turnoff.

Patience SMT, patience. Ummm, sure, ok...

Other than that, ECF is now looking like VU (minus a few hundred smilies)!!! ;)
    Geeeezz you come back now??

alexj-12

Administrator
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2022
    Chicago
    Honestly, hate to say this - however really dislike this very confusing format. All the threads are now mixed together under "Threads" instead of "Watched Threads" / "Unwatched Threads" / "Threads you watch". Alerts / Inbox very confusing too.

Also - My avatar is no longer viewable, and worse is my profile page is messed up. And my signature line is gone too.

And although, I was a volunteer (Never got the email - Matter of fact, I was one of the first members to volunteer), I would have definitely mention something about these changes, and more - including being limited in how ECF is now only "Autodetect"/ "Light" / "Dark".

Oh - Need I mention all these "flashing/rotating" ADS - P IA.

BTW: While I'm not opposed to changes, especially those that improve the experience/ product . . .
    Hopefully, there will be more tweaking coming soon - if not, I'm going out on a limb here, I see another exodus coming . . .ECF is going to be loosing a lot more committed steadfast "Old Members" that are very committed in keeping ECF up and running and helping others . . . Just Sayin' . . . (Insert "rolleyes" emoji - which is no longer available either . . . And - Yes, I tried the 3 dots menu, no smilies showed up).)
    Hey there, you can find your watched threads here https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/watched/threads
    From this page, Threads if you look in sidebar, you'll also see some filter options. From these options, you can filter watched threads, unwatched content, content that hasn't received any replies, and more.

Could you send me a screenshot of the avatar and profile issues you're seeing?

This is due to us upgrading the forum software we're using. Due to that, the themes we were using before could no longer be used and needed to be updated as well, so we created a light and dark theme, as well as a theme that will detect the theme currently being used on your device.

Let me know you know if you see anything else! We're actively monitoring this thread and will continue making updates

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread