Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Yeah... That is the partial Work-Around I am using now. But then I loose the Info on Who has Replied and when. As well as other Thread Info.

I would like them to put the Filters Options onto the Watch Threads list like it was before.

This Update is Supposed to make things Better. And Hopefully Attract More People because it is Easier to Use than what we were using before.
Once you set the filters as I described. Then to get a 'better' list of watched threads w/ more info display.

Click on Watched Threads from the drop down list when clicking the Forums drop down.
Threads.jpg

The filters you set stay in effect but you'll get a list of watched threads that looks like this, showing the thread pages, last post time, who posted it, who started it, # views. etc.
Threads2.png

Odd (to me at least) that there are two places you can click on watched threads and each give a different view.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
@classwife , @alexj-12 ,

View attachment 979901 View attachment 979902

Was wondering what the rating percentage represents and the significance of the number in the colored boxes. (green red and grey boxes at the bottom)
Is that perhaps archived data from the defunct since 2016 "Itrader" system?

Thank you
Cheers
I

Yes, the old Itrader stuff :)

green box is number of positive feedback, red negative.

surprised though that joker is still showing as admin and with a 100% positve rating. afaik he never finished that coop he took over or returned the additional monies he collected.

Yea...sigh...I will see about getting that badge removed.

Edit - and I got it done :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Font
Once you set the filters as I described. Then to get a 'better' list of watched threads w/ more info display.

Click on Watched Threads from the drop down list when clicking the Forums drop down.
View attachment 979925
The filters you set stay in effect but you'll get a list of watched threads that looks like this, showing the thread pages, last post time, who posted it, who started it, # views. etc.
View attachment 979926

Odd (to me at least) that there are two places you can click on watched threads and each give a different view.

The Goal for Me is to have the Ability to Just See Unread Threads in My Watched Threads List.

I Don't Know Any Way to do it. It seems like such a Simple Feature. Something I took for granted in the Old Version.

• Agree
Reactions: kas122461

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Font

The Goal for Me is to have the Ability to Just See Unread Threads in My Watched Threads List.

I Don't Know Any Way to do it. It seems like such a Simple Feature. Something I took for granted in the Old Version.
Then check this two boxes. Then only the unread watched threads will be shown.
Unread.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Then check this two boxes. Then only the unread watched threads will be shown.
View attachment 979939

I have. It works on the Thread List Page.

But Not on the Watched Threads Page. There isn't even an Option to Display those Filters on the Watched Threads Page,

At Least Not for Me.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I have. It works on the Thread List Page.

But Not on the Watched Threads Page. There isn't even an Option to Display those Filters on the Watched Threads Page,

At Least Not for Me.
My bad, it's been awhile since I had the unread content checked I thought it worked from both places you can click on threads.

From here both filters work and I get unread/unwatched threads only. But it's not the full display of thread information.

Does Here.png

But from here even with both filters still checked, I get all my unwatched threads, read and unread.

Not Here.png

Now I get the point you are trying to make. I was throwing you a curve ball, sorry. I wonder if 'its' working as designed or if this is a bug.

@classwife (I'd tag the other person too but forget who it is). Do you think this might be a bug? Or working as designed?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
@zoiDman
I just looked...
For me in watched threads, if there is a new post there is a red dot to the left of the thread title...is that what you are looking for ?

I'd Really Like the Ability to Not Display Read Threads. It was such a Simple things to turn the Display On/Off in the Old Version.

And Many Places here you can Filter Lists to Only Display Unread Threads. But Not in Watched Threads for Some Reason?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
My bad, it's been awhile since I had the unread content checked I thought it worked from both places you can click on threads.

From here both filters work and I get unread/unwatched threads only. But it's not the full display of thread information.

View attachment 979940

But from here even with both filters still checked, I get all my unwatched threads, read and unread.

View attachment 979941

Now I get the point you are trying to make. I was throwing you a curve ball, sorry. I wonder if 'its' working as designed or if this is a bug.

@classwife (I'd tag the other person too but forget who it is). Do you think this might be a bug? Or working as designed?

I really don't knwo this system yet - @alexj-12 will have to back read and give you the answer / help

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'd Really Like the Ability to Not Display Read Threads. It was such a Simple things to turn the Display On/Off in the Old Version.

And Many Places here you can Filter Lists to Only Display Unread Threads. But Not in Watched Threads for Some Reason?
I assume you saw my post just before yours where I have screen shots showing just what you are talking about.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

No Worries.

If I Recall Correctly, in the Last Version it Wasn't a "Canned" Feature to be able to Display/Not Display Read/Unread Threads in the Watch List.

But when the Roll Out was done and the Thread like this one got going asking people for Possible Functionality Improvements , someone said "Wouldn't it be Cool if we have the Feature to NOT Display Read Threads in our Watch List. And we All went Yeah! That would be Very Cool!

Then Someone from the Code Team said that would be Easy. But it would have to be Hand Coded. And about 20 Minutes Later, Bingo Bango, the Feature Appears.

So No. I Don't think it is a Bug. I think it is just something that Someone needs to Write. And I'm Not Sure if there is anyone left to do that or not?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I really don't knwo this system yet - @alexj-12 will have to back read and give you the answer / help

@zoiDman
I did find this...may be useful ?

"Users used to be able to show a list of only unread Watched threads.
It's been integrated as part of the new posts filter system, which can display only watched threads and threads in forums you watch"

When I go into Watched Threads, the drop down offers New Posts...select that.
On the right you now have Filters...select your choices...like Watched Content

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
@zoiDman
I did find this...may be useful ?

"Users used to be able to show a list of only unread Watched threads.
It's been integrated as part of the new posts filter system, which can display only watched threads and threads in forums you watch"

When I go into Watched Threads, the drop down offers New Posts...select that.
On the right you now have Filters...select your choices...like Watched Content

That is Exactly how I would like my Watch list to look like.

Only Unread Threads, Full Info on Who Posted Last and Thread Stats. Ordered by Date. Great!

Now if I can just Find a Way to have that and the "New Post" Feature at the Same Time, I'd be Golden,

:greengrin:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
That is Exactly how I would like my Watch list to look like.

Only Unread Threads, Full Info on Who Posted Last and Thread Stats. Ordered by Date. Great!

Now if I can just Find a Way to have that and the "New Post" Feature at the Same Time, I'd be Golden,

:greengrin:

New Posts is Latest Activity in the bar at the top of the forum - so then you have both :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
New Posts is Latest Activity in the bar at the top of the forum - so then you have both :)

OK... But Latest Activity Doesn't have an Unread Filter in the List.

I swear, it is like Trying to get 7 Cats into 6 Bags. All the while Re-Wicking a Coil!

LOL

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
OK... But Latest Activity Doesn't have an Unread Filter in the List.

I swear, it is like Trying to get 7 Cats into 6 Bags. All the while Re-Wicking a Coil!

LOL

No, it's a live feed section...every few minutes all the newest posts go in...it's continual

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Was wondering what the rating percentage represents and the significance of the number in the colored boxes. (green red and grey boxes at the bottom)
Is that perhaps archived data from the defunct since 2016 "Itrader" system?

Yes, the old Itrader stuff :)

If the current numbers displayed are static and not dynamic, perhaps a badge could be created to recognize the long standing "Itrader" reputation earned by some of our most trusted and, generally, highly revered members.

Is there a plan to update the system to include members added after the end of the "Itrader" days? (2017-present)

Thank you @classwife

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread