classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
If the current numbers displayed are static and not dynamic, perhaps a badge could be created to recognize the long standing "Itrader" reputation earned by some of our most trusted and, generally, highly revered members.

Is there a plan to update the system to include members added after the end of the "Itrader" days? (2017-present)

Thank you @classwife

Cheers
I

The "older" still have their Verified Member ribbons in their post bit. (under their avatar)
For newer prople, since there is just a sub forum for feedback posts...no - But with a user name search in that sub and see all the feedback for that person :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The "older" still have their Verified Member ribbons in their post bit. (under their avatar)
For newer prople, since there is just a sub forum for feedback posts...no - But with a user name search in that sub and see all the feedback for that person :)

Be assured, I don't seek to remove any valuable information;
However, clicking on the percentage rating (or the number in the box) results in an "Oops!" page and not corroborating "feedback".
err.JPG

Thanks again for your time.
Cheers
I

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Be assured, I don't seek to remove any valuable information;
However, clicking on the percentage rating (or the number in the box) results in an "Oops!" page and not corroborating "feedback".
View attachment 979970

Thanks again for your time.
Cheers
I

I am not even seeing any iTrader ratings any more ? :lol:
Could you show me where you see them please ?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
On the Watched Threads you have a red dot before the thread title that signifies there are unread posts in the thread.
No red dot, no new posts :)

The way it works now is OK for me. I can bring up my unwatched threads ... one's with new posts are in Bold and w/ the red dot. The others show in the list but are in regular font and no red dot. I just don't use that other link to pull up only unread/watched threads that doesn't include the extra info about the thread.

I was just pointing that out for Zoidman who was asking for a feature not currently available for seeing just unwatched threads w/ all the additional info pertaining to the thread.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am not even seeing any iTrader ratings any more ? :lol:
Could you show me where you see them please ?
I only see the information at the bottom of the avatars within "Member Classifieds and Swaps" threads.
111Capture.JPG
444Capture.JPG

When clicking on the hot linked percentage or colored box with digit; the "Oops" page appears.

Sorry to be a bother. Thank you, again.
Cheers
I

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I only see the information at the bottom of the avatars within "Member Classifieds and Swaps" threads.
View attachment 979973 View attachment 979974
When clicking on the hot linked percentage or colored box with digit; the "Oops" page appears.

Sorry to be a bother. Thank you, again.
Cheers
I

I removed j0ker's Admin ribbon yesterday.

I do not see iTrader info on the new forum stuff at all ??
This is what my post bit looks like currently - the iTrader ratings are gone

my postbit.JPG
j0ker post bit.JPG

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I removed j0ker's Admin ribbon yesterday.

I do not see iTrader info on the new forum stuff at all ??
This is what my post bit looks like currently - the iTrader ratings are gone

View attachment 979976 View attachment 979977
In general forums I also DO NOT see the information, but in "Classified and swaps" threads, the information appears. ( screen capture below : not logged in, on a different browser.)
333.JPG

Thanks @classwife

Cheers
I

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
In general forums I also DO NOT see the information, but in "Classified and swaps" threads the information appears. ( screen capture below : not logged in, on a different browser.)
View attachment 979979

Thanks @classwife

Cheers
I

Ahhhh !
There it is ! (something in the back of my brain says it was the same way before...)
But anyhoo, yes, it's no longer a function.
It was an add on for the old forum...and since it's not used anymore there is no need to have the add on :)

:)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
@alexj-12, I have a couple of blog-related questions. Tried to find the answers myself and then bugged @classwife about it (to my shame), and she quite rightly directed me here.

First, is there a way to rearrange the order of the posts within a blog? It occurred to me a little while ago that I could fiddle with the dates to get posts to appear in the order I want, but maybe there's a more straightforward method?

Second, I can't find a way to delete either a blog or posts within a blog. What am I not seeing? Or is this for some reason not supported?
I'm replying to myself to bump these questions.

Also, any idea when my new blog entries will be approved for general consumption? It'll be a week on Monday since I created 'em. (I know I'm being impatient. Sorry.)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I'm replying to myself to bump these questions.

Also, any idea when my new blog entries will be approved for general consumption? It'll be a week on Monday since I created 'em. (I know I'm being impatient. Sorry.)
I'm so sorry Zazie.
I still don't see anything to approve your Blog. (I can't even see anything that it needs approval)
I posted this in our chat area...but no idea when someone will be there.

Edit to add : tho it does look like I can only see Part 2

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I'm so sorry Zazie.
I still don't see anything to approve your Blog. (I can't even see anything that it needs approval)
I posted this in our chat area...but no idea when someone will be there.

Edit to add : tho it does look like I can only see Part 2
I don't know what to do here. When I go to my blog page, there are two listed: Being an Index of Recipes in the "Random DIY mixing and More" and "Liquor Flavors?" Threads, within which there are the two original entries (part 1 and part 2) and nine new entries, which among them contain all the entries in parts 1 and 2; and scratch pad, which I created by mistake and marked as private, Ideally, I would like to delete both "scratch pad" and the two original entries, leaving the nine new entries. If deleting isn't an option, once the nine new entries are approved, I'll make the two old entries private.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I wish there was a way to see new posts & latest activity without the non-vaping threads/forums in the mix. There is no filter to filter out specific forums. Most of the posts on those threads are just daily check-in/check-out posts. They just clutter the new posts and latest activity feeds. Terrible for newcomers BTW. If you want to know what is going on in those threads or forums you can just subscribe to them to get alerts.

That's why I liked the "Latest Posts" block at the right hand side of the forum. It was set to not show latest posts from the non-vaping forums.

Hopefully this change is in the works.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Okay, maybe I've missed it somewhere . . . I know you can search the whole forum and use to advanced option for more specific information, including time periods . . . BUT- What happened to the "Search" of individual threads?

Would be really nice to have that back . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

• Agree
    Reactions: mcduffy

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    @alexj-12 is anyone looking into the blog editing issue? I still can't see anywhere to edit a blog post.

Also, I decided to create a new test blog entry and now all now blog entries (or at least mine) need approval before getting posted to the site. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog/test-blog-entryafter-2022-ecf-upgrade.8419/ Shows "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

When I click your link I get :

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

@alexj-12 @classwife with the old software blog entries did not need to be approved.

Is there an option to change that???

Or, Classy, is that the way management wants it to be now???

Thank you.

I think they still have to get around to figuring these things out. I made a test blog entry the day the update was complete and posted here about this approval issue. It's still not approved. Of course now I just want to delete it, but there's no option to do that lol.

@UncleJunkle
    Were your Blogs ever approved ?

@ShowMeTwice
    No, Blogs aren't supposed to be this way.

@Zazie blogs needing approval...was on the phone with Zazie clicking around to see if there is something that she maybe needed to do...I can see no way to help.
    Can't even see the ones that are needing approval.
    Went into Admin CP and see nothing to help.

@alexj-12 you help is really needed here please :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    When I click your link I get :

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I don't know. I can see it. But only if logged in. I suspect that if I log in it would tell me the same as you, since no one is supposed to be able to see it until it is approved. I'm guessing that your moderator account is set to not see "waiting to be approved" blog entries?

@UncleJunkle
    Were your Blogs ever approved ?

No that test blog entry was never approved nor deleted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread