Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I've learned Ohm's law. I've played around with electronics over the years, but never got into the real nuts and bolts of it all. It's very interesting! I know how to solder, and do basic things, from years of repairing and tinkering with guitars and gear, but I've never really bothered with ohms and watts and what they actually measure.

I've learned a lot about nicotine, and it's effects, and the dirty things they put in cigarettes, and the politics surrounding Big Tobacco and government. Also very interesting.

Skills, I've learned to wrap coils, and do some cool tricks with vapor. :)

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I've become very good at tearing and twisting up paper towels in many different ways to facilitate removal of excess liquid from my tanks and batteries.

What's your new skill?

I can fill a tank with my eyes shut now, while holding the mod under my arm, juice bottle cap between my teeth, and walking the dogs.

And Vooping. I'm pretty good at vooping, too. :p

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My day job for 36 years before retirement was troubleshooting and repairing my company's equipment in customers' offices. When I was a teenager I was always tinkering with electricity and mechanical devices. Most of the tech inside ecigs is every day stuff when it involves concepts that are part of what you do for a living.

When I started vaping, an ecig was a plastic cartridge with some cotton inside. You pulled it out and dripped some juice inside, then pushed it back in where the soaked cotton contacted a coil with a mesh bridge on it. The cotton saturated the mesh and the coil heated it to make vapor. Every half hour, you pulled the cartridge and soaked in again with juice.

This is what you had to do to fill your ecig 4 years ago. There were no tanks. Cartos came later.

This is the first thing I had to learn.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
My day job for 36 years before retirement was troubleshooting and repairing my company's equipment in customers' offices. When I was a teenager I was always tinkering with electricity and mechanical devices. Most of the tech inside ecigs is every day stuff when it's what you do for a living.

When I started vaping, an ecig was a plastic cartridge with some cotton inside. You pulled it out and dripped some juice inside, then pushed it back in where the soaked cotton contacted a coil with a mesh bridge on it. The cotton saturated the mesh and the coil heated it to make vapor. Every half hour, you pulled the cartridge and soaked in again with juice.

This is what you had to do to fill your ecig 4 years ago. There were no tanks. Cartos came later.

This is the first thing I had to learn.

This was also my first ecig, ahhh the memories. :) It is amazing how much this game has changed over the last two years, and I feel privileged to have been a part of the plastic carto polyfill generation of vapers.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hmmm... "skills" I've learned:

* How to catch a mod in mid air that's fallen from your pocket.
* How to tell when a battery is about to lose it's "still good for vaping" charge without a meter.
* How to remove ejuice stains from a shirt... and the couch... and the cat.
* How to walk away from a non-vaper who's got a head full of junk science propaganda and wants to argue with you.
* How to talk myself into 'dare' juices like coconut bacon (true story).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread