Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
Yeah, leave it to us poor bottomdwellers to test those clones.......

Honestly, enjoy your stuff! What's fine is fine.
If I didn't feel like testing all my biggies, that is my personal list, I would have bought two originals and be happy vaping them.

So far the FeV V3 is my favourite, already have 5. Wouldn't have bought 5 authentic ones though. That's one nice thing about clones, they don't ruin you.

Reactions: fogmust

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
Haha, thanks, guys. My real challenge with the one replica that I owned was leaking... It was a K4, which was my first when I was trying to decide whether I want to go into rebuildables.
No matter what, it kept leaking. Then I bought an authentic o-ring replacement kit from Vaperev and it was rock solid after that. Recently sold to another member.
I don't regret paying for the Squapes. They are my daily devices and I love them. I was just wondering, because you would think that in this day and age it should be really easy to recreate what somebody already invented, given that you use the right materials and tools... But, on the other hand, I've seen some of PBusardo's videos from China....

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Overall I'd say the quality of clones is getting much better. I bought this Squape [r] sight unseen or heard from 3FVape because they were the only game in town. However normally I buy from FastTech because they have a review forum which really helps sort out the bad ones. I just bought two Taifun GT V2s and they are both great. Two devices for ~$35.00. Mind you they were not without imperfections. But when the authentics cost $170 each, I'm still content even dealing with the small issues.

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
3fvape has answered."so sorry, blabla......we are doing quality tests......will be shipped in 2-4days....can you please wait a few days".
Hope long testing results in good quality.......but normally what they got first and test longer is crap and then they wait for a revised batch before they ship. At least other shops do that.

Has anyone got the one with only one deck yet? Is it okay?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I hope the Ivogo works for you, Nelson. My first SqR clone was Ivogo and it was a nightmare. Really, the only bad clone I've ever bought.

I'm waiting on an Ataman II clone and I will laugh myself silly if its nicer than my authentic. It very well might be since my authentic has some poor machining. I bought that clone just because I wanted to compare them.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I hope the Ivogo works for you, Nelson. My first SqR clone was Ivogo and it was a nightmare. Really, the only bad clone I've ever bought.

I'm waiting on an Ataman II clone and I will laugh myself silly if its nicer than my authentic. It very well might be since my authentic has some poor machining. I bought that clone just because I wanted to compare them.

Can you PM me where you ordered from?

Also, i see that 3f has the Evivia-T clone listed...never thought i'd see that one cloned as it seems to fly under the radar.

Mangomonkeyman

Nov 17, 2014
Louisiana
I have 3 squape r clones and managed to make one decent one that leaks under the deck relentlessly. The ivogo was horrible. I do have two ataman 2s and they are great little clones. I got mine straight from the factory but frog in fog has them for $25. Quality is ok, grindy threads but they function exceptionally well. Atm they are my go-to atomizers, very overlooked device.

Reactions: hobbes4

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I h

hi Audrey, ya I hope it works out ! it looks decent but, that could mean nothing... should have it in a week, I used epacket.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Well I received the single deck version form 3FVape today. Overall quality looked fine, but the dreaded no continuity through the 510 pin. I assume its the emetal on the threads. I even tried the kanthal trick to see if I could remove it but to no luck. Guess I'll have to wait for a new deck and hope this one works. I also get to see what 3FVapes customer service is like. I also wonder if these are suppose to have an insulator in them. I only see an oring around the 510 pin. Guess i should have waited for a few reviews. Jumped the gun on this one unfortunately.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well I received the single deck version form 3FVape today. Overall quality looked fine, but the dreaded no continuity through the 510 pin. I assume its the emetal on the threads. I even tried the kanthal trick to see if I could remove it but to no luck. Guess I'll have to wait for a new deck and hope this one works. I also get to see what 3FVapes customer service is like. I also wonder if these are suppose to have an insulator in them. I only see an oring around the 510 pin. Guess i should have waited for a few reviews. Jumped the gun on this one unfortunately.

I made a 510 insulator for my Ivogo. The authentic doesn't have one either, but its precision machined.

Clean your 510 pin and post screws. Add a second o ring to the 510 pin. Hope the deck is coated well enough to not constantly short the coil. This is why I gave up on my Ivogo eventually; my W deck became too crummy to use anymore after I had fixed all its other problems.

FT got the Eviva clones today. I bet they're nicer.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I made a 510 insulator for my Ivogo. The authentic doesn't have one either, but its precision machined.

Clean your 510 pin and post screws. Add a second o ring to the 510 pin. Hope the deck is coated well enough to not constantly short the coil. This is why I gave up on my Ivogo eventually; my W deck became too crummy to use anymore after I had fixed all its other problems.

FT got the Eviva clones today. I bet they're nicer.

No the problem is in the deck threads, I ran a continuity check with my DMM today. This is with the deck stripped right down. I'm assuming the problem lies with ematel on the threads inside the deck. I guess I might be able to run some sandpaper through it, but I'll wait to see what 3FVape says first about replacing the deck. In the end I may just end up shipping it back for a refund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread