Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I really want to try the Squape Rs but i had bad luck with both the EhPro and Kingtu Squape R which are considered the better Squape clones. Hopefully we see some better reviews but it seems the same problems still exist.

Yup I'm afraid you're right. I've never read about a clone having as much problem as the Squape. The emetal seems to be the common denominator here. I recently bought two different Taifun GT V2 clones and they are both superb. But the design is inherently better so there is less of a risk.

Also take the kayfun V4, a badly conceived design intended to foil cloners, is another example of just bad engineering. Regardless of whether it's a good vape. Compare it to the more simple Erlkonigan and you will see what I mean.

I'm patiently waiting now for a decent Taifun GS V2 clone...now this should be a winner!

Last edited:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I just got my Squape R today (Roxy's right...Eciggity changed the name to Zquape) and I think they goofed. It was supposed to come with the C and W decks. I received two C decks, 2 W decks, and one S deck.

Disclaimer: This is my first RTA, and building this sucker was a lot harder than it looked on the YT videos! It's leaking like a darn sieve, juice all over my Stingray X, my shirt, everywhere! :(

I'll do another build tomorrow, but so far, if this keeps up, the Squape won't just be my first RTA. It'll be my last, too. Any and all suggestions are welcome, but right now, I'm tired and I have to get up in the morning.

G'Night, Modwompers!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I just got my Squape R today (Roxy's right...Eciggity changed the name to Zquape) and I think they goofed. It was supposed to come with the C and W decks. I received two C decks, 2 W decks, and one S deck.

Disclaimer: This is my first RTA, and building this sucker was a lot harder than it looked on the YT videos! It's leaking like a darn sieve, juice all over my Stingray X, my shirt, everywhere! :(

I'll do another build tomorrow, but so far, if this keeps up, the Squape won't just be my first RTA. It'll be my last, too. Any and all suggestions are welcome, but right now, I'm tired and I have to get up in the morning.

G'Night, Modwompers!

What deck are you using?

If the W deck, you need a bigger coil. I used a 7/64" drill bit. If you use metric, try 3mm. Make sure your wick fills the whole slot.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon

G'Night, Modwompers!

Give it a rest and then try a different approach, you'll get it. There's probably some tutorial videos on youtube. I've yet to try a squape r myself.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
What deck are you using?

If the W deck, you need a bigger coil. I used a 7/64" drill bit. If you use metric, try 3mm. Make sure your wick fills the whole slot.

Hi, Roxy...
W deck, 3.0 mm coil, 24g Kanthal, running between .6 and .7 ohms - organic cotton wick. I even put just a touch of cotton in the channels. Used the Mad Vapes YT for building the original Squape as my primary reference point.

GO TO BED!
I'M GOING, I'M GOING...;0)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hi, Roxy...
W deck, 3.0 mm coil, 24g Kanthal, running between .6 and .7 ohms - organic cotton wick. I even put just a touch of cotton in the channels. Used the Mad Vapes YT for building the original Squape as my primary reference point.

GO TO BED!
I'M GOING, I'M GOING...;0)

Go to bed :)

Tomorrow check your coil height. If its a little high, e liquid could be running through the slots under the wick.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Give it a rest and then try a different approach, you'll get it. There's probably some tutorial videos on youtube. I've yet to try a squape r myself.

Second build, same problem. I hate this stupid, stupid Squape R lol...over 10 mls of perfectly good e-juice shot to Hades!!!
Y'know, there's a ton of stuff I HAVE TO DO in this world. Building an RTA isn't one of them. :confused:

Dioxyde, you wanna try a Squape R? Wanna do a swap? Send me a PM if you're interested!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Second build, same problem. I hate this stupid, stupid Squape R lol...over 10 mls of perfectly good e-juice shot to Hades!!!
Y'know, there's a ton of stuff I HAVE TO DO in this world. Building an RTA isn't one of them. :confused:

Dioxyde, you wanna try a Squape R? Wanna do a swap? Send me a PM if you're interested!

Show us a pic of your build.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
reciceved my Ivogo Rs with additional decks :) it's pretty good, nice machining, and the threads are good. decks all work and have no blemishes :) now, to the part you all want to hear about..... NO shorts or jumping resistance :banana: it would seem Ivogo learned from their mistakes on the full size squape. this new one is honestly great and, one of my top tanks currently :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
If someone wants my full size Ivogo tank and chimney from Chuckie, PM me. The rest of Chuckie is a disaster though, including the decks. At one time I had the base stable with homemade insulators, but then I put them into my Kingtu clone. And the Ivogo decks short everything.

But, the tank and chimney are fine. I've only kept it in case anyone here needed parts.

Reactions: nelsonm64

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
Thanks ! Should be the same as I ordered in the same shop. At least I hope so. Made may day, your report, as there were a lot of negative posts about bad quality by Ivogo with the Squape R. So I wasn't too pleased when I came to know that tthe rs from 3fvape was an Ivogo. But now.......happy!!!

@hurricanegirl100 , don't give up! If you don't get shorts, you should be able to get it running. Shorts were the biggest problem of Squape R clones and quite tricky to solve, especially for beginners with rtas. Leaking is about orings and wicking and there are some experts here to help you. Not me though, I 'm quite fond of asking here myself.
Cheers from a fellow modwomper!

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
IMG_20150718_210017546.jpg

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon

I would but honestly I just gave away most of my non-essential gear to a friend who is making the switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread