New study: e-cigarettes significant in helping people quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
New study finds e-cigarettes play significant role in helping people quit smoking
A new study has found that e-cigarettes can play a significant role in helping people to quit smoking.

On Thursday morning, scientific journal Addiction published a study conducted by researchers at University College London with funding from Cancer Research UK.

Researchers discovered that some 70,000 smokers resort to e-cigarettes in a bid to quit smoking each year in the UK.

Analysis of relevant data revealed a proportionate connection between increasing levels of e-cigarette usage from 2011 and increasing rates of quitting success.

The study also revealed that a plateau in the usage of e-cigarettes in 2015 reflected a similar levelling-off in the quitting success rate.

Taking 2017 as a case study, researchers estimated that between 50,700 and 69,930 smokers succeeded in quitting through the use of e-cigarettes, and that these smokers would probably have continued with their habit without the devices...

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
New study finds e-cigarettes play significant role in helping people quit smoking
What a revelation
KxFOeWV.gif

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I only scanned the Study. But I can tell you this...

The Fine Folks at Pfizer sure as heck Didn't fund it.

LOL
I attempted to follow up your statement by finding specifics. It certainly doesn’t seem to be a US based thing, or a business funded thing. It’s university based. I can’t tell if it is U.K. or Ireland based. There is no link to the study itself that I was able to find.

the article is indisputably Irish.
-publisher is Irish daily mail
-Photos are stock from an Irish company
-The journal the study was published in is Addiction (journal) - Wikipedia. It’s technically based in London but appears to live all over the place.
- both Irish and UK politicians seem to be referencing it.
-primary researcher is beard
Which implies U.K. academic origin. I can’t even seem to find what “UCL” stands for though, so I’m not sure. There is implication that it’s a university of some sort. Universities tend to be based in a single location but lately have sections all over the place as well.

Reactions: Anise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread