West Frankfort, IL

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I started vaping 9months ago.
I quit smoking 8months ago.
I didnt try to give up smoking, I did want to give up but I didnt try to give up, I just happened to stop smoking a month after I started vaping and with out trying.
I make light of my transition from smoking to vaping by saying I havnt given up anything other than burning tobacco. My hand to mouth and mouth to lung and then exhale habit is still fully intact and so are the times and occasions I indulge that habit.
Sometimes though, even 8months later, I miss smoking tobacco like crazy, thats a tenacious addiction, my vaping nicotine habit doesnt even come close to it, sometimes I forget to vape! I never forgot to have a cigarette, ever.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Eh, okay. I have to admit that this particular sentence:

while there are certainly more harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke, there is a question of safety in e-cigarettes because of the presence of propylene glycol, and other as yet unidentified compounds," Horovitz said.

There be grammar issues! Thank god for the Oxford comma because it kind of reads as if PG is as yet "unidentified" and like, it has a name and stuff. LOL.

Also, if the other as yet are unidentified compounds, I would respectfully ask "Um, how do you know they're there if they are unidentified?" Because if you can't say what they are I'm thinking they are sort of hard to "measure." Also, what specifically is so bad about PG it's used all the time in inhalers and hospitals, etc.

Overall, I did not care for that sentence. I have to say I have a bit of jealousy for those accidental quitters, but I do think it's fantastic. Takes all types of quitting I guess....

Anna

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread