New switcher issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @camouser, wattage ratings for manufacturers coils are sometimes exaggerated.

But may I ask how you primed the coil? As improperly priming a coil will make it burn out due to the wicking not being fully saturated with liquid, but there's also dodgy coils and fake ones out in the wild as well.

Also high or full Vegetable Glycerine liquids and sweeteners can also cause issues with the coil wicking liquid, and that will make your coils burn out sooner.

But with Watt Calculator which you can download for free from the Play Store gives me a range of 70 - 117 watts, with a sweet spot of 93 watts.

And you may also wish to try the GT mesh coils, they're not a bad offering at all to try.

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I agree with what @Mordacai has said. Try less watts (and maybe thinner juice) Make sure you have enough airflow and pause between vapes (both help keep the coil cool) If you have to, try doing "primer puffs" (draw air with out firing) between vapes (I do that with my little MTL coils... never get a "scorched" taste)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
They're constructed differently to the GT8 coils @camouser.

The mesh is bent into a tube like shape and there's only wicking between the mesh coil and the GT housing, and the wicking is only 2 mm thick. So there will be less issues with the wick burning as it'll be able to wick liquid effectively and be fully saturated with liquid.

As with the GT8 design the wicking at the centre of the coil will get little to no liquid wicking, and then it's toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread