ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Last edited:

drichardson

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
PA, USA
Stanford Glantz: "The studies the e-cigarette people point out, claiming these things are harmless, are really, really, really crappy."

For those of you who don't speak BS, that translates roughly to: "The data don't agree with my preconceptions! A 1% CI should be the new epidemiological standard!"

Stanford Glantz: "It is probably about 10% to 20% of what a cigarette puts out, so looked at that way, they're really nice."

That would be horrible! (To be fair, it would be good for Glantz. I wouldn't be surprised if he's now trying to find a scientist willing to test the vapor in a closet full of smokers to get those sorts of results.)

The rest is just a rant about smoking. Fortunately, the author counters Glantz's misinformation with a (sadly, much shorter) quote from the fellow from Princeton immediately.

seneca mike

Jan 18, 2013
upstate NY
I got real ...... when I read the article. Inaccurate, misleading! That reporter COULD have simply posted his questions on ECF and so got himself a ton of REAL info about the benefits of vaping juices vs burning tobacco! Seems like he never heard of VG, for example. Too much focus on starter ready-made business and way too little on the reality that most vapers soon switch to buying superior stuff in component form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread