New to Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am on day 34 without analogs and I feel great. I watched a store open during November and was asking myself, "What the heck is all this about E-ciggs. Well, the store finally opened on around Thanksgiving and I went in to see what's up. I walked out with a basic kit and some juice, without ever thinking I'm going to quit smoking after 35 years of a pack and a half. I said I'll give it a try. I smoked 1 cig on Friday morning and 1 on Saturday morning and that was it. I have not smoked since. I think this will work for people who could not quit before trying all kinds of programs. I feel deep down inside I made the right choice. The stories on here have made it clear to me that time are changing.
Thanks

Sure will, I bought a set up that is from VapeUSA , It came with a charger and 2 1100mau batteries and 2 plastic wick style juice holders. It was just fine with me, It also came with 2 small tubes of juice, promotional for the grand opening. I have since updated the tanks. The juice I like best is from Halo. I don't know all the lingo yet that is why I became a member here. If I learn something here it will help me when I go to the e shop. By the way the people at the shop are great, a young family who sell only ecig items, no tobacco.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Sure will, I bought a set up that is from VapeUSA , It came with a charger and 2 1100mau batteries and 2 plastic wick style juice holders. It was just fine with me, It also came with 2 small tubes of juice, promotional for the grand opening. I have since updated the tanks. The juice I like best is from Halo. I don't know all the lingo yet that is why I became a member here. If I learn something here it will help me when I go to the e shop. By the way the people at the shop are great, a young family who sell only ecig items, no tobacco.

That sounds like a great set up. There's a ton of knowledgeable folks around here, and I'll bet you'll learn a lot. I've been vaping for a little over a month now. Started with a $15 blister pack, 650 mAh, variable volt (can adjust the power setting), passthrough (can vape while it's charging) battery that came with a USB charging cable and a bottom coil (heating element at bottom of the tank, rather then the top) plastic clearomizer (name for the tanks that contain wicks and coils. They can be plastic, glass or metal).

I found it amazing that at this shop there were all older people like me in there. I'm 53, no young people. That tells me that us older folk want to quit with the analogs. It always bothered me that the insurance would not cover any one who wants to quit, you have to pay for it yourself. The cost of quitting by going to the doctor, get a script for something that might or might not work is expensive. I went that route a few times. Now I have it in the bag, no more analogs.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I found it amazing that at this shop there were all older people like me in there. I'm 53, no young people. That tells me that us older folk want to quit with the analogs. It always bothered me that the insurance would not cover any one who wants to quit, you have to pay for it yourself. The cost of quitting by going to the doctor, get a script for something that might or might not work is expensive. I went that route a few times. Now I have it in the bag, no more analogs.
I'm right there with you!! Both my parents smoked and I started smoking when I was around 13 or so, Basically, I've been in a cigarette fog my entire life (64) until I found vaping on Oct. 02, 2013. I was surprised when I went into one of the local shops and most everybody in there were older folks like myself. Conversely, all of the staff were young vapers. Good luck and good vaping...and Merry Christmas!!

dripdaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I'm right there with you!! Both my parents smoked and I started smoking when I was around 13 or so, Basically, I've been in a cigarette fog my entire life (64) .............

I have the same story. I usually got funny looks looks from people when they asked me how long I had smoked. I would answer, "Since I was a baby and went home from the hospital." I was carrying my own pack since I was 13 though which was 42 yrs. ago.

I will celebrate my first smoke-free week tomorrow thanks to vaping. Millions of dollars are spent on anti-smoking advertisements and I have never seen one with the true answer to quitting!:mad::mad::mad:

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
My old friends (60 here) We know what we achieved. I was ardent with smoking because there was no way out. "I lived 60 years and dont expect to live another 60" I should tell.
However vaping was (and its very primitive form) promising. With the very first try I knew cigarettes have lost their battle. Now for 10 months I didnt smoke any. But I became an ardent vape advertiser. I tell everybody the effectiveness so intensely they ask me if I am a seller. Even in my social media I make advertisement but dont even give the name of the forums (Turkish and this) I tell them I worked out for myself you do your own home work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread