The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New to E-cig

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by hachoo, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hachoo

hachoo Full Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Singapore
    Hi guys, i am new to this scene.
    was wondering which is a good variable volt e-cig?
    and what kind and brand of juice is good too?
    btw. i am hacken =)

2. OlDogNewTricks

OlDogNewTricks Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
    Welcome, there are a world of choices. Can you narrow it down a bit? Do you want small, large, manly, girly, bling, plain. What are you planning on running on top of it? Also, there is a whole sub-forum here devoted to nothing but juice. Same type of questions there. Flavors you like, don't like. I don't know how hard it is to ship to Singapore. Hope this helps a bit

3. hachoo

hachoo Full Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Singapore
    i did a little bit of research and realized that there are so many kinds of variable volt e-cig. would love something like the provari or lavatube kind. any advice? plain and simple. no bling to it. what do you mean by running on top of it as i am still new to this.

4. OlDogNewTricks

OlDogNewTricks Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
    I use the eVic and am very happy with it. It's a bit fragile, but I am not rough on my stuff. I meant what kind of atomizer do you use? The item on top that you put liquid in. The Innokin iTaste MVP version 2 is a great APV too. Personally, I am not a fan of the type of device the Provari is because of the way it produces voltage. Just my humble opinion. Please who use them love them. Good luck and have fun!

5. Wmmeese

Wmmeese Dedicated Lurker Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    St Louis
    Variable voltage is a good place to start if you are committed to e-cigs. Most people start with something that is inexpensive but durable enough to use as a back up if/when they move on. Provari is an excellent quality with the downside that it only variable voltage vs. other choices that are both variable voltage and variable wattage. Personally that does not bother me as both get to the same place, with variable wattage being a little less fiddle as it is somewhat set and forget. If you think small is better look at the Innokin ITaste vv/VW 3.0. The battery will last 3 to 5 hours depending on how heavy you vape. The Innokin MVP 2.0 also seems to be a popular choice with a battery that people claim lasts more than a day. Both are non replaceable battery models. Moving to replaceable battery models, look at the VAMO or Lava Tube. I would recommend looking for something that will also read the resistance of your attached atomizer or other devise as it will come in handy for estimating proper voltage and later to measure coils if you chose to build you own. If your into all the bells and whistles, then the Evic should probably be on your short list, although it is somewhat delicate as mentioned above. Keep in mind if you buy a devise with replaceable batteries, you will need multiple batteries and a charger.

6. hachoo

hachoo Full Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Singapore
    i am still deciding. i am still kinda confused with the VV/VW? whats the difference between a atomizer and a clearomizer? and those short terms you guys used. i have no idea what it is. =)

7. ericm12121977

ericm12121977 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    My wife and I swear by Volcano Vapor LavaTubes. I am running a V2 with a tank/cartomizer combination. She is running the all new V2.5 VV/VW (Variable Volt/Variable Wattage). She loves that ability to adjust the wattage now. Her original LavaTube V2 has been dropped many times and works great to this day.

When it comes to juices, that is entirely up to you. There is no perfect juice company as everyone has their likes and dislikes. Check youtube for juice reviews and see if you can come up with a good 5 companies to try for juice and realize that everyone's choices are different and your tastes aren't going to line up with others. Save the juices and when you meet other vaper's work out some trades, take the juices to vapor meetings and give them out. Introduce as many people to vaping as you can and give them the juices, maybe they will like them. Start out with Sample packs if you can or go for no more then 10ml bottles that way your not wasting money until you find the juices you like then order larger quantity.

As always, I advocate supporting your local vapor stores first and foremost. The more you support them, the better the vaping community gets a foot hold and all of us ex-smokers have a place to turn to. It might cost you a few pennies or dollars more but it goes to help our vaping cause.

8. hachoo

hachoo Full Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Singapore
    i want something that will last long. as i am still not too sure about what to get because there are so many VV/VW models.
    so many websites selling it too.

9. hachoo

hachoo Full Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Singapore
    i am from singapore. so getting liquid and the item is quite difficult as it is illegal here. so i am just trying my luck

10. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Hi and welcome to ECF. Here's a glossary:
    A - Z E-Cig Glossary | Guide To Vaping
    After 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and you can post in the SG Vapers
    Be absolutely sure to read http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sg-vapers/344687-newbies-q-thread-please-read.html before you post.
    Best of Luck.

11. hachoo

hachoo Full Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Singapore
    so i have decided between the provapi, lavatube and the evic. can anyone advice me? i have learnt alot. thanks guys. just need a little more advice before i decide to make a purchase. cant wait to start vaping.

12. Jovinho

Jovinho Full Member Verified Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Stinkapore
    No arguments that provari is the elite e-cig, get it if u dont mind spending more. I can't find any provaris so I'm using eVic at the moment:2cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.