New to e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, I'm TerriB. Started smoking about 21 years ago and really enjoy it. However, it is impacting my health and at 53 years old it is finally time to quit tobacco if I can. My doctor, who I have known for years, recommended that I use e-cigs to try and start cutting down on the quantity that I smoke. I smoke Swisher Sweet, sweet cherry packs. I bought a "Blu" starter kit last month but it is like drawing in air. No vapor, little taste and no tobacco taste at all. Really don't like. I stumbled on this forum while checking out websites for other manufacturers. It has helped a lot already because I know almost nothing about the equipment, refills, quality manufacturers, etc. Thanks to everybody for their post.
Welcome and glad you joined. Congratulations, you have a pretty good doctor, lucky.
Since vaping is totally scalable, the choice you have can be overwhelming. For now all one would need to really know is you are going to utilize 3 components.
Battery(s)
Atomizer
E-Liquid
What you will need to study, is the different types of atomizers and how they perform.
The battery can be pretty much dictated by the type of atomizer.
Best advice I can give is start simple and try to learn every basic part of vaping, then step up to advance ways of vape. Some folks inadvertently sell the novice advanced equipment which multiplies vaping complexities. The poor learner is flooded with too many variables and never gets the basics down pat. It helps to know what you want (which direction you want to head towards) before you make a decision you might regret after a purchase.
E-Liquid may be the easiest component to tie down.
Might want to do non sub-ohm first (Over 1 ohms, pretty much uses the same equipment, the coil/wick is built different). You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tagged as advanced vaping.
Might like to read:
2. Don’t Become Obsessed with the Idea of Sub-Ohming
Re: 6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
vapetown
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread