New to ECF and analog free after 57 years of smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryK

Mar 31, 2012
Juneau Alaska
This site is great and has been a big help to me in learning about the world of E-Cigs. I prefer to use the term PV's (personal vaporisors) which helps avoid the negative feedback from the anti-smoking crowd.

I have been vaping for 2 months now and have been analog free from day 1 after 57 years of smoking 1 to 2 packs/day.
My doctor is almost as pleased as I am about this. My wife is also anaolg free after 50 years of smoking. We both quit on the day we received our kits. Besides our improved health, we have saved almost $700 in two months, factoring in the cost of the equipment to date. Needless to say, we are both delighted. Thank you for providing this forum.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
This site is great and has been a big help to me in learning about the world of E-Cigs. I prefer to use the term PV's (personal vaporisors) which helps avoid the negative feedback from the anti-smoking crowd.

I have been vaping for 2 months now and have been analog free from day 1 after 57 years of smoking 1 to 2 packs/day.
My doctor is almost as pleased as I am about this. My wife is also anaolg free after 50 years of smoking. We both quit on the day we received our kits. Besides our improved health, we have saved almost $700 in two months, factoring in the cost of the equipment to date. Needless to say, we are both delighted. Thank you for providing this forum.

Hi LarryK..Welcome & congrats! I've been a long time member myself (2 days) LOL. You're good - it took me 4 days before I washed all the ashtrays in the house - it's now been 8 1/2 months, pure heaven after almost 50 yrs. My best to you & your wife on your "new life". I did RYO for approx. 11 yrs. so this venture is not exactly cost friendly to me, however, there is no price you can place on your health. BTW..your PV is my "pacifier".

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
We started with the V2 808's. I have ordered the new Apollo V-Tube (variable voltage) stainless steel unit. I'm expecting it any day. The wife is still using V2's. She's not too excited about the "monster" tube, LOL.

Congratulations. When you get your 5 posts, head over to the Lavatube forum and get a preview of what to expect. Maybe you can get the wife a mini-Lavatube. She'll want one once she tries yours. Neither of them are as big as they appear in the pictures.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Hi LarryK..Welcome & congrats! I've been a long time member myself (2 days) LOL. You're good - it took me 4 days before I washed all the ashtrays in the house - it's now been 8 1/2 months, pure heaven after almost 50 yrs. My best to you & your wife on your "new life". I did RYO for approx. 11 yrs. so this venture is not exactly cost friendly to me, however, there is no price you can place on your health. BTW..your PV is my "pacifier".

You'll catch up with the costs. I did RYO for about 3 years, until that SCHIP tax drove me over the edge and in to vaping. Even pipe tobacco, which I was using toward the end, is going to get hit with more taxes. It was costing me over $6/day for tax evading pipe tobacco cigarettes. Now, I DIY and it cost's $0.50/day. But I never have to run across town to pay $6/box for tubes if I run out. So worth it, not to mention the health benefits. I shudder to think what my 3 packs a day of prepackaged Winstons would be costing me nowadays.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan

Wow, that's great! We need a genuflecting smiley. :D

binspector1961

Moved On
Apr 28, 2012
FL
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread