New to ECF and some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've been vaping on and off for a few years now and have recently gotten off of analogs completely (few months). I started really getting into ejuice and the different flavors profiles that some vendors create. A buddy of mine and I have just purchased a "starter kit" for making our own DIY and eventually would like to share our flavors with everybody.

My question for you guys is.. a clean room necessary to manufacture your own ejuice? I'd like to think that wearing protective equipment and working with sterile tools should be enough but who has the kind of many to purchase/rent lab space?

Anyways, I'd love to hear from you guys and I'm excited to get in some of the great conversations that I've read here in the past.

I meant for small B&M's or E-commerce sites. Ultimately I'd like to get into the the business of juice to others but after speaking to a local shop here in Ashburn, Virginia someone told me that they had a third party mixing their juices for them. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on clean rooms and if they thought it was necessary since I wouldn't have much capital to rent a lab to mix in. Sorry if that was a stupid question, I'm just trying to learn more about mixing.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
I don't want to discourage you, but with the FDA raining on parades, getting into mfg and distribution might be a hurdle you don't want to undertake. That said, my local b&m mixes in an area where the customer can see what is going on. They have premixed their nic levels with the only vg/pg they offer and add the flavor when you order. Sterile...no. Clean...appears so.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi, I mix my own e juice in my kitchen. I use clean sterile bottles I've boiled. I wash my droppers with each use and have measures only for nicotine, pg, and vg. Each getting rinsed after each use. Nothing really comes into contact with anything I would consider contaminated. Syringes touch pg, vg, and nic, separate for each one. Flavor dropper rinsed after each use. It is absolutely NOT necessary to do in a lab setting.my bottles are all sealed and only opened when in use.the process is as simple as mixing nicotine, pg, vg, and flavors. Basically.. of course percentages are very important and I use a calculator for those.I'm not sure why people get the idea this process must be done in a lab. In all the time I've done this I've not once spilled my nicotine, the only potentially dangerous substance in the entire process. One can wear gloves if they feel necessaey. I've never had the nicotine contact my skin and unless your extremely messy I see no need for eye wear. I immediately cap my nicotine after measurement. To prevent any accidents. I ve never had a accident one. Know and trust your own ability. If you are half Hazzard and clumsey, then by all means wear protection but a hazmat suit is not necessary. !! If you are the type that feels a hazmat suit is necessary doing this yourself is likely NOT a good option for you. By all means be catious, but no need to be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread