New to forum/ best e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepwalker

Apr 27, 2010
canton georgia
I've been vaping for one year to date. I tried many times to quit analogs and until E-cigs I was always unsuccessful. I was a very heavy smoker and as soon as I picked up the E-cig I never again smoked an analog. There were however some bumps along the way . I went through 3 different E-cigs before I discovered the Joye 510 and the tornado. In my oppinion they are the right choice for vaping. Don't bother with those mall deals, they are basically worthless. I've been mostly buying from totally wicked even though they are a little higher priced they in my oppion have a far superior product than most websites. Happy vaping!:)

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
Good choice. Mall deals are horrid.
As far as the tornado or eGo TW does not have a superior product. I am looking at 2 kits from Joye, they have from factory the fast charger...the 2 atties and...yes...a 510 to 901 adapter so you can use KR cartos with the eGo... only thing they miss is the TW logo which, as far as i care is an advantage.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
whats the best site for the joye 501..
seems as if there are alot..
are some knock offs
i dont want to waste what $ i have..
i already had a friend send me a used one.did not work
but need to get off the nic...

What did your friend use?

As far as 510's.. probably your easiest to find and best bet is Cignot, most sites are fairly comparable, however.

If you want to get off it, and have the available fundage, I'd seriously consider skipping the 510 and going straight for an eGo/Tornado. Around 70 for a good kit, that way you've gotten the current widely distributed equipment that will last you quite some time, and still use 510 parts.

kbx4

May 2, 2010
Quincy, MA
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best e-cigar? I recently started using a Greencig G120, which I really like, but when I got a refill, only 3 of 6 atomizers worked. Because they seem to last a long time, I didn't realize that the last two didn't work until recently -- so suddenly I'm out and have to wait for new ones to arrive. So, I'm back to real cigars, dagnit! (That and I'm not sure about continuing with this product, since it's not widely available and the seller indicated I need to let them know sooner that some of the atomizers didn't work -- I don't know how, except to unwrap and try them all at once when I get them? Do people do that with their atomizers/cartridges/etc.?) Being kind of expensive, I'm wondering if there is a refillable e-cigar that people like? Can't really find much about e-cigars...but, I'm not really drawn to cigarette versions. I also liked the fact that the G120 looked like a real cigar.

Thanks for help!

What did your friend use?

As far as 510's.. probably your easiest to find and best bet is Cignot, most sites are fairly comparable, however.

If you want to get off it, and have the available fundage, I'd seriously consider skipping the 510 and going straight for an eGo/Tornado. Around 70 for a good kit, that way you've gotten the current widely distributed equipment that will last you quite some time, and still use 510 parts.

my friend got hers at a flea mkt
from what is see on the box it says 8097 thats it...

ECF Prize Patrol

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Prizeville
15damid.jpg

jil4cj.jpg

343j8qo.jpg

jil4cj.jpg

zboot

May 3, 2010
PA
I ordered the Blu Starter pack two weekends ago. Got it 3 business days later. So far, it has been good. I've not had problems with vapor production cutting out and I like the flavoring. Funnily enough, my fav flavor is menthol. This was surprising to me, I was expecting to like the vanilla more.

There is one issue - the battery charging mechanism still requires some redesign. It doesn't fully charge the batteries when used as expected. I've figured out what needs to be done to get a full charge.

So, addressing some old reviews of blu, here is my experience (as of 5.2.2010)

1. Bad customer service - To be honest, I'm not really sure on this. My stuff shipped fast without any issues. I've not had to deal with customer service.

2. Bad vapor - actually quite the opposite for me. I get good vapor production until we near the end of the cartridge. In fact, the vapor doesn't seem to dissipate as fast as their literature would suggest. I learned how to blow smoke rings within an hour of getting my pack.

3. Battery - So, when charged properly, the batteries do last. The problem is if you just screw the batteries into the USB charger or blu pack, they don't get full charged? Why? I think it is due to the voltage level used by the usb and blu pack. Essentially, to charge a battery, you must apply a voltage greater than the current cell voltage. When you start with a near empty battery, the cell voltage is low, so applying a fixed 5v charge can bring it up. However, as the cell voltage increases, your charger must "work harder" at supplying a higher voltage. Apparently, the charging circuitry in the battery is designed to monitor the difference in charge and cell voltage and cut off when they get to within some threshold. However, the voltage available over usb (at least from my laptop) or from the blu pack must not be high enough so that the batteries get fully charged. If I used the wall adapter plugged into the USB charger instead, and don't fully screw in the battery, I'm able to get it to fully charge.

Note - the batteries should take ~ 2hours to charge from empty.

I think a lot of people's bad experiences with the batteries could be linked to a badly designed charging mechanism. They probably just rely solely on the incoming supply voltage, instead of at least building in a boost converter to up the voltage for charging.

4. Throat hit - not being an actual smoker, this doesn't matter for me since I get the 0 nicotine cartridges anyway. I may buy a pack of nicotine ones so a friend can try it.

Based on my readings, much of the bad reviews are in the past (6 months or older) which makes sense - if they plan to compete, they'd want to up quality control and things like that. Probably improving battery charging tech isn't very high on their list. Right now, they are the most cost effective starter kit in terms of what you get for the amount spent and I think #4 is about the only issue they really need to work on to stay relevant.

Though I am concerned a bit about the vapor. I'm going to have to smoke a real cig in my apt to see how it dissipates vs the blu.

Oregon Trucker

May 2, 2010
Hubbard, OR
I've ordered the Vapor4Life VaporKing and will be picking it up at my post office in the morning. It seems that they have great customer service from what I've seen on this site and only took 4 days for delivery.

I liked the idea of a more cigarette type of e-cig, cause I have been a pack a day smoker for the last 16 years.

Has anyone else had success with this product?

Mr.Stick

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado
I've ordered the Vapor4Life VaporKing and will be picking it up at my post office in the morning. It seems that they have great customer service from what I've seen on this site and only took 4 days for delivery.

I liked the idea of a more cigarette type of e-cig, cause I have been a pack a day smoker for the last 16 years.

Has anyone else had success with this product?

I am a Vapor for Lifer :) I have nothing but good things to say. Remember to read up on flavor and hit quality on any particular juice they sell, experiment as well, and it will all be shiny :) I was a 2 pack a day smoker, and I put it all away when I converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread