new to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvus

Verified Member
May 11, 2012
Camillus
Hello all. I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello. I have just started my quest to be smoke free. I wanted to introduce myself. I have been smoke free for about a week and I am really enjoying it. i live just outside of syracuse ny in camillus. right now i am using a njoy and a 21st century smoke. I'm am here to figure out what I want to get into. I really like the mini style so far. I'm thinking of getting a real kr808 as the njoy sucks and the 21st century wasn't much better until i got some refill juice for it. Well I just thought I would say hi.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Welcome to ECF rayvus! If you are set on the minis, I suggest taking a look at smokelessimage for some goodies. If you are not against trying something a little bigger, yet more versatile take a look at an EGO or KGO style PV. They are still compact (obviously not as much as the minis) but give a better vape. There are so many accessories that can be used with these also, that will allow you to personalize it to your liking. Good luck and take some time to ask questions and read away!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Hi and welcome! I agree with the Volt or Halo G6 for good 808's. I quit using Halo G6 and still use them when out and about :) To me these two are the best 808's. The Halo G6 is less airy than the Volt. Also I suggest the sealed batts and manual's for a better vape. You get used to the button and they vape so much better. Have fun and keep up the good work! bnrk

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Welcome Ray! I'm currently using V2's and I've just ordered an E-power kit from Crystal Clear Vaping. What you choose largely depends on how serious smoker you are. I was smoking 50+ cigs a day, and the V2s don't cut it for me (they don't provide enough nicotine to completely get me off the cigs, though I am down to less than 10 a day on average (it depends on how bad a day I'm having, lol)). The other problem with minis is battery life; if you go that route, make sure you have at least 2 (preferably 3) batteries, as they only last a couple of hours of consistent vaping. Take your time, explore the forum and enjoy! You're entering a whole new world here.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Welcome Rayvus. Lots of good info here. If you want a mini get one with 4.2 volts like the V-2. I went from a Provari to a V-2 and 3 days in its still doing the trick until my new PV gets here. Whatever you do just do not buy V-2 from a local store. Only buy online. Reason being is that they will not honor warranty and if the store does not then V-2 will still not honor warranty. Strangest thing I have ever seen.

I would say that skipping to step 2 with help from your friends here would be better, yet skipping to step 5 could be even better. Price always goes up in the step process and ranges are from $400 down to about $50 unless you are just testing the waters then I have seen disposables for around $10. Its hard to judge what will be the cheapest but still do the trick for you in order to satisfy and keep you smoke free. What are you looking to spend? How much, and what type did you smoke ETC?

For me I hit step one twice then step 4 and now I am waiting on step 5 to get here tomorrow. If I would have hit step 5 first I would have saved a lot of money but its a process and I never went back to smoking is the best part.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
I think the process is important. I'm vaping V2 at the moment, and am waiting on my E-Power to come in. At this point, I neither need nor desire the high-end variable voltage units. Will that change? Maybe, maybe not. But I know I'll appreciate my E-Power more knowing what the V2 (and earlier, the Blu) was like.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Its important to a point. If you have the money by all means take every step. The way I see each step.

1. Mini
2. Ego types
3. 18650 fixed 3.7V
4. VV PV
5. Genesis style.

The way it went for me was that by the time I got out of step one I had spent more then $200 on things I still considered junk. If I would have been here first listening to advise like I am now trying to give, I would have saved all that money and just vaped proud right off with a Provari a lot sooner. I ended up having to use the mini for 3 extra months just getting by while saving for step 4. It was so hard to quit smoking on step one, and the stress was not worth it IMO. I quit vaping and went back to step one with the 4.2V mini when I was ready to try again. For some people step two is all they will ever need. I was destined for step 5 and I am glad I skipped 2 and 3.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
But would you appreciate step 5 as much if you had gone directly there? I understand the money thing; I've spent over $200 on my minis, but that's okay. I'll either continue to use them until I've used up all of the prefills I have, or see if my mother or sister would like them. Say what you will, I'm pretty sure they're a lot a lot easier to carry around than the bigger, heavier models.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Everyone is diff. I loved my ProV so much it never left my hand, and when I sold it 3 days ago it felt like I buried my dog. I even kissed it goodbye before I put in the shipping box. I bought a flashlight holder that hooks to my belt for it and never noticed it was heavy. But to each his or her own. :toast:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
thanks for all the replys. I already love being part of this community. striker911 mentioned steps. what are the steps. I have not seen anything about steps before.

Its something I just came up in an effort to help new vapers save money and go in eyes wide open. I learned a lot from this forum and want to return the favor when possible. Let me know if I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread