Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Well I have been for a couple months now, currently using a ego-t and an evod, and can't decide if I want a manual mod or to get a spinner. Any and all thoughts on the predicament would be great. Also gunna buy a protank soon as I can scrap some money together. Thanks.

By mod do you mean APV - advanced personal vaporizer? You'll need batteries and a charger as well as a mod.
On the other hand - the Spinner is smaller than a mod but easy to use.
Maybe you could explain a bit what you mean by "mod" and what you had in mind.

GSpence21

May 29, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN, USA
Sorry I didn't explain very well, get on a rant and forget the details. When I say mod I mean a device that requires the use of interchangeable batteries, yes have been thinking about getting a VV/VW mod but I was talking about something that uses batteries and has nothing other than a fire button, something like a ePipe or an SID

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Sorry I didn't explain very well, get on a rant and forget the details. When I say mod I mean a device that requires the use of interchangeable batteries, yes have been thinking about getting a VV/VW mod but I was talking about something that uses batteries and has nothing other than a fire button, something like a ePipe or an SID

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OK. Well they are all manual when it comes to mods. The SID has some good reviews. What it pays to keep in mind is that with these mods there are features - battery check, ohms check. So it is quite convenient having a couple of separate buttons to see those - instead of clicking through a menu repeatedly with just one button that has to be used to access everything.
I have a look at the main vv/vw mods in this blog post if you're interested:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ariable-wattage-variable-voltage-mod-get.html

I'd also add that Sigelei also have a telescoping Zmax out which is getting good reports.
For batteries and chargers - I have posted some links which a lot of people have used:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/376482-vamo-battery-question.html#post8521341

I recommend taking a bit of time to look up a few different mods. A mod will give you longer battery life than a Spinner, and will be capable of more power.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Oops did mean a SID meant a smokteck natural

That's a mechanical mod - no regulation. The advantage is they are pretty hard to break as they are all mechanical. The disadvantage is you can't control the power level so they give you whatever the voltage of your battery is. Most people use them with a kick (a small piece of circuitry you manually add) to get variable wattage, or they use them with rebuildable atomizers because mechanicals don't have a cut off on low ohms.
If that's all a bit technical don't worry - the natural is a nice mod but you won't be able to set the temperature of your vape and fine tune it to suit the taste of different flavors like you can with a vv/vw mod, or with a Spinner. I think you need to do some reading and watch some reviews - take your time and see what mods have what features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread