Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
My personal suggestion would be for you to spend a good 1-2 months getting to know everything you possibly can before you decide to go any further, this section is generally reserved for people who know a whole lot about battery safety and are not looking for general advice on which mod to use. May seem harsh, but you'll only be frustrated if you rush into this.

Reactions: terrible2s

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Agree with what Froth said. Take your time to learn to build with the devices you currently have. Experiment with builds using 28-26AWG wire, coil positioning, airflow, power. Once you get your builds down, research batteries & safety, and also look beyond of what some manufacturer prints on their labels.

There is nothing 'sad' about a 0.7Ohm build :)
Lower isn't necessarily better and ohms don't say much about a build without knowing the wire type and gauge, number of wraps, diameter and number of coils.

Reactions: PisangLaut

mavap

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
colo spgs
I'm in the same exact situation have the istick 30w and got the mutation x v3. + I've done a lot of research and reading about batteries and safety. You have to know what you want first. If you don't mind a bulky mod I'd suggest the ipv4 or sigelei 100+ w with Samsung 25r batteries which will be over $100. For me I want something smaller which can go to 0.3 ohms and decided to get the SMPL clone mech mod for less than $20 to just try it out and if I like it I'll drop extra money for a better one.

I would do more research and know my limits and what I want

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Sigelei 100 plus has a 10 second cutoff which is to short of time to get it all revved up and a long lung hit. To hit under the 10 second cutoff the watts have to go so high it causes to much heat on drip tip and throat. But I guess it only matters how much cloud you are after. CHEERS!

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Sigeli 100w or 150w is a really solid device. $80-$100 depending on model
IMO its the best mod out of China in that ballpark and if I didn't start to use custom boxes with Raptor and OKL/OKR chips I would still have my OG Sig100 from pre order as well as my three 100w Plus Sigeli boxes and the 150 I won.

Now you need batteries+charger Get at minimum two pairs (I would get 8 batteries and a charger) (4) Sony VTC4s or Samsung 25rs, I would go with Sony personally seeing as its about a buck or two cheaper. Marry them i.e label them Sig 1, Sig 2 or something and ONLY use those cells with your Sig or whatever. Charge at same time and if you really want to be safe switch the sides they go in. Buy from a good source, I recommend illumn as I have never came across cheaper and more reliable cells. Get the charger from the same spot, the non digital Nitecore four bays which are simply last years model are dirt cheap, less then $20 I believe. $50ish if you get four cells.

Kanthal, quality cotton, tweezers, flush cutters, scissors, mini pliers (needle and reg, if you can get just one pair get needle nose), precision screwdrivers to wrap on and tighten screws haha and a GOOD ohm meter. Google usa ohm meters, only that will do for you cause ya sound like you wanna sub-ohm. Oh yea, thats another $30

$150 MINIUM. It is NOT CHEAP getting some decent gear but its an investment and if you wanna do it, do it right and safe. Go read TONS. You need to know how to use steam engine to calculate how many amps your pulling and you have to know ohms law. With a chip like the Sig you can build two 2ohm coils and have a 1ohm dual set up. Super sub-ohming is really pointless when you have a chip like the Sig has. Try a build like I said, I would use 24g and then hit it with 50w and go from there.

foolswithsometools

Apr 19, 2015
The 50w istick is good and goes down to .2 ohms (which doesnt really matter on a regulated box, but its nice to be able to do)
If you have a strong regulated mod you wont need to super subohm at all to get a high-power vape (a 50w istick would use a .5 build to a high voltage and good power, but it cant fire a .2 build over 3 volts), plus theres failsafes in the chips in case something goes wrong
Safe coil building isnt hard at all, and regulated mods wont ever try to pull more than a certain amperage (maximum 30amps for sigeleis and IPV3s and stuff, normally lower current draws) so youre safe battery wise, Id say to stick with regulated mods and not get into mechs until youre at least able to build the kind of vape build you want comfortably and consistently, it isnt hard but it takes practice. Plus regulated mods nowadays come with multiple batteries and almost the same limits as mechmods
If youre getting a sigelei and want clouds Id recommend a .6 ohm or so build, build it with thicker wire (like 24g, 26g) so nothing melts at high voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread