Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I almost always build my Trident V2 at .41 ohms on the dot. I do a 26 gauge 7 wrap dual coil, and it's a sleeper, so it's all one piece of wire. Little difficult to do on other attys, but the Trident has slotted connectors, rather than holes to put the wires in, so I just assemble the entire dual coil, and lay it in there. I've also had pretty good success with 30 gauge braided wire at around .4 ohms. The braided wire takes a bit to spool up, but other than that, it's very good. An abyss coil (mesh wrapped over kanthal) might be worth doing too, or mundys magic wire (some combination of twisted kanthal and ribbon wire). I did an abyss once, but didn't like it for some reason. It was a long time ago though.

I have no experience with ribbon wire myself. I have a small amount of it that I would like to try, but haven't gotten the motivation yet

1mouse3

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
dark side of the moon
for 28g for ~3.5mm I have had dual parallel 4.5 rap ~.3Ω, dual triple parallel 4.5 rap ~.2Ω an dual triple twisted 3.8 rap ~.2Ω and for 2.5mm I have a dual 5.5 rap at .6Ω. they all pull out good vapor at vearing levels, you could probably get a high .3Ω with a dual twisted 28g 4-4.5 rap 3.5mm coil

Last edited:

OperationMove

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Ohio, USA
My favorite build to hit around .4 is twisted 28g. I use about a 2.4mm drill bit, 7 wrap duals, and it meters exactly to .4 It still won't be a big cloud chaser until you go lower in ohms, unfortunately. You'd need to be using a regulated 100-150w device for a coil like that to really put out some clouds on a mutation X.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
.4 is my favorite vape. Lower than .3 is too intense for me. I use 26 gauge at 5-6 wraps around a 3/32" to get around that reading on anything I build. Heats up relatively quick, and is pretty smooth.

YMMV.
Just rebuilt my zenith with 26g 5 wraps on at 2mm screwdriver

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Just rebuilt my zenith with 26g 5 wraps on at 2mm screwdriver

You might want to double check the ohms or pick up a new ohm reader. I do 26 gauge 7 wraps around a 2.5mm bit and it comes out .41 ohms. Maybe its my ohm reader, maybe its yours, but 5 wraps around a 2mm bit should generate like .25 ohms. Your coils look much bigger than 2mm IMO though.

Food for thought!

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
It's kanthal not nichrome right? I hear nichrome has a tad less resistance than kanthal

Yep kanthal. I was building a coil for a customer one day in a friends shop and couldn't get it to go past .12 no matter how hard I tried lol didn't realize I was using non resistance wire they had in the same basket. I built the coils like 4 times before I thought to look at the wire I was using. It pays to pay attention lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread