Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
The lp is for larger atomizer. The non-lp are for smaller. If you want 18650 the grand is the one. I'd go for a lp grand and try to find an odin bf. I always see those and the nuppin but I hear the nuppin is as rare as unicorn farts.

Thank you very much for your recommendations....I'll get over to the Reo website.

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Hey dale. Followed you over here:) id suggest an lp reo grand, and an rm2. Since itll be your first rebuildable atty, rm2 is a solid choice and will be very forgiving for a fist timer.

Youllneed some quality batteries. You can get aw imr 1600mah 18650s from rtd vapor. As well as a quality charger. The luc, pila and xtar are all great chargers with battery voltage display. You can also get some kanthol a1 wire from rtd too. Usually newbies start with 28 or 30 guage. And dont forget a cartomete to measure the resistance of your builds. And some cotton to use for wick. Cvs organic cotton works fine.

Check out super xs vids on youtube for more info on battery safety and maintenance.

And dont be too intimidated. I know its alot of stuff to absorb. I just got into reos and rebuilding a few months ago. You can do it man!!

QuikDrawMcGraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario. Canada
I would suggest a LP grand. I started with a mini and although it has its place I like my grand just that much more.

As far as a atty's go, The only ones I have experience with are the rm4 and the rm6, both are nice because the top comes off easily, its just held on with the friction of an o-ring. This makes checking your wick a snap, good for beginner squonkers. Fear not, the cap only comes off when ya want it to.

Boy, you are in for a surprise considering you have not dripped! The first time I tried mine I could not believe the difference!!

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I'm firmly in the Low Profile Grand with (Low Profile) RM2 topper group. You'll be surprised at just how small the Grand is if you're worried about the size. The RM2 is an amazing little atomizer, easy to build on, has a ceramic deck, and great flavor.

Also, consider ordering an extra spring, which you probably will never use, in case you screw up a build and collapse the spring (it's like a fuse). Maybe an extra bottle or two.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I'm firmly in the Low Profile Grand with (Low Profile) RM2 topper group. You'll be surprised at just how small the Grand is if you're worried about the size. The RM2 is an amazing little atomizer, easy to build on, has a ceramic deck, and great flavor.

Also, consider ordering an extra spring, which you probably will never use, in case you screw up a build and collapse the spring (it's like a fuse). Maybe an extra bottle or two.

Thank you....!

-Dale

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
Thank you everyone...I'm not totally new to building coils, been building them for about a month now, they work well in my attys.

Thank you all for your advise....I'll wait for a few more recommendations before buying one (or two)......:)

-Dale
The grand and rm2 are quite the pair, and awesome to start out with. Cant go wrong there.

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
Here is a size comparison of the lp/sl and an iPhone.
4136fa982b34d02f16aa5f008f9270a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Mrs C's link will help you a lot. Mr. Russ is very informative.

I would go LP Grand for sure. I like the SL, I just like the way it looks.
I've never used an RM2, but hopefully fairtradesloth will see this. He has used both the RM2 and Odin.
I like the Odin, single coil or dual coils set up. Mr. Russ has great videos to build one. Fair easy to build on. If you can find one. I have 2 Odins.
I also use AW IMR 1600mah 18650s in mine from RTD Vapor

Size isn't too big. Here's a pictures, I've uploaded them before, but its for comparison as well.
In my hand

Compared to a 30ml bottle with dropper top.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You don't know me but I have used the rm2 for 10 ten months now and I haven't looked for anything else and 99.9% I won't. It is the easiest thing to build and I just can't imagine it can get any better. I have read so many posts about people having all different kinds of atty's and they still prefer the rm2. That sure says a lot, if you ask me. Good luck to you and I can't wait to see what you decide on and how much you love dripping. It honestly is a game changer. (just like the reo imo)

If you have any questions or concerns at all, please come see us in the reo lounge. Always some great people there and lucky for you, they know lots more than me.
girl_haha.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread