new to RTA world

Status
Not open for further replies.

amer.ali

Jan 26, 2020
hello guys
at first i just want to say sorry for my english as it my second language.

i want to tell a little about me. i start smoking about 16 year and use to in the last 3 or 4 year to smoke 2.5 pack a day.
at 2018 start to read about vaping and how it help people to stop smoking so i want to gave it a try but the problem was in my country is illegal still (even now) to order vape product online and there was some local online store but with out a variety for device and juice (and nic level) so i start with vaporesso revenger but the lack of the nicotine (the most juice was 3mg) and the DL it wasn't for me, so after 2 month i went back to cigarette.

moving forward to sep 2019 i start to read about the pod system and the salt nic so i buy the zero renova and start with 50mg salt work my way down to 25mg and life was great.

at the end of last month i start to charge the pod 5-6 time a day so i want to buy another one that when i found about the mtl tank so i start the search and find the ammit mtl rta.

the problem now is about the wicking at the first one of my friend did it for me with N80 3mm and came about .9 ohm with juice he made it 100vg 8mg nic and it was good.

after 4 or 5 days i want to try to do it :) i have the kanthal,N80,ss316L all 30ga and try them all
i did the coil 2.5 and 3 mm DI, i did every resistance betwin 0.7 to 1.8. i try the organic cotton koh gen do and the kendo cotton
i try 50/50 vg pg and 40/60 and 70/30 even the 100 vg nothing was working

so i wanna say it must be the wick or something i`m doing it wrong.

these is the last wick i did it. help me WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 1.07.10 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hello guys
at first i just want to say sorry for my english as it my second language.

i want to tell a little about me. i start smoking about 16 year and use to in the last 3 or 4 year to smoke 2.5 pack a day.
at 2018 start to read about vaping and how it help people to stop smoking so i want to gave it a try but the problem was in my country is illegal still (even now) to order vape product online and there was some local online store but with out a variety for device and juice (and nic level) so i start with vaporesso revenger but the lack of the nicotine (the most juice was 3mg) and the DL it wasn't for me, so after 2 month i went back to cigarette.

moving forward to sep 2019 i start to read about the pod system and the salt nic so i buy the zero renova and start with 50mg salt work my way down to 25mg and life was great.

at the end of last month i start to charge the pod 5-6 time a day so i want to buy another one that when i found about the mtl tank so i start the search and find the ammit mtl rta.

the problem now is about the wicking at the first one of my friend did it for me with N80 3mm and came about .9 ohm with juice he made it 100vg 8mg nic and it was good.

after 4 or 5 days i want to try to do it :) i have the kanthal,N80,ss316L all 30ga and try them all
i did the coil 2.5 and 3 mm DI, i did every resistance betwin 0.7 to 1.8. i try the organic cotton koh gen do and the kendo cotton
i try 50/50 vg pg and 40/60 and 70/30 even the 100 vg nothing was working

so i wanna say it must be the wick or something i`m doing it wrong.

these is the last wick i did it. help me View attachment 865975
Hi and welcome,
You are not alone...

Problem with AMMIT MTL RTA
Ammit MTL RTA

Best of luck
I

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
When you say nothing is working what exactly do you mean, are you getting dry hits,or is the tank leaking,no flavour ect.
Rtas can be a pain to get right when you first start building but the more you try the easier it gets,welcome and congratulations on giving up the stinkies.

I've had numerous failures with rtas when I first started but now it's like second nature,I still get it wrong from time to time

Last edited:

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
A few pointers.
Make sure your coil has no hotspots by pulsing the coil at a low wattage.
Cotton should be just tight enough with a little bit of resistance.
Make sure the cotton creates a dam in the juice holes and the cotton just touches the base of the deck and is not overly stuffed in because then you will get dry hits as the cotton will not draw the juice fast enough

amer.ali

Jan 26, 2020
the
When you say nothing is working what exactly do you mean, are you getting dry hits,or is the tank leaking,no flavour ect.
Rtas can be a pain to get right when you first start building but the more you try the easier it gets,welcome and congratulations on giving up the stinkies.

I've had numerous failures with rtas when I first started but now it's like second nature,I still get it wrong from time to time
problem is no vapor at all

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
the

problem is no vapor at all

Going from the NRG tank ( that comes with the Revenger) to to the Ammit is like going from a fire hose to a coffee stirrer. You’re not going to get 1/5 as much vapor from the Ammit.

This is a true mtl tank. That’s not saying it can’t work for you, but you’ll need to understand it’s not going to give the same type of vape at all.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
When you first fit the coil before adding the cotton, fire the coil on a low wattage and increase wattage until you see an even dull orange glow, there should be no bright orange spots, when that is correct start fitting the cotton, the ammit looks like a pretty good deck to build on,make sure the cotton has a little resistance going through the coil, fluff the cotton tails as needed and trim then insert tails into the juice holes so that the cotton tails just touches the base of the deck, if the tails have been trimmed correctly you should have cotton shoulders around you coil something like this
20190916_164207.jpg

Reactions: stols001

amer.ali

Jan 26, 2020
Going from the NRG tank ( that comes with the Revenger) to to the Ammit is like going from a fire hose to a coffee stirrer. You’re not going to get 1/5 as much vapor from the Ammit.

This is a true mtl tank. That’s not saying it can’t work for you, but you’ll need to understand it’s not going to give the same type of vape at all.
i stop using the NRG in 2018 but still have the mod

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I suggest to start again, do the coil first and check for hotspots then fit cotton using the tips provided, then prime the coil and cotton with your preferred juice, as you are priming put a few drops of juice on the coil and give the coil a little pulse, you should see the juice completely sucked into the coil, when primed rebuild the tank and put the juice in ,leave for a few minutes and then you should be good to go

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No specific advice for that tank but some folks do better with a different wicking material, for me it was rayon.. It plays to my strengths (overstuffing)because it shrinks when wet and cotton expands.

I could not get a non leaking atomizer to save my life until I went with rayon, and after that it was EASY(er.) I am not saying cotton cannot work for you, and yes, that is a finicky tank for sure, and you picked a doozy for your first one (so I hear) but the good news is, you get this one going, everything else will be gravy. I am just saying I can offer no pointers with COTTON.

Should you decide to explore the wild world of rayon (the good news is it is ONE vape product that should be easier to get than others) start here:

Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

It's great, forgiving (IMHO) and the wick will last longer and withstand more heat. I also saturate mine and dry burn as I am placing my tails as I find it easier to manipulate when wet and it burns off any "rayon" taste, not that there is that much to breaking it in fresh (others may disagree with me.)

Best of luck however you proceed!

Anna

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Hello and welcome

I know the Ammit mtl rta very well

My favourite build was always a twisted 26 or a simple clapton both 2.5mm inner diameter and properly spaced wraps. I like restricted dl (possible with this atty) and my build was between .35 to .45. Used as high as 3.5mm just to test and it's doable.

For wick, normally tight in coil and room to leav3 some shoulders. Fill the wick ports well without making it too tight. Wick ends almost or slightly touching deck.

No vapour means you possibly have a short. If it tastes metalic it's a great sign. Make sure you cut the leads very flush or they will hit the dome. Very easy short on this atomizer.

For flavour, Centered to airflow and raised as possible.

I loved it except it gets hot chain vaping. Great build quality. Easy to build and wick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread