New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper40

Mar 18, 2019
Southeast Tennessee
I am new here and wanted to tell you a little about myself.

I was smoking almost 3 packs a day, smoking for over 20 years. I started vaping a little over 6 years ago and went down to a pack a day but could never quit. I started off on ego batteries with disposable ce4 clearomizers. I have had and tried everything: cigalikes, ego batteries with disposable ce4's, probably around 20+ different high powered and low powered regulated and mechanical mods, rta's, rda's, MTL tanks and sub ohm tanks, other pod devices, every level of nic from 0 to 48mg in freebase and up tp 50mg in other pod setups. Nothing could keep me away from the cigarettes.
I have been dual using. I bought a Smok Nord yesterday and using the 1.4 coils with 24 mg salt nic (I also have 35 mg salt nic if I need it). I believe I have finally found my quitting setup. The 1.4 is more like a very restricted DTL for me, which works out because I am used to high powered DTL on subohm. I have had 1 cigarette since buying it and it tasted horrible. I even went online today and bought 2 more Nords so I will always have one charged. Hopefully this will be the device and nic combo that does it. I helped my mother quit a 40 year habit a few years ago by introducing her to vape but I've never been able to completely quit myself.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. Concentrate on the ones that you haven't had vice the cigs you have had. If quitting cigarettes was easy there wouldn't be a need for vaping. However, it will take a huge effort on your part to get to the place where you no longer reach for the pack.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I bought a Smok Nord yesterday and using the 1.4 coils with 24 mg salt nic (I also have 35 mg salt nic if I need it). I believe I have finally found my quitting setup. The 1.4 is more like a very restricted DTL for me, which works out because I am used to high powered DTL on subohm. I have had 1 cigarette since buying it and it tasted horrible. I even went online today and bought 2 more Nords so I will always have one charged. Hopefully this will be the device and nic combo that does it. I helped my mother quit a 40 year habit a few years ago by introducing her to vape but I've never been able to completely quit myself.

Right On vaper40.

I Truly believe that there is a Set-Up out there anyone who Really Wants to quit smoking. And it sounds like you may have found yours.

:thumb:

Reactions: Plumes.91

vaper40

Mar 18, 2019
Southeast Tennessee
get off of those things before they kill you man. all it takes is a few years of aggravated inflammation turned to tumor & you're doomed to the hell of laying in a hospital bed too weak to lift your head as you wait to die. :) welcome!
I know that all too well. I've lost several family members to lung diseases and lung cancer, including both grandmothers.

• Love
Reactions: Plumes.91
Hello and welcome to ECF. Concentrate on the ones that you haven't had vice the cigs you have had. If quitting cigarettes was easy there wouldn't be a need for vaping. However, it will take a huge effort on your part to get to the place where you no longer reach for the pack.
Thank you for the encouragement.

Reactions: Diver9543
Right On vaper40.

I Truly believe that there is a Set-Up out there anyone who Really Wants to quit smoking. And it sounds like you may have found yours.

:thumb:
I hope so, hubby is very supportive of my vaping, but I'm sure he's tired of me spending money on a seemingly endless stream of new devices and juices.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hope so, hubby is very supportive of my vaping, but I'm sure he's tired of me spending money on a seemingly endless stream of new devices and juices.

When I switched to e-Cigarettes, I was spending about $165+/Month on Cigarettes. I told myself I didn't care if I spent that Every Month on e-Cigarette Starter Kits. Because smoking was Slowly Killing me.

So I bought Starter Kit after Starter Kit after Starter Kit. As well as Attys and e-Liquids. Really got on a 1st name basis with my Mailman.

LOL

I got there Eventually. I also got a Big Drawer full of Stuff that I later ended up giving away.

Just keep Plugging Along. Because like someone Told me, once you Smoke your Last Cigarette, it just gets Easier from there.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ooh, I neglected to warn you, here on ECF we not only give advice but we also are very good at helping you spend your money. ;);) :toast:

Ooh, I neglected to warn you, here on ECF we not only give advice but we also are very good at helping you spend your money. ;);) :toast:
Believe me I don’t need any help doing that. Vapes, e-juice, purses, wallets, cookbooks, and metal travel cups are my vice. I have no trouble spending money.

Reactions: Diver9543

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard ... getting off of cigarettes isn't the easiest thing in the world but if you really want to you'll do it this time.

Instead of thinking about not smoking and using vaping as a substitute, it might help if you try to do the mental shift and try to enjoy vaping just for itself, enjoying the moment and savouring your vape.

If we can offer any help - just ask.

Good luck on the journey!

Welcome aboard ... getting off of cigarettes isn't the easiest thing in the world but if you really want to you'll do it this time.

Instead of thinking about not smoking and using vaping as a substitute, it might help if you try to do the mental shift and try to enjoy vaping just for itself, enjoying the moment and savouring your vape.

If we can offer any help - just ask.

Good luck on the journey!
Thank you, I'm sure it will stick this time, my mindset has shifted.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I am new here and wanted to tell you a little about myself.

I was smoking almost 3 packs a day, smoking for over 20 years. I started vaping a little over 6 years ago and went down to a pack a day but could never quit. I started off on ego batteries with disposable ce4 clearomizers. I have had and tried everything: cigalikes, ego batteries with disposable ce4's, probably around 20+ different high powered and low powered regulated and mechanical mods, rta's, rda's, MTL tanks and sub ohm tanks, other pod devices, every level of nic from 0 to 48mg in freebase and up tp 50mg in other pod setups. Nothing could keep me away from the cigarettes.
I have been dual using. I bought a Smok Nord yesterday and using the 1.4 coils with 24 mg salt nic (I also have 35 mg salt nic if I need it). I believe I have finally found my quitting setup. The 1.4 is more like a very restricted DTL for me, which works out because I am used to high powered DTL on subohm. I have had 1 cigarette since buying it and it tasted horrible. I even went online today and bought 2 more Nords so I will always have one charged. Hopefully this will be the device and nic combo that does it. I helped my mother quit a 40 year habit a few years ago by introducing her to vape but I've never been able to completely quit myself.

Welcome and Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread