New to this...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithinkbutn2m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
I just started using my Vapor King today and would like to get a few suggestions...

I smoke Camel Lights @ 1 pack/day. From what I can gather online, a cigarettes gives you around 1-1.2mg of nicotine.

I am currently using the 18mg Kamel cartomizers. The flavor is okay I suppose...it tastes like the older Camel cigarettes. The Camel Lights I was smoking was a mix of domestic and turkish tobacco and had a different flavor. Anyway...I was probably getting anywhere from 20-24mg of nicotine per day.

Any suggestions on nicotine content or flavors?

Also, when will I know when my cartomizer is empty?

Last edited:

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Well most of old timers go by "if it stops the cravings without trying to breath through the ecig then it's right". I started out at 24mg but most people start at 18mg, and don't try to drop you level too quick, I've taken a year and a half to get to 12mg. As far as flavors go, that's up to you, everyone's tastes are different.

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
18mg may be a little high for you, but the only way to find out is to experiment! I keep several different strengths of my favorite flavors on hand for when I need that extra bump -- are you using premium Kamel or wowKamel? Whichever you're using you might like to try the other version -- I personally prefer the wowKamel as it seems a little smoother, but everybody's tastes are different.
If you're buying the juice bottles instead of the pre-filled carto's, you can always mix different flavored juices together to see what you like. Maybe a little cowboy or 555 on top of the kamel...
Welcome to v4l:)

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Here you go ithink.....Welcome to forum!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/205259-how-dial-your-nicotine-level.html

I would also suggest you visit my Youtube Channel, not because I am a Vid Pimp but it will help answer many of your questions which plague all new Vapers.

‪TeamKR808's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Good luck with your first week, it will be a real struggle at times, just remember every hour without a ciggie is a victory. Your gonna be using e-cig like a pacifier for the first month, so you'll be hitting it every 3-5 minutes. At that rate your Cartos are going to last about 1.5-2 hours depending on how you to take a drag. When you notice the flavor and vapor start to diminish....it's a sign that your Cartos is about through.

Remember....vaping is not like smoking...a slow measured draw wins the game and produces the best flavor and most vapor. Short, hard draws, will heat up your atomizer, shorten the lifespan of your Cartomizer, and most likely lead to a burnt carto.

Taste are subjective...but here is what I recommend to my friends

Wow Peppermint
Wowboy
Wow 555
Wow Nuport
Premium Grape
RazzWow

I also recommend that after 2 weeks, if you are still vaping to switch over to buying Juices and Blanks....some say there isn't a difference in taste....I beg to differ. Read the link above carefully and order 2 levels of nic until you dial in your sweet spot...it will save you both time and money down the road.

Look into signing up for the Family Discount and Text Notifications for Sales, this will also save you $$$. If you need the links for either...just say so and somebody if not me will pm them to you.

:2cool:

Last edited:

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
Welcome to vaping ithink! Like others have suggested, get different flavors and strengths, even non-tobacco flavors might surprise you :)
As soon as the flavor drops off it's time to re-fill or top off. If it tastes burnt it usually means it's gone, try to not let that happen, but you usually have to 'kill' a few to get the hang of it.
Some cartos can last for weeks, you can clean them and that might help to prolong their life.
Lots of great info in the 'stickies' at the top of the page for newbies, hope you enjoy vaping as much as most of us do!:vapor:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Thank you!

How can I tell when my cartomizer is empty and how many times can I refill my cartomizer?

When you start to lose flavor and vapor, stop using it immediately and refill. You can refill as many times as you want...until it starts to feel like you're sucking a milkshake through a stir stick.

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
OOOHHH I just started a few weeks ago... So I know what you are going through:

Ok so flavor drop off "hard to tell when you are new" My best description is it will start tasting like you put your mouth around a fog machine.

You probably won't feel a Nic buzz for a few days yet... but just vape here and there until you get over that initial urge.... soon your body will start absorbing the nictotine better and you will buzz out. I started WAY to high and am currently sitting at 18 mg's... So I think if you are a 3/4 pack to pack a day... this may work for you... but like Snow posted read that thread

Also I would reccomend reading the Welcome Mat in the Stickies

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I tend to top off with a couple of drops before I vape every time. I make sure the carto filler looks "slushy", but not so that there is any excess liquid just sitting there. By keeping the carto as wet as possible (but not overfilling it) you will make it last as long as possible. I agree with the other comments about flavor dropping off and a harder draw toward the end....after a while you'll get used to recognizing it.

May I ask if you are using an automatic or a manual? If you're using a manual, you can be a little more careless about overfilling the cartos. Autos don't give you as much mercy.

Definitely watch Snow's videos. They will get you off on the right foot far quicker than figuring it out as you go. Trust me, I went that route for a while ;)

Even with all the help, tips, and advice in the world, you're likely to ruin cartos at a discouraging rate for a little bit. Don't give up! Eventually, the expense will taper off as you get in a groove. I'm just now starting to work off my initial investments covering up for my screw ups...errr...learning experiences :lol:

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Plant Lvr, is your new avatar a natural bonsai?
Oops, nothing to add to thread really. Umm, thinks, better say something.

I have long struggled to tell when drop off is battery or carto until I realised that using an auto shorty diamond = 1 cart. Now I just change cartos when I change batteries. There can be more battery or cart life, but to make life easier, I change both together now.

(Did I get away with it? :laugh:)

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
As others have answered your technical questions, I'll give you my favorites on flavors:

Butterscotch
Caramel
Waffle AND Pancake!
Grape (tastes like a grape soda or grape Bubble Yum)
Peppermint ice cream
Any of the coffee/frappe flavors - must have those with my morning coffee!

And, I have a soft spot for licorice and clove. They're both quite strong in flavor, so I order them in a lower nic level than my usual.

I do not like the tobacco flavors at all, but I did start with a few.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread