New to vaping again

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Hi! I napped for a few months in 2008 on the dse-901 and kr808-d1. I gave up after a few bad dekang flavors. I had other reasons, but that was what did it. So a week ago, I decided to give it another go. I had a ccell and battery lying around, and on a whim, I went to the vape shop and picked up some eliquid. A week later, and I can't stand analog. I picked up a few Rocks to tide me over until next month, and am planning on getting a smok Nord. If that can't produce enough flavor for me, I'll grab a DNA go a month after that. That's as far as I'll be going. I'm not looking to build attys or mods. I would like to get into mixing my own juice, and would love to find something like the old 901 atty that I can just screw on a small pen battery or usb pass through for easy drip testing, but haven't kept up on what's available right now. Any help would be great, both in atty selection or figuring out a better solution. Again, I'm not looking to build attys or mess with 18650s. Thanks.

Reactions: Izan

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi! I napped for a few months in 2008 on the dse-901 and kr808-d1. I gave up after a few bad dekang flavors. I had other reasons, but that was what did it. So a week ago, I decided to give it another go. I had a ccell and battery lying around, and on a whim, I went to the vape shop and picked up some eliquid. A week later, and I can't stand analog. I picked up a few Rocks to tide me over until next month, and am planning on getting a smok Nord. If that can't produce enough flavor for me, I'll grab a DNA go a month after that. That's as far as I'll be going. I'm not looking to build attys or mods. I would like to get into mixing my own juice, and would love to find something like the old 901 atty that I can just screw on a small pen battery or usb pass through for easy drip testing, but haven't kept up on what's available right now. Any help would be great, both in atty selection or figuring out a better solution. Again, I'm not looking to build attys or mess with 18650s. Thanks.

Hi HigherStateD. Welcome to the ECF.

Yeah... stuff sure has Changed since the DSE-901/KR808 days. Exponentially Changed. It sounds like what for is a Drop in Coil type atomizer. Which most people call a "Tank".

I don't really use those much anymore. But I can Bump your thread for some Recommendations.

As for mixing your own e-Liquids, the ECF has an Entire Section dedicated to just that. And there is Tons of Information on All-Things DIY.

DIY E-Liquid

• Agree
Reactions: Opinionated

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Yeah, stuff has changed a lot, and in someways, stayed similar. I even remember a few pod style devices back then, although not called that. I guess other than ccell carts, I'm not going to find much in the way of cheap disposable attys. Is there a drop in or tank that a 180-280maH pen style battery can power properly? I'm hoping to come close to power output of what ever pod I end up using, most likely the smok Nord. If it requires inserting coil wires to posts, or more power than a simple battery, or at worst, a USB could provide, it will probably be too costly, to fiddly to maintain for 20/400 vision, and spoil me on flavor. Also, my arms aren't capable of comfortably lifting something that weighs much more than a 5" Android for more than a few puffs... Something much heavier than a few Oz is a nonstarter. Thanks again.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Is there a drop in or tank that a 180-280maH pen style battery can power properly? ...

That might be a Little Tough. A small Battery like that just doesn't have a lot of Oomph to drive a more Modern Tank.

If I was doing it all over Today, I would go with a complete Modern kit. Like I said, I'm not really a Drop in Coil user. But I have seen Many people recommend this Kit (or something similar) to someone like yourself.

Innokin Kroma-A 75W & Zenith Tank Starter Kit | Vape Kits

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
That might be a Little Tough. A small Battery like that just doesn't have a lot of Oomph to drive a more Modern Tank.

If I was doing it all over Today, I would go with a complete Modern kit. Like I said, I'm not really a Drop in Coil user. But I have seen Many people recommend this Kit (or something similar) to someone like yourself.

Innokin Kroma-A 75W & Zenith Tank Starter Kit | Vape Kits
So, looking over that kit, it doesn't look bad, but for being fiddly with attys. Maybe I should look into the concentrate off shoot of vaping? Maybe a yucan hive with single coil replacements coming in at 3$ a pop? Looks like it would fit my needs at half the cost. I do have something I *could* use, but I think it might be Overkill... The TC port by greenlight Vapes... I use it as a table top so as not to have to pick it up. No exposed coil or wick, but the skillet gets up to 800°F in 10° increments. I guess it's work for testing flavors. Any thoughts?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Yeah, stuff has changed a lot, and in someways, stayed similar. I even remember a few pod style devices back then, although not called that. I guess other than ccell carts, I'm not going to find much in the way of cheap disposable attys. Is there a drop in or tank that a 180-280maH pen style battery can power properly? I'm hoping to come close to power output of what ever pod I end up using, most likely the smok Nord. If it requires inserting coil wires to posts, or more power than a simple battery, or at worst, a USB could provide, it will probably be too costly, to fiddly to maintain for 20/400 vision, and spoil me on flavor. Also, my arms aren't capable of comfortably lifting something that weighs much more than a 5" Android for more than a few puffs... Something much heavier than a few Oz is a nonstarter. Thanks again.

Hi and welcome back to the vaping world :)

The zenith is a good suggestion but there are also lots of similar kits with built in batteries which might suit you and may be lighter.

In terms of lightness a pod may be your thing...I have the ROTA and the Vladdin RE. You have to buy replacement pods/coils but they are refillable until the coil goes. I love mine with high strength nic salts although they're not my style of vaping and they don't replace my mods and RDA's. Again there are loads of these that might suit so you probably need to do some research amongst what's available and then make a desicion. Here is a link to fasttech...you may not buy from here but they have nearly everything that's available.

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

Good luck to you and keep it up...it's much better for your health :)

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Hi and welcome back to the vaping world :)

The zenith is a good suggestion but there are also lots of similar kits with built in batteries which might suit you and may be lighter.

In terms of lightness a pod may be your thing...I have the ROTA and the Vladdin RE. You have to buy replacement pods/coils but they are refillable until the coil goes. I love mine with high strength nic salts although they're not my style of vaping and they don't replace my mods and RDA's. Again there are loads of these that might suit so you probably need to do some research amongst what's available and then make a desicion. Here is a link to fasttech...you may not buy from here but they have nearly everything that's available.

Good luck to you and keep it up...it's much better for your health :)
Yeah, I've seen fastech, and people keep saying I should just build an RDA for testing flavors and such, but I need a magnifier to read my phone. I doubt trying to recoil even a prewound coil is going to be any fun while nic fitting. I'm just looking for the least kit I can use for testing for pod use, so a good setup would probably either not replicate what a pod would, or ruin me from pods, or both. Buying ce4 carts seems like the quickest solution, although wasteful, and cleaning becomes more of an issue.

Reactions: charlie1465

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Yeah, I've seen fastech, and people keep saying I should just build an RDA for testing flavors and such, but I need a magnifier to read my phone. I doubt trying to recoil even a prewound coil is going to be any fun while nic fitting. I'm just looking for the least kit I can use for testing for pod use, so a good setup would probably either not replicate what a pod would, or ruin me from pods, or both. Buying ce4 carts seems like the quickest solution, although wasteful, and cleaning becomes more of an issue.

Yes i understand. I linked the fasttech site so that you could explore nearly all the options out there before making a desicion. The way I buy something new to me is to find something that looks like it fits the bill and then research it like crazy..you know youtube etc etc until I am fairly sure my initial thoughts are correct.

It works for me so maybe it'll work for you....good luck :)

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Yeah... Fastech is great if you know what you're looking for, but it's difficult for me to compare products and find similar things, plus, it seems everything like what I want is discord. Maybe a vuse or njoy? I'd really like to avoid rebuildable, or mod devices if possible. It's very frustrating trying to find "original joyetech 510 atomizers" when everything is a 510 threaded atty.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I saw a recommendation for a JEM...

Awesome little mod and the first one that I liked, before I found what I wanted....
images

jem-3.jpg

Reactions: Izan

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
That's awesome! That site has a variety as well. It warms up hat it'll pop a ego or pen style battery, but I'm guessing on a passthrough the atty would be what to worry about. I have seen them cheaper on other sites, but I'm not sure if they are reputable/ghost web page. Thanks.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Yeah... Fastech is great if you know what you're looking for, but it's difficult for me to compare products and find similar things, plus, it seems everything like what I want is discord. Maybe a vuse or njoy? I'd really like to avoid rebuildable, or mod devices if possible. It's very frustrating trying to find "original joyetech 510 atomizers" when everything is a 510 threaded atty.

Found lots with this search...took 15 secs....

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread