New to vaping and to this forum, hello ya'll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro76

Oct 18, 2016
Hi guys, if my post is in the wrong place please forgive me, still trying to get the hang of this forum. Well, like the title suggests I'm relatively new to this, dabbled a little with the really average kind of e-cig (Can't remember the model) but it was the pen-like type with the temperature dial on the bottom, but I broke the glass mouth piece by accident and with zero experience I just gave up and went back to normal cigarettes. Friends of mine had been on the more advanced (?) vape system for a while now and I'm trying to quit smoking (lol again) because of my girlfriend's constant nagging and unnecessary additional expenditure so I decided to try this out, the non-nicotine version. Problem is, ''locally'' I have absolutely no idea where to purchase one and I have no clue as to what the 'coiling' or 'atomizer' thing is, if any veterans could you know, guide me a little that would be great.

Sorry if I missed out on a post that already answered my questions.
Thanks and cheers!

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Howdy, Welcome to ECF.
If your buddys are willing you can try out the set-ups they have to decide what you like and more importantly, what you do not like about those set-ups.

This will give you a great advantage over those of us that had to pay to try out different set-ups.

If you like what one of your buds has just get one of those. Cheers.

@BrotherBob always has links handy to help out new vapers.
Maybe he'll show up here, he's always good that way. Thanks Brotherbob.

dutchdubs

Dec 19, 2014
BK
Hey welcome to the forum and congrats on making the decision to give vaping another shot! Depending on what area you're in you should be able to walk into any vape shop and get a breakdown of how it all works. Type "vape shop" into google maps and see what comes up. It can be intimidating at first but a good vape shop will point you in the right direction. Maybe if you let us know where you are someone with local experience can offer advice on where to go. There are many many options when it comes to atomizers, coils, etc but really only two basic components: batteries and atomizers. For a beginner I'd recommend getting a tank with replaceable coils and a variable voltage mod. Both of these items can get fancy / expensive but in my experience the higher voltage mods and temperature control features aren't really necessary when starting out so look for something simple and reliable.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
If you're attempting to use vaping to quit smoking going straight to non-nicotine won't satisfy your nicotine cravings, which could turn you back to the smokes. You can taper your nicotine level down over time, after the cigarette habit is broken. Brother Bob will probably post a bunch of helpful links for you about stuff beginners should know and vaping language, etc. I found my local vape store on yelp and went into them because they had good reviews.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome.
You should certainly check out any systems your friends are using; nothing better than 'try before you buy'.
Just one word of warning. The ecig industry is full of rip-offs and brands that will take your money and sell you junk. Fake reviews, fake review sites, brands that call themselves #1 to charge you $120 for a $25 ecig. Google cannot be trusted either. Find something you like, compare prices at independent stores and you can avoid these nasty brands.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi guys, if my post is in the wrong place please forgive me, still trying to get the hang of this forum. Well, like the title suggests I'm relatively new to this, dabbled a little with the really average kind of e-cig (Can't remember the model) but it was the pen-like type with the temperature dial on the bottom, but I broke the glass mouth piece by accident and with zero experience I just gave up and went back to normal cigarettes. Friends of mine had been on the more advanced (?) vape system for a while now and I'm trying to quit smoking (lol again) because of my girlfriend's constant nagging and unnecessary additional expenditure so I decided to try this out, the non-nicotine version. Problem is, ''locally'' I have absolutely no idea where to purchase one and I have no clue as to what the 'coiling' or 'atomizer' thing is, if any veterans could you know, guide me a little that would be great.

Sorry if I missed out on a post that already answered my questions.
Thanks and cheers!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Hitmetwice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread