New to vaping, Cool Fire 2 experience/review, advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have lurked around these forums for a little bit (not enough clearly) seeking info from time to time but I haven't posted or registered until now. I just wanted to share my experience trying to get started with e-cigarettes. I am hoping that someone who is looking to get started vaping will learn from my experiences.

Anyhow, I wanted to start vaping instead of smoking tobacco but I knew nothing about the different components, etc.. Furthermore, whenever I looked up a product or starter kit online, all of the reviews seemed to be people paid by the producers of the product. So, I decided to go to a local smoke shop and see if they could point me in the right direction. Also please excuse my vernacular regarding e-cigarrettes; I am new to it and i'm sure it is pretty bad.

Long story short the people there sold me on the "Cool Fire 2" by Innokin starter kit that comes with the iclear 30b whatever. Their friend "chris" who vapes "loves it". I spent 99$ for the kit plus extra for a battery and charger for the battery. When I got home and had been using it for a few hours, I googled this product to find out that the same kit can be purchased for 39.99$ on the internet. Oh well, I figured that is the price for getting some advice from people who know more about these things and have a brick and mortar store.

Well, withing 24-48 hours of having the product I realized that the juice leaks in such a way that it is litterally oozing out of the button you push to begin the vaping product. I have cleaned it out several times carefully and made sure that everything is secure and put together properly and none of that makes a difference, it keeps doing this. It makes a gurgling noice when I try to take a draw. I can spend 30 minutes cleaning all the parts and making sure everything is in place and then literally within minutes it is getting juice in my mouth when i try to take a toke and while it does produce decent experience about 25% of the time, this is just ridiculous. Below are some pictures

photo 4.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 1.jpg

Hopefully someone will learn from me not to trust any old smoke shop employee as actually having a clue what they are talking about or most of the videos posted on youtube, etc. I really suggest getting good recommendations from a trusted member here (i.e. a real person that isn't being paid to make posts) or someone that you know personally that vapes. The people at the store kept going on about how high quality this is and all that and then I get home to find out is junk from China that loses all functionality within a few hours.

And yes, I am aware that no production process is perfect and maybe I just got very unlucky with a defect, etc. But when I type iclear 30b into google the auto search suggestions include "iclear 30b leaking" as the third most popular choice. When I bought it they said the company stands by their product so much that I can contact them directly for repairs, replacements, etc. if anything goes wrong. Great, I can skype/email with someone in China and wait a month to get a new/repaired 3rd rate product.

Thanks innokin, I wont be back.

If anyone has any suggestions for decent starting setups that aren't too complicated and are reliable and reasonably prices (<120$) I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread