New to vaping, feeling dizzy and lightheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
Hi all.

I've been smoking over for over 23 years now.
I smoke a package of medium cigarets each day (Pall Mall blue 0,6mg nicotin )

Just tryed vaping yesterday and was recomended that I start out with a ejucie with 0.6 mg of nicotin. The vaping device is a ego aio. 0,6 ohm coil.

After a few hours i start feeling ill. Lightheaded and dizzy. I never got that feeling from normal cigaretts. I didn't smoke more then usual. 10 puff once a hour.
I google the symptoms at once, and it looks like a nicotine overdose/poisoning

Today (12 hours after ) i still feel ill, and some what distance from reality?

So I hope getting some good advice here. Should I reduce my nicotine strength? (is'nt 0.6mg realy low? )

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Torkild

10 puffs once an hour x 0.6mg liquid = probably not overdose, no.

We have lots of cigarettes in the UK 'rated' at 0.7mg nicotine. This is the yield measured on a robot. Humans take more nicotine in general.
One pack (of yours) is 12mg per day. You are probably not exceeding that with 6mg liquid unless you are vaping your AIO and filling it at least twice.

If you drop strength, you might be OK, but stopping smoking requires willpower regardless of replacing the nicotine.

My opinion (which other people will not always agree with) is that you are using a 20-24 watt device. This extra power means you can use lower strength liquid, but does not take into account
1. Not smoking and 2. Getting used to vaping.

Until your body gets used to both 1. and 2. you might have some issues. I had issues for at least 6 months with dizzyness, tiredness, dry mouth etc.

Back when vaping hardware was just starting to use tanks (clearomizers) people often chose 18mg or 12mg liquid. 6mg is not high, but at this power, it should match (or exceed) the nicotine from those early devices which vaped at 6-8 watts.

The only way to see if it's the vaping or the nicotine is to try a lower strength. Personally, as someone who has given out eGo AIOs to people to try vaping, it's not often 6mg is too much. My latest 'convert' is using 9mg which I mixed up.

I used 2ml of 18mg. She is using 4ml of 9mg. That's the same in my opinion, only she is getting it faster with much, much more vapor.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. So tell us about the ejuice you are using? Is it a tobacco flavor? Do you know the pg/vg ratio. This will help us to help you.

Oh, and with vaping, please increase the amounts of your liquid intake. As you have probably noticed your mouth dries out when vaping. So drink more of your fav beverages.

:)

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
We have a household of vapers here and when you start off adjusting from smoking to vaping can have it's issues as even the technique of how to draw is slightly different. One of our lot was suffering in a similar way to you as she wasn't self regulating. A vendor VapeClub which is here in the UK but posts to YouTube has some excellent videos regarding this sort of thing. My step daughter struggled as she was chain vaping at home almost due to withdrawal from the habit of smoking, but not from the nicotine itself. Think about how you smoke. If you go through a pack a day you wouldn't be smoking 10 puffs an hour constantly. Have 2 or 3 puffs. Then leave it. Put it down more like you would when a cigarette ended. If you keep it in your hand and just keep puffing it would be like chain smoking constantly. Pick it up again when you feel the need not just because it's there. You'll find your way but just remember it is a whole new habit and will take a little trial and error and a bit of work. Don't be put off it's well worth it in the end!

Torkild

Apr 24, 2017
yeah.. i realy want to drop the cigarettes. But this feeling is making me feel so bad.. So far today, i haven't used the Ego at all. Still dizzy and "sick" and now it's been about 15 hours.

I have som colleagues on work that "vapes" all of them smoked light cigaretts and uses between 6 and 12 mg Nic.
Non of them had the same issues, so naturally i am a bit afraid.

Only one or two puff and hour? that seems low ..
The urge and sensation of something hitting the back of ur thorat and goes in/out of ur lungs is half the experience.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Everyone is different though. What you colleagues can do may not suit you. What I was indicating was that you may have overdone it a little for yourself to start with. Once you feel better you may be best off to start slowly and then increase gradually until you get used to it. It may be worth you trying just a different brand or type of liquid? I haven't got on with certain liquids and for no sensible reason. Maybe the flavourings didn't agree with me whilst others find it fine... If you really do feel unwell for a prolonged period it is possible you should seek medical advice. I'm not a doctor so you will be the best judge of whether that is the case.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Part of that "feeling off" is that you're not taking in all the other nasty stuff you are use to from cigarettes.
The nicotine is helping to keep off the cravings, but your body is use to what the burning cigarette gives you. Basically, your body is having withdraw symptoms. It can mess you up a bit for a about a week or so, you may get headaches, sweats, etc..
Drink plenty of fluids, keep on vaping, don't pick up a cigarette and you'll get through it fine!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@ supplyDaddy: i've smoked regular cigarettes only so far today.
I don't plan to move 100% straight away (but every other cigarette i choose vaping instead ) And then scale down so my body /brain get use too it.

yesterday i startet vaping from 1600- 2400 (midnight)
Having just said that you are still dual using explains the over nic'ed feeling. I would see a dr but I would also slow down on both the stinkies and the vaping until you feel better again. Drink some extra water or fav beverage and get something to eat and don't smoke or vape during that time. That feeling should go away in an hour or two. If you are still feeling ill, then its something else and seeking a dr is the way to go.
Good luck and let us know.

:)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Are you direct lung inhaling? If so, there is a trade off compared to mtl. With mtl vaping, you can get that TH by using higher nic and because your not inhaling massive amounts of vapor, you probably won't feel the effects of being nic sick. But if one is doing lung inhales, most have to lower nic because of the increased amount of vapor, thus loosing TH. So if you enjoy DL inhales, the trade off is more vapor and less TH and it takes a bit of time to find what lower amount of nic you need so you won't feel that dizziness. Or you just might find a nic amount that does give you a little TH and in time you body just might get use to that nic sick feeling. Personally I'm big on TH, it's my number one thing I desire in vaping and never could DL all the time because of that, but you will get use to that feeling, it just takes a bit of time

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread