New to vaping in PA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookman78

May 25, 2013
harrisville, PA
HI!! Im relatively new to vaping and need some guidance.....I currently have an ego-t 650mah, I recently upgraded to it from my 510 auto bat, and I recently ordered a kanger evod 650mah bat that will b here Tuesday along with the kanger evod clearomizer....anyway, my main question is if anyone knows where I can get the best cheap cartomizers at, I have looked around, but need some suggestions, and also, which do u prefer, a clearomizer or a cart?...im not so much into the "tobacco" flavor as I am just the flavor of the juice, I just received my order from mtbaker and I want to bring out the BEST flavor of my juices.....What do u recommend???

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I made a picture dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices. I included a description, pictures in use, and a video on how to fill them. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

I have a list of online vendors that sell pre-punched cartomizers for cartotanks in the next link. You wouldn't want the pre-punched ones, but at least you will have a list of vendors that sell cartomizers to research: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

The other articles I've written might be a little advanced for your current stage in vaping, but you might enjoy reading up on the topics for the future: E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

My personal favorite of the simpler delivery devices is the cartotank for the best flavor production.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Mookman, Welcome to the ECF. I have used the larger version of the eVod, the t3..... It gives good flavor, and a good amount of vapor. I personally prefer (right now) a low resistance Boge cartomizer. I have been using them for so long that I am accustomed to them. If you are looking for the best single pack price for good quality cartomizers(from a reputable vendor) I think steam monkey is one of the least expensive Carto/Atomizer/RBAs or if you want them fir a little more, but faster delivery check out good prophets Cartomizers but right now GP shows only standard resistance in stock.

I have an order on its way with some eVod clearos and I will let you know on tuesday if they could replace my cartos as far as flavor is concerned. The t3 was great vapor, but they where just not up to par with what I am accustomed to in the flavor department, good but not better than my regular cartos..... Happy Vaping.

mookman78

May 25, 2013
harrisville, PA
Thanks for the quick reply....yea, right now I have about 10 boge cartos but they are all standard resist, should I be using a low resist?? also, baditude said that his favorite for flavor is a cartotank, is this something I should have?? ive noticed that with my sr boge cartos I don't really get a lot of vapor production.....the flavor production is ok, but I think it could b better....I also have some ce3 "phoenix" clearomizers that are 2.4-2.6ohm resist..so, do u think the clears would give me better flavor/vapor production than the boge sr's??..I haven't tried them yet...

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have about 10 boge cartos but they are all standard resist, should I be using a low resist?? also, baditude said that his favorite for flavor is a cartotank, is this something I should have?? ive noticed that with my sr boge cartos I don't really get a lot of vapor production.....the flavor production is ok, but I think it could b better....
Low resistance will give a warmer vape and may increase vapor production slightly, but might also appear more harsh and to make some flavors taste burnt. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the allure of low resistance is those people enjoy the heat they give.

The main problem with cartomizers is they are made with a metal cylinder and you can't easily judge how much liquid is in them. Too little juice and you will get a dry burnt taste, and possibly burn the filler, which can not be repaired.

Using a cartomizer with punched holes in it inside of a cartotank allows the tank to replenish the cartomizer with juice with each vape that you take. You can easily know when its time to refill the cartotank because they normally are clear and you can see the juice level. Keeping the filler constantly wet with juice keeps a cartomizer in a tank working longer than when used alone.

It's my opinion that cartotanks provide better flavor than the string-wicked clearo devices because of the greater contact surface a cartomizers's filler has to the heating coil as compared to just a couple of strings in the clearo. More juice on the heating coil should mean more flavor.

Check out the videos included in this cartotank tutorial I made and see if this is something you would like to try: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Last edited:

mookman78

May 25, 2013
harrisville, PA
so, this might b a dumb question, but are all catrotanks designed to have replaceable catromizers in them?? I mean, do I just buy the tank and replace the carto part when it goes bad? ive been eyeing a dct 510 tank that holds 6ml and has a 1.5ohm resist, is this a good fit for my ego-t or kanger evod batt? one more thing...ive noticed that my 100% pg from liberty flights has a nice smooth taste, where as my 100% pg from freedom smoke has a much harsher taste, is this typical of different vendors??... I just got some juice from mtbaker and haven't tried it yet but ive been vaping 100% pg because ive heard it has much better flavor...

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Welcome to ECF first off. I'd stay away from the DCT's. Just personal opinion on that one.
If you looking at a good price for plain carto's then I can suggest this site.
- Multi-Pack Deals
I use the boge LR's and usually buy them by the 10 pack. 50 cartos in the deal.
Good luck with your journey.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
I personally like the LR. They ohm out at around 2.2 - 2.4 ohms. The SR ohm out at around 3 ohms. The lower the resistence the warmer the vape and less voltage needed. The higher the resistance the cooler the vape or more voltage needed. It all depends on you battery. If it's the standard eGo type then I suggest the LR.
I use both depending on the setup I'm using at the time.
And if I'm wrong then I know someone will correct me.
It won't be the first time. But this is my :2c:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Actually, low resistance is 1.5 - 1.9 ohm.

Standard resistance is 2.0 - 2.4 ohm.

High resistance is 2.5 - 3.0 ohm.

Low resistance will give a warmer vape. Standard resistance will give a cooler vape. High resistance is for variable voltage/variable wattage devices that put out over 3.7 volts of power to the heating coil.

I personally recommend single coils over dual coil cartomizers. The duals require at least 4.5 volts of power to really shine, and they drain a battery faster than single coils do.

FYI, "DCT" stands for dual coil tank. It is terminology that gets lumped into that Q-Tips are cotton tip applicators and Band Aids are adhesive bandages. The reason that I bring this up is that many people believe that you must use dual coils in a DCT tank. Nothing could be more wrong. Many, if not most vapors, use single coils in DCT tanks.

A cartomizer can be expected to last anywhere between 1 -3 weeks in a tank. Factors like dark or thicker juices will take a tougher toll on cartos and cause them to not last as long. When the carto's flavor drops or the pull becomes stiff, it's time to replace it.

As far as expenses with replacing a cartomizer....I spent over $5 a day on cigarettes and thought nothing about it, it's nothing to me to spend $2 every 1 - 3 weeks on a cartomizer in comparison.

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Actually, low resistance is 1.5 - 1.9 ohm.

Standard resistance is 2.0 - 2.4 ohm.

High resistance is 2.5 - 3.0 ohm.

Low resistance will give a warmer vape. Standard resistance will give a cooler vape. High resistance is for variable voltage/variable wattage devices that put out over 3.7 volts of power to the heating coil.

I personally recommend single coils over dual coil cartomizers. The duals require at least 4.5 volts of power to really shine, and they drain a battery faster than single coils do.

FYI, "DCT" stands for dual coil tank. It is terminology that gets lumped into that Q-Tips are cotton tip applicators and Band Aids are adhesive bandages. The reason that I bring this up is that many people believe that you must use dual coils in a DCT tank. Nothing could be more wrong. Many, if not most vapors, use single coils in DCT tanks.

A cartomizer can be expected to last anywhere between 1 -3 weeks in a tank. Factors like dark or thicker juices will take a tougher toll on cartos and cause them to not last as long. When the carto's flavor drops or the pull becomes stiff, it's time to replace it.

As far as expenses with replacing a cartomizer....I spent over $5 a day on cigarettes and thought nothing about it, it's nothing to me to spend $2 every 1 - 3 weeks on a cartomizer in comparison.

Hey Bro!!!!!!!!! And once again we can agree to disagree. The link I refered to was for the boge carto's. Super cheap and resistance is futile!!!! For a boge carto the LR is around 2.2-2.4 ohms. The SR is around 3.0 ohms. Smoke tech is a whole nother kitten. As are the Iken vapes cartos. The OP wanted to know cheap.
And to the OP if you go the multi pack deal then you will need to get a carto punch. The cost can vary a lot. I've got one that cost $40 usd, and ond that was a lot cheaper. The $40 usd one has punched around 200 cartos, and stil going strong.
COV Carto Punch v4
The cheaper one does a Fantastic job also, Just won't last as long.
V2 Cartomizer Punch - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks
I've had carto's that have lasted over 4 weeks. I'm scared of germs cause of health reasons so I change em at least once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread