Seeking New Vaper Advice / Opinions on Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillip26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
New York, NY
I'm very new to vaping and until recently had only tried Blu, Logic, and White Cloud disposable ecigs (I have been tobacco free for about a week). A friend pulled out his Kanger EVOD kit at a party on Sunday, and I became instantly interested. SO, being the obsessive person that I am, I ordered my own (the EVOD starter kit), plus a bunch of ejuice and extra clearomizers.

I'm wondering if anyone has used any of these ejuice flavors before:
  • From myvaporstore.com
    • Fire Cured Virginia
    • Peach Frost
    • Killa Vanilla
  • From MtBakerVapor.com
    • Black Licorice (1 flavor shot)
    • Ecto Cooler (1 flavor shot)
    • Hawk Sauce (1 flavor shot)

I also ordered a few extra Kanger EVOD clearomizers from myvaporstore, a Kanger Mini Protank 2 from eBay (because I read that some of the ejuices I ordered tend to crack plastic clearomizers), and some replacement coil heads (2.2 Ohm) from eBay.

Does this seem like a good setup for a new vaper?
Is there anything that I should definitely try (specific vendors, ejuice, clearomizers, etc.)?

I know I asked a lot of questions in this post... any insight is much appreciated!

jimbodaddy74

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Everywhere you want to be
It's a good start. But beware of G.A.S. Gear Acquisition Syndrome. You've chosen well by going with Mt. Baker for some of your juices. I haven't tried any from myvaporstore yet. I also get a bunch of juice from EC Blends.

I can tell you that a friend of mine liked Hawk Sauce so much, that he went to MBV's wholesale site and got a whole pint of it.

phillip26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
New York, NY
As a quick observation about myvaporstore: they're the only site that charged about $5 for shipping and it is USPS 1 day priority mail with $100 of insurance included (insurance doesn't really matter I guess, but hey it's a nice touch) and they shipped next business day. I'm going to get some of my ejuice (tomorrow) before I even get my EVOD (likely Saturday)... And I ordered the juice several hours after. Hopefully I'll have nice things to say about them after I receive the products too!

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
next time you may want to go with no extra shots on the juices. I use the hawksauce and ecto cooler regularly, and they are pretty potent on their own. I did a batch of extra shot's and they were very strong, even after steeping and settling. I rather vape something a little light on the flavor side then something that is over powering to the taste buds.

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
Does this seem like a good setup for a new vaper?

Anything that works for you and keeps you off the stinkies is a good choice.

Is there anything that I should definitely try (specific vendors, ejuice, clearomizers, etc.)?

Yea - EVERYTHING :danger: You will be using your charge card a LOT.

Mt. Baker has some pretty good juices. I am sort of addicted to their Thug Juice.

I also like Velvet Cloud a lot.

I give you a month before you buy a Provari . . . . .

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
Anything that works for you and keeps you off the stinkies is a good choice.

Yea - EVERYTHING :danger: You will be using your charge card a LOT.

Mt. Baker has some pretty good juices. I am sort of addicted to their Thug Juice.

I also like Velvet Cloud a lot.

I give you a month before you buy a Provari . . . . .

Thug Juice the other of the 4 I buy repeatedly from mbv. As for the provari I root for people to not buy one(I know stones will be thrown at me). I hated the one I tried from my friend, same reason I never really cared for the zmax, that stupid single button system doesn't work for me. I ride two wheels year round and when I vape I like to quickly change settings while puffing at a light and back in my pocket it goes before the light turns.

The provari is probably the most durable device out there, but Doesn't fit my needs.

phillip26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
New York, NY
Thug Juice the other of the 4 I buy repeatedly from mbv. As for the provari I root for people to not buy one(I know stones will be thrown at me). I hated the one I tried from my friend, same reason I never really cared for the zmax, that stupid single button system doesn't work for me. I ride two wheels year round and when I vape I like to quickly change settings while puffing at a light and back in my pocket it goes before the light turns.

The provari is probably the most durable device out there, but Doesn't fit my needs.

I did a little research on the Provari and I think I agree with you... What do you use, typically?

I think I would prefer a two-button setup, but I think I may have to try it out for myself.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Welcome to the forum, Phillip. Looks to me like you are good to go on vaping. I got the Kanger Evod starter kit, and still use it. It works well and is easy to maintain. I also like Mt. Baker Vapor for my juices. I'm currently vaping Cinnamon Roll and also Butterscotch, with no shots. I found them very nice right out of the mail box. I don't have any patience with steeping or waiting, lol.

Good luck to you and continued success in this great adventure.:)

Hello! I didn't want to start a new thred, so I decided ask in here as I didn't find answers with Tapatalk search. I ordered two of these

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1382500

Have any of you tried one? How are they? Does 2A or 3A usb charger give enough
power to vape? Thank you!

---
Vaping since 2012. Newest mod Vamo V5. Hopefully I have enough money to buy Provari some day!

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Hello! I didn't want to start a new thred, so I decided ask in here as I didn't find answers with Tapatalk search. I ordered two of these

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1382500

Have any of you tried one? How are they? Does 2A or 3A usb charger give enough
power to vape? Thank you!

---
Vaping since 2012. Newest mod Vamo V5. Hopefully I have enough money to buy Provari some day!

There's a poster here who loves his. Has it as his avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread