New To Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :) I've just started vaping (since tuesday). It hasn't been long but it's a big deal for me!
It started with my boyfriend buying a couple disposable e cigs so I bought an Apollo kit online. I hated it :/. But it got me searching and I ended up ordering a Katana and eGo twist batteries with clearomizers.
Yesterday I stopped at a local smoke shop and bought some of their e liquid and I think its called a T3? clearomizer where the wicks are on the bottom.

I just have a couple questions.
I've tried a few e liquids. I've mostly ordered fruit flavors since the Apollo green apple is probably my favorite yet. But most of the ones I have tried have this weird aftertaste. It's so hard to describe but nasty, artificial and just dirty tasting.
Are there any fruit flavors I should try or should I let these "steep"?

Also- what kind of unit does a "drip tip" need to be ontop of?

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
a drip tip is just the mouthpiece. it should fit on top of your clearomizer. as far as liquids, sounds like the liquids you got aren't very good. there are a lot of vendors who sell flavors that are associated with this site. If you look close to the top of this page you will see a "forum supplier" blue button. just click that and you will see all the banners. I had good luck with sites like "Vermillion River" "Ahlusion" and "Ms Ts Bakery" to name a few. Try and buy their sample packs. They don't cost a lot and will give you a chance to sample their product without spending too much. Good luck

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Welcome to ECF and congratulations on becoming a vaper! There are many good brands of liquid available, some not very expensive. I really like Mt Baker Vapor blackberry for one, and their pineapple upside down cake is another I like. Mr E-Liquid in Grand Rapids has some excellent fruit and menthol fruit flavors.

Drip tips work in some atomizers, cartomizers and tanks that have the same sized opening as a basic cartomizer. Most Kanger models come with it as a one piece design, so they aren't needed. Drip tips just push in to the opening, while typical clearomizers tips screw in.

Where are you in Michigan? There are regular vaping meet-ups and that's the best way to try new flavors and get some help. There's also a facebook group for the Michigan Vapers Club to find out what's happening. Good luck and keep on vapin'!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping. Now you and your boyfriend have a new hobby. Kind of like a bra.... it's always easier with built in support. heehee I am still new and not much help to others yet, but like you, I love fruit flavors. I just tried a sample of blueberry and could easier buy by the gallon. Check out the prices on Fasttech.com. I get my orders in about 8 days which isn't to bad but have yet to bet any of the prices. A great group of people here so you've come to the right place for questions and support. Enjoy.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Welcome to ECF! You've certainly come to the right place for insight and advice on your cool new "hobby" :D

Sometimes juice just needs time. The juice I ordered 3 weeks ago tastes SO much better now than it did when I first got it (like night and day, actually). Not to say that every juice needs that long, but it does happen. Just my :2c:, and YMMV.

Eric1217

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Long Beach, CA, USA
Hi RoboRabbit, and welcome to ECF, and now for your question.

I'm no expert I can only speak through my experience, but most E-Liquid does have an aftertaste fruity or not, some are very light others are really nasty like your tongue feels like yesterday Salad Bar.

Some people just dont notice it some got use to it and some like me always have a side juice, kinda like another setup or tank with different flavor juice (mostly strong menthol) to kinda like take the aftertaste away. Well thats what I do and it also bring your favorite flavor back to life.

You might try that method and see if it would work for you. And also do experiment more with diff vendors maybe the juice you bought is really bad. Remember you past your first week already there is no turning back now :)

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
Hi and Welcome! Congratulations on making the switch to Vaping! That is a big deal and one worth being proud of! For the most part, I vape a 50/50 12mg unflavored. Every now and then I get a hint of something with it, a tinge of sweet or a hint of pepper(ish?) but for the most part, nothing. No aftertaste, no odd flavor lingering. I do have some flavors but, unflavored is my go to.

Like others have mentioned, maybe try letting the flavors you have "steep or breathe" a little and see if that settles the flavors or try different juice vendors.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Steeping is only something that happens if i lose interest in a liquid - i am far too impatient to buy something and then watch it do nothing for 2 weeks! I vape it as soon as i have it in my rhino claws!

If i'd wanted to mature something i'd have made cheese or whiskey. If i made it, perhaps, but if i bought it - i want ready to use!

The advice about trying a few flavours is good because you will find one or two that you are really happy with a lot faster. I'll draw on my wife's and my experience and just tell you what we use, not because it's the best - but just because. She likes menthol flavour all day long - never tires of it. I use an RY4 tobacco-ish flavour. If you like fruit stuff more, i had a real thing for black cherry!

You will find your liking for anything alters. But that just makes the journey more interesting.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread