New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Howdy and Welcome to ECF! You may want to turn down your wattage to 35 Watts. There is another alternative to making your own coils. You can buy remade coils from fasttech for next to nothing. Then all you have to do is install them and wick them. I have been making my own coils for years and there is a learning curve but, it is NOT rocket science.

Joolsb72

Nov 18, 2017
Durham UK
Yup. It's that custard juice doing in your coils. Might as well just line 'em up and shoot them. You definitely need to look into coil building. It's not that hard to do, but there is a learning curve, and some up-front expense to get some tools and parts. Still, once you have done so, it gets a lot cheaper.
What flavours would you recommend until I can afford to get an RTA?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The clearer the juice the better. Try to find juices with less sweeteners. 70vg/30pg or 60vg/40pg work well in your tank and are easier on drop ins than max vg.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
That's far too subjective for me to help you. I wouldn't have any idea what flavors you might find palatable. Most people think I'm strange because I like fruits and spices rather than bakery goods or whatever. In general, the clearer the juice, and the less sweet, the less it will gunk your coils. Some people like vaping unflavored, you might consider that.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd go for an RTA, if you think you can manage it. There are tons of inexpensive RTAs that work well, I might recommend the Coppervape Hussar RTA (it's a clone, but the consensus is that this clone is better than the original). I bought mine at 3Fvape, it was inexpensive, and it's a wide, 1 coil deck, pretty easy to start on as it's simple. Lots of options for airflow and vaping more clouds, or less clouds and good flavor. It was the first RTA I built successfully.

This forum may be of use to you if you want to get an RTA up and running, it can be a bit of a time investment and learning curve but well worth the effort. Good luck! Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Anna

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks. You've all given me lots of great advice and lots to research. I'll go and put that into practice now
Fair enough and good luck. Come back and ask questions-- you will have questions, believe me-- any time you wish.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've seen RTA mentioned a few times on amazon and ebay but I don't really understand what it is
Welcome and glad you joined.
The following information may help you get started.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/wrapping-building-coils-101-for-beginners.745045/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...er-flow-flavor-saturation-and-nic-hit.561226/
Might save you some reply postings by just hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post (if you desire-we get notified as to your appreciation). Not to mention, some of us will come back to the post to follow up on your additional questions (me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread