New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
First off, Welcome! I'm sure you will get some opinions soon. There are a lot of factors surrounding coil life. Being new, I don't want to jump right in with a bunch of technical stuff that might be a bit like a drink from a fire hose. Sweet juices have a tendency to shorten coil life. In some cases thicker juices can also do the same thing. I have no real experience with the coils you are using as I moved to all rebuild-able attys some time ago. I do know that different coils have different life spans. Hang in there! I'm sure help is on the way!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Many factors to consider, yes chain or heavy vaping will heat up a coil and tank and lessen coil life, for sure. Juices: Sweet, dark, NETs or WTA as well as super high VG will also burn coils. I have found having several setups in the morning when I want to chain vape is helpful. Make sure to prime your coils well, let them sit a while, then slowlllly raise wattage while taking long slow puffs, until you get your vape where you like it. Don't let your tank run lower than 1/3 or 1/4 before refilling, the less juice, the more the watts will heat it up. Don't drain your tank.

Some folks poke holes in Smok coils to assist in wicking. You can use a needle or syringe and just poke and fluff the cotton in a few spots. That might help you.

Honestly though, depending on how much you are vaping and wattage and airflow, it's not unheard of for coils to not last a long time (drop in coils specifically) until you find the right type of e-liquids without too much gunking factors. One thing I might try would be a few drops of water in your tank with your e-liquid, it will thin it slightly, and possibly reduce temperatures in your tank.

Best of luck,

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome to ECF, @Cyetta Bray !

I have the G-Priv kit with the Big Baby tank (using the T8 coil) in my daily rotation using a fairly sweet juice, Mr Meringue. Since I change gear with different juices multiple times a day, it is hard to say how long my coils last. But a conservative estimate would be 60 hours. Your 16 to 32 would seem quite short of that, but several variables could be in play. As others mentioned, how sweet your juice is as well as wattage, how long each fire is, is it set on hard "pre-heat", how many hits per hour one takes, etc.

Your juice is what it is, but you might try something less sweet just to see how much difference that makes. I run on the low end of recommended wattage (60 watts or a bit less) on the normal setting on about a 3 second pull. If all those variables are higher/longer for you, you might try cutting them back a bit.

What it really comes down to is, like most everything, is the cost worth the enjoyment and staying off the smokes (if that is your case)? There are several options available if cost is a major consideration, but I'll leave that for later if so. For now, I would suggest a second tank (maybe something different) you can load up with a less sweet juice you can switch out during the day. Besides, for we former smokers, back-ups are always a good thing! I have enough tanks loaded and ready to go for flavors I prefer at different times of the day.....my Mr Meringue is reserved for that extra enjoyment in the evening! :vapor:

Good luck! Tis but a journey and we each decide how far it will take us.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello and welcome to the family.
Premium juices rarely improve coil life. I don't know your vg/pg ratio but am guessing 70/30 or 80/20. Sweet high vg juices will gunk coils fairly rapidly. If you love your juice your best bet would be to get a couple more tanks so you can rotate. I would also try ordering some 60vg/40pg less sweet juices.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
New to vaping having issues with burning up coils... I'm not a heavy vapor my coils are only lasting one to two days I like the sweet juices and I only use the premium juices I'm currently using the SMOK G-PRIV mode coils are the V8 BABY-X4. Any suggestions.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Coil life is dependent on many factors. The information below is easy to follow and can help.
Might like to read:
https://www.vaporfi.com/blog/how-to-make-your-vape-coil-last-longer/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread