Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I see that a lot, and not just with Ti coils. My problem with jut using a brush is that you can only clean the top of the coil, not the sides or bottom.

I remove them, clean real well with the brush, then in the Ultra Sonic Cleaner :)
It's a bit of a hassle but can extend the life by months :)
Eventually they get so junked the resistance changes, then it's time to change them.
A dry burn would be so much easier, but the white residue scares me :(
I want to vape as safe as I can with the knowledge we have up to Now!

BTW this is only for the Ti Claptons, simple round wire Ti comes out like new with just the brush :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello,
Just now saw this thread and I am so happy you are doing this. I have been looking for info on TI for a while now, nothing out there really. I have been singing the praises of TI every since I found it. I just use 24-26 AWG pre-coiled wires as my hands don't always cooperate with winding. But the taste is the best I have found. Flavors just pop and not having to re-wick/re-coil very often is a plus.
I totally agree with everything Steamer861 says. LOL

Will be watching....

:)

I use those little dental brush thingys on occasion too. I also found a dry burn, cleaning, and a quick run through the ultrasonic cleaner useful when changing flavors just to be sure all the nooks and crannies on things like fused Claptons are clean as well.
Have not tried using ultrasonic cleaner! That's a great idea! Will give it a try and see!

@Sugar_and_Spice

Same here! Been looking high and low for more talk about Ti, instead saw reviewers that glow Ti red hot to the point oxides form (whitish powder) or the ones that spaced the coils; which I've tried but flavor is just muted on spaced. U should get Ur hands on some Clapton Ti or even SS, heaps of difference in flavor compared to round builds, you'll never look back again .

Cheers again for the support! I'm super excited to see more users popping up supporting Ti, but ultimately temp control

Last edited:
Eventually they get so junked the resistance changes, then it's time to change them.
A dry burn would be so much easier, but the white residue scares me :(

Hey! Its true the level of 'gunkiness' depends on the juice. But u can dry burn them so to speak, as long as u don't glow them red hot,check out 'How to clean titanium coils' on the channel. Basically we pulse glow the coils when it's gunked, should get rid of most of the gunk , then with a little firing underwater, coil should look brand new . Could be even better with an ultrasonic cleaner! Maybe fire it underwater in the ultrasonic bath! White residue (TiO2) should form only when it's glowed bright red. Do give it a try, been using my Ti Clapton for about a year now on my MTL savour tank, only issue is that the legs needs some brushing as the heat doesn't reach the legs enough to loosen up the gunk there

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Definitely give the ultrasonic cleaner a looksee. For stuff like Clapton fused Claptons or other complex coils it's a nice way of getting that extra gunk out. You still need to burn and generally clean and rinse up, but I found when changing juices it's helpful over just a clean and rewick alone.

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Can anyone recommend a good high quality TI wire from a reputable source? I finally ran out of my spider silk wire, and had to build a coil out of nichrome. Compared to TI, the flavor is so muted, it's like holding your nose while trying to taste food. Whatever happened to spider silk, made by envycig? I can't find it anywhere except for an ebay listing, but there is no way to specify between 24G/26G when ordering and the lazy seller won't respond to email.

Reactions: stols001
Can anyone recommend a good high quality TI wire from a reputable source? I finally ran out of my spider silk wire, and had to build a coil out of nichrome. Compared to TI, the flavor is so muted, it's like holding your nose while trying to taste food. Whatever happened to spider silk, made by envycig? I can't find it anywhere except for an ebay listing, but there is no way to specify between 24G/26G when ordering and the lazy seller won't respond to email.

I've no access to spidersilk branding from where I am, But I have however tested 'sweet spot vapors' Ti, and they're pretty good :) , but they go by 'mm' instead of 'gauge. 0.3mm is equivalent to 28G, 0.4mm is 26G. 0.5mm is 24G and so on :)

Edit : Just checked their facebook, seems like they're out of business too :(
I've also used 'vaportech' but it's pretty nasty in terms of QC. u'll have to clean the wire with alcohol pads or any spirits before wrapping a coil (machine oil residue on wire before use, or else all u can taste is oil :( . Other than that, it works okay.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread